Thread: The Wii U gets a price cut and more!

Quote Originally Posted by MokatheGroundhog View Post
    I might actually buy one then.

It still doesn't address the lack of games from those other than Nintendo's aging franchises. So the WiiU is still in the situation where I won't buy it because it doesn't have enough games to interest me and no immediate prospects of that changing, like the Vita, and until a couple of months ago, the 3DS. Maybe it'll change, but after the lack of core games on the Wii compared to the 360/PS3, I'm waiting for that to happen before I even consider buying one. It could be 50 and that would still be my opinion.

I built a gaming computer capable of playing current games on ultra with some graphics mods thrown in for ~$500, I'm not paying $300 for a system short on games. I'd rate it's value at ~$100, anything more than that and I wouldn't even consider it ($150-$200 possible if they get more titles.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthon View Post
    I built a gaming computer capable of playing current games on ultra with some graphics mods thrown in for ~$500, I'm not paying $300 for a system short on games. I'd rate it's value at ~$100, anything more than that and I wouldn't even consider it ($150-$200 possible if they get more titles.)
    I assume your talking about 500 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I assume your talking about 500 euros.
    No, I did a contract job for one of Radeon's dealers and got a nice discount

(I set up a new callserver and integrated wifi IP phones to display location and status to a server reachable by the managers and some electronic displays.)

When you said "Zelda Bundle" you got me confused and excited. I forgot WW was getting a port.

Oh well. I want a Wii U so maybe I'll get one now. I wanted to play my Wii to full capacity but I think it'd be best if I put those games, and the rest of my collection, on hold and spend time with the new gen. I don't like being stuck 6+ years behind everyone else.

So far the only purpose I have for getting the Wii U is for when the new smash bros come out and that's still way ahead from now. Maybe if they did a remake of LoZ MM then I might reconsider. That game had so much more potential for a remake than LoZ WW which makes me mad. So far Nintendo is coming off more disappointing than pleasing to me.

The Wii U could become a killer system, but it seems a bit too gimmicky and not quite as developer friendly - and as far as I can tell, there's no killer app that makes people say "I need to get that system right now". To be fair, I don't see this killer app on the other new gen consoles yet either - the big ticket item right now, and likely for the next little while, is going to be released on the PS3 and Xbox360, and that's GTA5. It's such a killer app that even curmudgeonly old me is considering not waiting for the inevitable PC release in a year, and picking up a PS3 after 7 years, so I can finally see what all the nonsense was about.

The upcoming 'killer apps' on the Wii U appear to be rehashes of the same successful games originally seen in the late 90's, with marginally better graphics. I doubt the fidelity of the new Donkey Kong Country or Mario Kart entries will be that much more amazing than the Wii, and similarly the Wii's version wasn't that much more impressive than the Gamecube predecessor. I know graphics aren't everything, and I'll be happy to play these games on new systems for years to come, but they're trying to justify their customers adopting a new platform, why try to drive console sales with the same, virtually unchanged games played in the previous generation?

I'm still going to pass. I like wind waker but it is hardly worth buying a whole seperate system for. I have been just amazed at how poorly Nintendo has done this time around.