Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Biggest baby-diaper ever?

  1. #1

    Default Biggest baby-diaper ever?

    On a similar subject to my last thread, I was thinking about the wide-variety of diapers that exist elsewhere in the world.

    Specifically, genuine baby diapers. Did you know that Pampers, as sold in North America are actually quite small when compared to baby diapers elsewhere?

    Through my travels on the Internet - knowledge gained mostly by side-effect, tells me that the biggest diapers ostensibly marketed for children (i.e. sold in retail stores, have babyish designs on, etc) are in the places you'd least expect.

    I'll start with Germany - the home of EU Pampers Size 6, which is certifiably huge compared to even USA Pampers Size 7 (I'll post pictures soon when I get the chance), Germany is also the home of "Beauty Baby" who sells a Size 6 rated for "16-35kg" - that's *77lbs* for the yankees here.

    ...according to this CDC chart, 16-35kg maps to boys aged 3.5 (at a minimum) all the way to 11 (based on the 50% percentile). That creeps me out.

    Other examples I've seen include "Sanita Happies", a Jordanian brand available in 23+ kg "XXLarge" size, which is 8 years old by average (and their packaging shows what looks like a smiling 4-5 yearold girl with an obvious bulge), and "Finee Size 5" which is 22+kg. SCA, makers of Tena, also have a baby-diaper line, Libero, available up to Size 7 which claims suitability for those weighing 15-30kg (3-9 years old, according to the CDC).

    There is also an adult diaper manufacturer in Germany that sells non-baby diapers for children (i.e. youth diapers for the incontinent), I've forgotten their name and website unfortunately, which actually brands it as "for Kids!", with colorful packaging and their website contains language along the lines of "it's important to inform your child not to be ashamed about wearing diapers and it's only because they need them". If I find the link I'll post it (though I do understand the diapers themselves are plain-white with wetness indicators).

    ...it's like something out of a certain blue-colored website we love to hate.

    I'm so creeped out and affected by this because, first-and-foremost, I don't want to let any children become ABDLs, and I'm worried what the effect of exposure to diapers outside of the normal age-range is (though I'm aware that many of us say we were toilet-trained at a very young age, for the record I was trained at 2.5 years). The second is, honestly, feelings of jealousy. Size 6 wasn't introduced in the UK until I was 10 years old and wouldn't fit me then - now that apparently in Germany I could have gotten myself infantile diapers that would have fit me like a glove.

    Now I know these are all edge-cases, and matter-of-factly these diapers are probably being used to curb bedwetting rather than for the purpose of infantilising children, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

    Does anyone have any other thoughts, or know if any other bigger baby diapers?

    Note that I'm obviously not counting ABDL diapers.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqZ,!lgFH57O61I5BR-k-GKC1Q~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	5126 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	18175
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16VHJGQFFhggHsFtBRyFhqtJSg~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	2635 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	18176
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqJ,!rQFB6hQQEvgBQi+!NRi-!~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	7706 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	18177

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dryper123 View Post
    What about the GOON diapers from Japan?
    Ah yes, I forgot about those.

    GOON do make available their "Big" size, but also a "Super Big" size - what's interesting is that the Super Big design is not infantile at all, it's plain, but this is despite the fact that GOON is the manufacturer's baby diaper brand name (they also have an adult diaper line with a different name) - my guess is they're playing-off name recognition, but this would be like Pampers introducing a product with the name "Pampers Size 8" but with adult/institutional branding and no fancy designs on the diaper.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalSomeThing View Post
    Ah yes, I forgot about those.

    GOON do make available their "Big" size, but also a "Super Big" size - what's interesting is that the Super Big design is not infantile at all, it's plain, but this is despite the fact that GOON is the manufacturer's baby diaper brand name (they also have an adult diaper line with a different name) - my guess is they're playing-off name recognition, but this would be like Pampers introducing a product with the name "Pampers Size 8" but with adult/institutional branding and no fancy designs on the diaper.
    Well,

    If our society in the states wasn't so down on older kids and diapers, we would have pampers size 8.

    Our society puts a negative connotation on diapers that others don't...

    I can see in japan having brand recognition for baby to adult sizes working...

    Now, here no ic adult would buy pampers...they would buy anything but!

    It's sorta sad in a way that our "western" ways are not the best...

    In fact the opposite is true...pampers cruisers size 10 would most likely be the best diaper ever...

    Think about it...they have the experience, skills, mfg, and everything already in place...just sized up...

    But, no we get depends

    B

  5. #5

    Default

    So I have to ask who does make a real baby diaper that would fit some one with a 34" waist. Some that I find for AB/dl are way out of my price range.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    So I have to ask who does make a real baby diaper that would fit some one with a 34" waist. Some that I find for AB/dl are way out of my price range.
    Well,

    That depends on "real" pun intended!

    But, there are larger sizes abroad like Japan and such...but shipping and such brings the prices up to ab diapers sometimes more...

