Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic: the Gathering

Default Magic: the Gathering

I was wondering if anyone played Magic: the Gathering here on ADISC and found a few threads last touched quite a while ago. I started around Lorwyn, stopped playing in Eventide because I didn't have any friends to duel, and then recently started again last year. Return to Ravnica was the next big thing, and I found a cozy little hidey-hole in the ranks of House Dimir come Gatecrash.
    If you do play, what colors do you use/when did you start playing?
    I'm always down for talking strategy now that M14 is out and Theros is on the way. I'm just sad all my Innistrad stuff is going to be obsolete.

I can't wait for Theros!

I started playing around Kamigawa, and I've been playing ever since. Right now I have a standard America deck, the majority of which is about to rotate out... Right now I'm thinking of making a junk lifegain deck for post rotation ( depending on how the rest of Theros looks).

My favorite formats are standard, limited, and casual, and I plan on getting around to making an EDH deck at some point... >_>

Sorry for the crappy spelling and grammar by the way, I'm typing this on my phone.

I play a good bit. I started around 8th edition, and quit for awhile shortly after the original Ravnica block came out. My first deck was, as you would expect, awful. It used all five colors, and focused around giving a Serra Angel (3WW 4/4 Flying and Vigilance) Blanchwood Armor (2G Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each forest you control), both of which I had only one of.

Lately I've been running two main decks:

A goblins themed RDW with Krenko, Mob Boss (Legendary 2RR 3/3 which gives you a 1/1 goblin token for every goblin you control), Goblin Chieftains (1RR 2/2 which gives all goblins +1/+1 and haste), and Hellriders (2RR 3/3 with haste that deals 1 damage to the defending player for each attacking creature)

and a BR Innistrad Vampires with Stromkirk Captains (1RB 2/2 which gives all vampires first strike and +1/+1), Stromkirk Nobles and Heirs (R 1/1 and 2RR 2/2 Intimidate, respectively. They get +1/+1 when they deal combat damage to players.) and Olivia Voldaren (2BR 3/3 flying which for 1R will deal 1 damage to a creature and turn it into a vampire, and for 3BB will take over target vampire).
    I also have a UR Land Destruction and a straight Blue mill deck, but I don't like to talk about those

If you need help with mill decks, I can offer some helpful tips. It basically involves a Jace, Memory Adept (3BB, +1 draw a card, 0 mill ten, -8 pick up twenty) four Tome Scours (B, mill five), a Traumatize (3BB, mill half the deck), peanut butter (because I'm hungry), and duct tape. Pair it with some black creatures for defense and some Cipher spells from Gatecrash.
    I run most colors, but my two recently constructed ones are a pure white angel theme and Slivers. Though that's a rainbow, so it might have some issues...

I gave up about the time Alara came out. I had a Liege deck I loved. I always had an affinity for green agro/token decks. Maybe I will get back into it, the online version anyway, someday. Some of the online players can be outright nasty and show no class to you when you beat them. Maybe they need their diapers changed, lol.

skyfoxpup

Started Christmas return to ranvica mountain and island a couple forests thrown in for good measure.

Yeah, a lot of cool stuff I have accumulated is going to be phased out, like my Angelic Overseer. NP, I know typing on a phone can be rough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    I gave up about the time Alara came out. I had a Liege deck I loved. I always had an affinity for green agro/token decks. Maybe I will get back into it, the online version anyway, someday. Some of the online players can be outright nasty and show no class to you when you beat them. Maybe they need their diapers changed, lol.
    Yeah, that sounds like online players. I don't play it that much, for the same reason I don't play the Duel of the Planeswalkers- it just feels better to have the cards in your hand.

I currently play with some irl friends. I can link a few of my decks if you're interested in seeing em'. A friend and I just went halfers on a booster box, fat pack and 5 intro decks for Dragon's Maze. And I am very excited for Theros, a keyword mechanic from an older set is returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendorox! View Post
    I currently play with some irl friends. I can link a few of my decks if you're interested in seeing em'. A friend and I just went halfers on a booster box, fat pack and 5 intro decks for Dragon's Maze. And I am very excited for Theros, a keyword mechanic from an older set is returning.
    I'm down, what intro decks?

Quote Originally Posted by LefthandedWriter View Post
    I'm down, what intro decks?
    I went with the Simic one and the Orzhov one. The simic one hasn't been altered but I dissambled the Extort one and built it to my own liking.

Orzhova's Gift < Extort Deck