Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Survival Question

Default Zombie Survival Question

Watching a Let's Play video, in which the gamer is playing The Walking Dead. This scenario came up, and I wanted to know which chose people on ADISC would choose.

If you and fellow survivors were starving and had stumbled upon an abandoned truck full of food and supplies. Would you take the food and supplies OR would you not take them in case the people of the truck came back?

Because if you did take their supplies in a zombie apocalypse, they would most likely die.

Just a question. What would you do?

I would like to think I'd be reasonable and take half the supplies but its a zombie apocalypse, so survival of my group would take precedent.

I'd take it... Take as much as I could... Survival of the fittest would be the way in a zombie scenario....

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryRaven View Post
    Watching a Let's Play video, in which the gamer is playing The Walking Dead. This scenario came up, and I wanted to know which chose people on ADISC would choose.

If you and fellow survivors were starving and had stumbled upon an abandoned truck full of food and supplies. Would you take the food and supplies OR would you not take them in case the people of the truck came back?

Because if you did take their supplies in a zombie apocalypse, they would most likely die.

Just a question. What would you do?
    There are no rules anymore, so I'd take them. It's every person for themselves pretty much.

Hell yeah I'd take the food. If shit hit the fan like that it would be survival of the fittest. My group and I are starving. I doubt there would be any second thoughts. If anyone did have second thoughts I'd be telling them right away; "That kinda thinking is going to get your sorry ass killed."

I took the food in the game. But like someone else said, I would take half.

Abandoned is the key word in your scenario. Abandoned stuff is fair game. As zombie apocalypse ethical teasers go, this one is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

As some have mentioned, if it was the end of the world I would take the food. There are no more rules to follow, only the rules you create for yourself.

Take the lot, even the truck if possible.

The chances are that if the food is there that the group are all ready dead. I would try get the truck running if it couldnt be done then it would depend on the situation. If i were part of a scouting group for the main group i would stay with the food and send one person of the team back to base to get people to come and help get the food back. If we were a big group looking for a place to stay safe, i would take as much as we could mark the location on a map so we could go back to it once we have settled somewhere. Or if i was on my own i would booby trap the truck, find somewhere safe nearby then work on hiding the supplies and living near by.

I think a good question would be what would you do if once you found the truck and the group who owned it returned.

What i would do is try and merge groups, if that failed take the supplies by any means necessary