Thread: Goodnites or store brand?

Default Goodnites or store brand?

Soooo... Basically, I want to know if I should use store brand over goodnites:
    I mean, everyone says goodnites aren't good, but is a store brand better?

Same thing goodnites have prints on them store brand doesn't if you look at store brand they have the exactly the same tag that says back on the rear and if u examine the construction they are the same hit me up and I'll send pictures to prove it

Need more input; do you mean store brand equivalent of Goodnites or the frilly maxi-pad adult size pullups?
    If the former; they are closer to the original versions of Goodnites before they decided to 'improve' them by decreasing size

I didn't mean the model, I meant the quality. Absorbency, etc. And, since we're here, can you tell me about pullup style and normal diaper style in storebrand, compared to goodnites? (as for quality)

- - - Updated - - -

Repaidiob, I can't pm you yet, I'm too new, but I added you either way

Generally -- and this goes for ALL consumer products -- there's something better about the brand name than the generic version.

The generic version of Goodnites are not worth it at all in my opinion, I picked up 12 packages for a whooping $3 from Frys food stores in my area and they are terrible products, they have very little absorbency. The only thing they have going for them is that I still know they're diapers and they can sorta be fun but I don't recommend attempting to wet one of these.

Store-brad or generic-brand Goodnites - or any product, really - are usually worse than the standard brand. That's why they're cheaper, after all. I've used the generic brand of Goodnites here in Canada, so I can provide some comparison.

At most supermarkets, the generic Goodnites are called SleepOvers. They're a tighter fit than Goodnites, as the sides aren't as stretchy. The absorbency is far worse, too. A Goodnite can hold a fairly large wetting if you take your time, but a SleepOver can only take a light wetting. The one upside is that while Goodnites puts a lot into making sure their products don't look like diapers, the generic brands don't do the same. They look like diapers, honestly, except that they're pull-ups. But overall, a far worse product.

I imagine your local generic brand will be similar to this, so I hope my comparison is helpful. The general rule applies: you get what you pay for.

Well, where I live, the brand is named after the supermarket, so let's say it's called sweet x, the diapers are called sweet x's diaper brand. And I don't know about diapers, but this particular supermarket is known for having a very good brand of it's own (you know, from sweet x ham to sweet x milk) And they sell regular diapers and pull up style diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Store-brad or generic-brand Goodnites - or any product, really - are usually worse than the standard brand. That's why they're cheaper, after all. I've used the generic brand of Goodnites here in Canada, so I can provide some comparison.

At most supermarkets, the generic Goodnites are called SleepOvers. They're a tighter fit than Goodnites, as the sides aren't as stretchy. The absorbency is far worse, too. A Goodnite can hold a fairly large wetting if you take your time, but a SleepOver can only take a light wetting. The one upside is that while Goodnites puts a lot into making sure their products don't look like diapers, the generic brands don't do the same. They look like diapers, honestly, except that they're pull-ups. But overall, a far worse product.

I imagine your local generic brand will be similar to this, so I hope my comparison is helpful. The general rule applies: you get what you pay for.
    Hasn't been the case in my experience; at least with the last batch of girls' Goodnites (the zebra print version) - the fit was the same with a more distinctive bit of padding in the middle. I did learn that Curity Sleep Pants are more like you describe - they are stretchy to a point before some sort of reinforcement takes over but they split before you can get them past the hip. If you have CVS drugstores the Sleep Comforts are identical to what I've been getting at the grocery store and having success with, if you haven't tried them yet