Thread: How anthro do you prefer your characters?

Lightbulb How anthro do you prefer your characters?

When it comes to furry character what level of anthropomorphism do you enjoy most?

I lean deeply toward feral myself. I don't mind anthro ones of course but I still prefer feral ones. The more feral, the better. When it comes to anthro characters I prefer ones that aren't very human-like.

I always hated when people gave animals breasts, especially non-mammals. "Hair" is also something that I'm not fond of but it's only a real concern when it looks out of place; like Sally's pre-redesign from Sonic or basically any fursona with scene hair. I don't like when longer hair is drawn but short hair is just fur.

In behavior I prefer them not being 100% human. "Furry reminders" are always fun. Clothes are fine but when animals start having a nudity taboo it gets a bit awkward for me.

Basically I'm into The Secret of NIMH style mice when it comes to anthro, rather than Arthur style animals.
    Last edited by DrewberryBlue; 26-Aug-2013 at 19:39.

I tend to lean a bit towards the feral side, but I'm keeping the awesome leopard mullet.

Anything that doesn't belong to the animal like human breasts, human hands, stuff like that. But I'm okay with stuff like human clothes and hair.

I tend to lean more anthro, 2 legs, breasts on mammalian females, human style hands (flexible on number of fingers, but prefer closer to the number matching the number of "toes" on the forepaws).

Depends on if my character is supposed to be realistic or toony. I lean towards Anthros that stand upright, but as for anything else it all comes down to the personality of my character.

I do like the bipedal, mostly human anthros. I like the standing, the clothes, the paw hands and that is it. I don't like anthro/human hair. Never looked natural or right to me.

For me, it really depends on the character. I don't really have a "level of anthro-ness" when it comes to characters. If I like them, I like them. For my own Fursona - that's a different story. (Can't move very well when not in a fursuit, so I have to believe that in my circumstances - a full suit would hinder the process even more. )

Some of my favorites and what they are from:
    -Felicia (Darkstalkers)
    -Morgan (Darkstalkers)
    -Aisha Clan-Clan (Outlaw Star)
    -The Baron (The Cat Returns)
    -Muta (The Cat Returns)
    -Merle (Escaflowne)
    -Basically the ENTIRE show of Swat Kats (cause...Swat Kats...its a world of anthro cat-people, with a few other things thrown in (Metalikats, Dr. Viper, Dark Kat, The Pastmaster)'s awesome)
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    -Entire show of Sonic The Hedgehog (The good one, from 1992)
    -Warrant Officer Schrodinger (Hellsing Ultimate)
    -Liza Wildman (Princess Ressurection)
    -Yoko (Tactics)
    -Sherlock Hound (Entire Show)
    -The Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under
    -The Great Mouse Detective (Entire film)
    -REDWALL (Books and the TV Show, OMG )

...I need to stop. I'm stopping now! This list could go on and on...