Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman vs. Superman

Default Batman vs. Superman

any opinions on the new batman movie with ben afflec in it?

I'm willing to give it a shot. He didn't have a chance with Daredevil, the script was beyond his salvaging and the cast was filled with actors whose talents in any given piece match the other actors and script value (including himself.) With the potential cast and script for this he should be much better (really hoping the rumors about Cranston are true, IMO his emotional range is just amazing, and together with Cavill should give him ample to feed off of.)

that would be cool if bryan cranston would be in that movie

To be honest, I think Bale can't really be topped for the portrayal of the batman characters...
    And I believe Ben Afleck is a truly shitty choice.

However what has a true potential to save the movie is the choice of actor for Lex Luthor: Bryan Cranston... brilliant actor imho.

Well we will have to see what comes of it.

It's a strange choice to go with Affleck. I guess their thinking he's got more acting credibility after Argo although he was snubbed at the Oscars. Still, it's a huge risk considering the recent success of the Dark Knight trilogy. I hope we don't wind up with a similar disaster such as when George Clooney played Batman in the film that killed the franchise.

ON THE OTHER HAND, people were also furious when Michael Keaton was announced to play Batman in the 1989 movie and he turned out to be pretty good. Maybe Affleck will surprise us in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    It's a strange choice to go with Affleck. I guess their thinking he's got more acting credibility after Argo although he was snubbed at the Oscars. Still, it's a huge risk considering the recent success of the Dark Knight trilogy. I hope we don't wind up with a similar disaster such as when George Clooney played Batman in the film that killed the franchise.
    I do believe that Affleck is a similar bad choice (like clooney) and will indeed basically "kill" the character...

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    ON THE OTHER HAND, people were also furious when Michael Keaton was announced to play Batman in the 1989 movie and he turned out to be pretty good. Maybe Affleck will surprise us in the same way.
    Argo? Well there were worse movies - that much is certain, but I didn't think that Affleck did any good in that movie. I mean there would have been at least 20 different better cast options.
    I'm not saying Affleck is terrible or anyhting like it... he has his qualities and virtues I'm sure... but he certainly isn't action-hero / super-hero film-material.

Also I have to say, comic wise my favorites by far are the four done by frank miller....
    And with the early movies - I did not entirely appreciate what keaton did to the role. Whilst not bad - it wasn't how I had imagined batman in the movies.

For me the basically first time batman really worked in terms of a movie was with the last trilogy (batman begins, the dark night, dark night rises) - I guess largely due to the fact that I believe bale to have been a perfect choice for the role (both for Wayne and Batman - this is, imho the problem... whilst many before have worked well enough in the role of Bruce Wayne - but they "failed" in my opinion portraying the batman character.)

so unless affleck signs a pact with some dark movie-demon... I don't really see any way the outcome could surprise me - positively

I just think not having christian bale in that movie destroys it.

I couldn't /can't stand Christian Bale. So, choosing someone else, anyone else, is a good move, imo. That said, I'm not a big fan of Ben Affleck's. So, who knows? I'll watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by keepitontheDL View Post
    I just think not having christian bale in that movie destroys it.
    I don't agree. I actually think Bale was one of the weaker point of the Nolan Batman movies.

I'm not super exited about the prospect of Batman versus Superman. I just don't think they are characters that mesh all that well together.

My opinion at the moment is irrelevant because I know for a fact I'll be dying to watch it when it comes out. It can't be as bad as Batman & Robin.

Personally I'm more interested in Justice League though. Wonder Woman as well, but that one isn't even in production and it's not gonna be for a long time.