Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB/DL Related events

Default AB/DL Related events

I'm just thinking before I go to bed, but I mean we have gay pride rallies, comicons, and other conventions and get togethers, but I never heard one for Adult babies/Diaper lovers/ Pacifier lovers/Littlefurs etc.

The reason I'm asking if such thing exists is because I'm tired of searching on the Internet, trying to find someone like me, possibly in my area. I know ADOSC is not a ,eating site. I've been here for two years and I am we'll aware of the rules regarding that (even though I almost did meet someone from here 2 years ago. Long story). But also maybe a place for our kind to get together, meet and talk to people of their own kind (I'm making this sound like we're mutants or something haha X-men references). Make them feel welcome and supportive.

I don't know what the point of the thread is, I just got this idea about ABDL get togethers and asking if this is already a real thing or not?

AB/DL's sometimes have private get-togethers called ''munches,'' from what I've read here on the site. Also, furry conventions sometimes have a ''cub room,'' likely a private hotel room acquired by another baby/diaperfur.

But would we really want a big ab/dl convention advertised on the news and open to just anyone? Images of adults sporting diapers and sucking pacifiers glaring out from TV screens and newspapers would likely give the general public a negative rather than positive impression of the community.

Here's a link to one of the munch sites that Kimba referred to. LittlesMunch.com I've never been to one myself as I haven't found one that was close to me. I guess I would have to agree with Kimba about going to a big convention. I wouldn't mind going to a small, low key affair that has maybe a dozen or two attendies but probably would avoid an ABDL specific convention if there was one. I have thought of going to one of the furry conventions, though. Sounds like they could be some fun too, even though I'm not a furry myself.

ABDL gatherings do happen. ABDLs hold munches in some cities. These are so named because they're public events held at restaurants (generally). Like-minded individuals get together, eat, chat, and have a good time. Generally, open diapers/fetish gear/odd behavior are frowned upon by those that attend and organize these events. Munches are meant to be a group of normal but like-minded people meeting each other and all that. Sometimes there might be private parties afterward, but those are their own thing with their own rules.

There are also larger events. One that I've been to a couple of times and for which I continue to get invites has had over 100 attendees in the past. These sorts of fests, in my experience, are at a private venue (e.g. several cabins separate from everything else and rented exclusively for the event or a lodge entirely rented for the event) and are pretty open. There might be open diapers and gear, opportunities to meet people and perhaps even play a bit, outings for hiking or seeing local attractions, games, and all sorts of activities, again all with like-minded people. The events I've been to have been amazing, and I made friends with whom I still keep in touch and visit when possible. The trick to these sorts of events, though, is that they're typically invite-only, or at the very least you have to get someone known to the organizers to vouch for you. I had some friends online that vouched for me the first time, and now I get invited.

Of course, there are straight-up fetish events like IML and Folsom, where one in diapers fits right in with the crowd. I've done IML a few times now, including one fun night in a diaper and leather straitjacket being lead around by a leash, and like I say, diapers fit right into the fetish scene.

And besides those, there are sometimes private parties and things. Obviously those are by invitation, and the more "public" ones are typically posted on some of the other sites where the membership is much more open and comfortable with being ABDL.

I wish there was more events that were open for everyone. Personally I considered starting a camp were abdls can come one week a year and enjoy, obviously it would be private and secluded (don't want strangers)

I'd love to go to an event or camp, it would be so much fun!

Yeah, when I mean event I meant something private. Something like a private get together. For example: lunch at a restaurant. Or a "business" meeting where a group of ABDL's discuss. Or maybe even go camping at a campground. Just throwing ideas out there.

I used to attend ABDL munchies and events all the time before last couple years of college and work took all my free time.

I have decided to attend CAPcon in 2014, and start hosting events in Minnesota for the ABDL community...if I can find the time.

I would just wear an AB Universe Cushie under my magical girl sailor skirt and claim it's part of the characters costume!
    But I believe in time we will gather talented people together and create some kind of national AB/DL pride convention? I know we have these "Munches" but were still not allowing ourselves the freedom we deserve!
    Has anyone here seen the UK Documentory 15 Stone Babies? This older couple does this event in Flordia where many AB's come together and its at this hotel and the couple take care of all the babies! It's like this big slumber party thing~ We should do more things like that ya know? and this would be a good site to get people organized to set this up somewhere, i don know. We could put together a donation pool for the ones who are coming... C'mon its a FREE country right? I'm not ashamed. What do you guys think? You with me?
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 30-Aug-2013 at 20:58. Reason: removing purple color: purple is for moderator use

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCuteBomb View Post
    I would just wear an AB Universe Cushie under my magical girl sailor skirt and claim it's part of the characters costume! But I believe in time we will gather talented people together and create some kind of national AB/DL pride convention? I know we have these "Munches" but were still not allowing ourselves the freedom we deserve!
    Has anyone here seen the UK Documentory 15 Stone Babies? This older couple does this event in Flordia where many AB's come together and its at this hotel and the couple take care of all the babies! It's like this big slumber party thing~ We should do more things like that ya know? and this would be a good site to get people organized to set this up somewhere, i don know. We could put together a donation pool for the ones who are coming... C'mon its a FREE country right? I'm not ashamed. What do you guys think? You with me?
    I won't say that it couldn't ever happen but I'm not sure I'd be inclined to participate if it did. I think you're mixing two different events in the 15 Stone Babies documentary. The British couple trying out their caregiving in Florida didn't generate enough interest to make it an annual event. There was an AB party but that was with the couple in Colorado at their house/apartment. Events like this, while not exactly common can be found by those who are interested and willing to travel to the right places.

Even putting aside the obvious difficulties with publicity for any kind of public venue, I'm not sure we have a broad enough subculture to support something more involved like a convention. For me, at least, it's enough to have friends to talk to online, to hang around with now and again, and to act as an encouragement to travel or host when appropriate. Maybe my needs are small but they're so much more than I ever expected to get.