Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your fursona like?

Default What's your fursona like?

Do you guys have any? Are they OCs or based off series?

I could never make myself a fursona. It's not that I wouldn't want to but it's troublesome. I tried making two a few months back and they ended up becoming their own characters instead of an avatar for myself. It's not even like I can draw so what use is creating a fursona?

Mine is basically what I would look like as a Leopard. Rock n roll t shirts, big hair, aviator sunglasses, and a leather jacket and boots. my curent avatar was not made by me, and I'll just admit that even though it is virtually identical to what i would look like, It is not my character. It's just a pic I found on google and added my name to. I would use it as a reference if I get the chance to have someone do an original avatar for me.

Sometimes that's what they are is a character themselves. My fursona is just a representation of myself, certain characteristics I have or wish were better. If you are having trouble making a fursona use this as a guide: Just for kicks...Bio form

The use of a Fursona is so the Furry fandom can identify us, it's easier to remember a 6 ft green and blue wolf than it is to remember that guy with brown hair. It's simply our identity to the furry community

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    Sometimes that's what they are is a character themselves.[/url]
    They're supposed to vaguely resemble yourself. Mine just came out animals who have characteristics similar to me. I'd rather sit and write stories about them then use them as a fursona.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewberryBlue View Post
    They're supposed to vaguely resemble yourself. Mine just came out animals who have characteristics similar to me. I'd rather sit and write stories about them then use them as a fursona.
    It's different for every furry. I become a completely different person when I am my Fursona. There is nothing wrong with it being just characteristics that are similar to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewberryBlue View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    It's different for every furry. I become a completely different person when I am my Fursona. There is nothing wrong with it being just characteristics that are similar to you.
    Heed the words of FauxPas! There are multiple ways to approach this successfully. I learned at the suit panels that many people are doing it as a character. It's their character, and so it can have special meaning or it can be more like an acting role. Find how it works for you.

I ended up basing my fursona off of characteristics my old dog had and myself. I looked at dogs that I thought would have similar qualities and went from there. It wasn't until my first furcon that I really even had a fursona or a name for my character. I was registering for FCN when the gentleman at registration asked what name would go on my conbadge. My fast thinking stammered out "Red," or the first word of the username I usually use whilst carousing the interwebs. Since then, I've embraced the name, and when someone asks why "Red," I reply "I think it's because I'm Irish." I haven't a speck of Irish blood, I just wanted to use a quote from a favorite movie of mine, although there is some irony I think in the fact that I am Native American and I've been referred to affectionately by my non-furry friends as "the Redman."

My fursona is just myself, as a two toned brown bear. Medium brown with light brown muzzle and inner ears, with my piercings and habit of dressing like the biker from the village people everyday. I commissioned some art, id have to find it though. Id rather like to have a diapered version of my character drawn one day, thats just bound to be adoreable.

My fursona keeps shifting between a fox, cat, and wolf... It's been that way for years, so I don't really have something solid...which makes me sad.

skyfoxpup

bad mood wolf good mood fox