    Now, if your on a trip, grab some...

    Other than that overseas shipping isn't easy or cheap...

    Except china post which must be subsidized somehow...

    B

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Well,

    If our society in the states wasn't so down on older kids and diapers, we would have pampers size 8.

    Our society puts a negative connotation on diapers that others don't...

    I can see in japan having brand recognition for baby to adult sizes working...

    Now, here no ic adult would buy pampers...they would buy anything but!

    It's sorta sad in a way that our "western" ways are not the best...

    In fact the opposite is true...pampers cruisers size 10 would most likely be the best diaper ever...

    Think about it...they have the experience, skills, mfg, and everything already in place...just sized up...

    But, no we get depends

    B
    whilst I generally have to agree,

    if Pampers would indeed come up with a PURELY INCONTINENCE ORIENTED product that would work as good or better as Attends or Tena and be competitively priced... AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: CLEAN NO BABY DESIGN... than I would indeed consider buying them... I guess there's hardly any other manufacturer with such an experience out there - so supposedly when they would apply their R&D skills at adult products (high end) they would be good.

  8. #8

    Default

    I can't help but have a disdain for people who are dead-set against some of us who would rather have the superior design and utility of a baby diaper. I have been wearing Attends as opposed to the Goodnites I was before, and I am already SICK AND TIRED OF THEM. I had to get my doctor to write a letter for me to give to my DHS worker and Section 8, so I can buy my Abenas with my own money in exchange for an increase in food stamps and housing assistance. A lot of Medicaid diapers are going to end up, unused, in the dumpster. Idiots.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalSomeThing View Post
    On a similar subject to my last thread, I was thinking about the wide-variety of diapers that exist elsewhere in the world.

    Specifically, genuine baby diapers. Did you know that Pampers, as sold in North America are actually quite small when compared to baby diapers elsewhere?

    Through my travels on the Internet - knowledge gained mostly by side-effect, tells me that the biggest diapers ostensibly marketed for children (i.e. sold in retail stores, have babyish designs on, etc) are in the places you'd least expect.

    I'll start with Germany - the home of EU Pampers Size 6, which is certifiably huge compared to even USA Pampers Size 7 (I'll post pictures soon when I get the chance), Germany is also the home of "Beauty Baby" who sells a Size 6 rated for "16-35kg" - that's *77lbs* for the yankees here.
    I've actually noticed that too. However, I had assumed that they were about the same dimension, except that in the US they omit the upper weight range for the larger sizes. For example, here are the weight ranges for pampers cruisers, taken directly from pampers.com:

    Size 3: 7 - 13 kg / 16 - 28 lbs
    Size 4: 10 - 17 kg / 22 - 37 lbs
    Size 5: 12+ kg / 27+ lbs
    Size 6: 16+ kg / 35+ lbs
    Size 7: 19+ kg / 41+ lbs

    Some quick work suggests that the max weight for size 7 is 29-33 kgs:



    If you assume that each size increase from 4-7 is good for another 5kg at the top of the weight range, you can get up to 32kg for pampers size 7, which is pretty close the 35kg on the European pampers.

    Here's the source data, if anyone wants to play with it:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc&usp=sharing

    I feel like I'm really over-analyzing this, but I'm sure there's some marketing reason for not listing an upper weight range on the US pampers. The only one I've been able to come up with is that originally size 5 was the biggest, and so it made sense to list it as 27+ lbs - and then they never went back and filled in a max weight when size 6 (and later 7) came out. If someone can come up with a better reason, however, I'd love to hear it.

    Also, have you seen Cottontail's diaper size chart? It's the most useful post on adisc about baby diapers:

    https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...tml#post922385

    If you have some of the EU Pampers Size 6 and USA Pampers Size 7, I wouldn't mind seeing some side-by-side pictures, and ideally the same measurements that Cottontail did.




    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalSomeThing View Post
    I'm so creeped out and affected by this because, first-and-foremost, I don't want to let any children become ABDLs, and I'm worried what the effect of exposure to diapers outside of the normal age-range is (though I'm aware that many of us say we were toilet-trained at a very young age, for the record I was trained at 2.5 years).
    While I understand your point, I seriously doubt that late exposure to diapers has any significant affect on someone's likelihood of becoming an ABDL. I'm sure it's contributed in a few cases, but I seem to have read several posts where people think they're ABDL because they were potty trained too early. I guess my point is that why someone becomes an ABDL is a really complicated issue, and something as simple as late exposure to diapers isn't likely to contribute to that a lot.
    Last edited by LittleAcorn; 29-Aug-2013 at 19:05. Reason: typo, spreadsheet error

  10. #10

Similar Threads

  1. Biggest Swell- up Diaper Ever
    By funseeker in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 29-May-2012, 01:53
  2. The Biggest sized tabbed baby diaper
    By Mikeyboy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-May-2012, 20:51
  3. Biggest size baby nappies in UK ?
    By Coodie in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 27-Dec-2011, 14:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.