Thread: Craigslist Posting...Fishy or no?

Default Craigslist Posting...Fishy or no?

Occasionally I will go on Craigslist to scroll through the "Casual Encounters" section. While I have no interest in one night stands with complete strangers as I will be keeping myself sexually pure, I just like to go through for entertainment in guessing who is real and who isn't. Well I was surprised today to find a posting calling for "Adult Babies for me to care for."

So the poster is asking to care for (non-sexually...she made it clear) Adult babies. This is actually in my small town. My first thought is this is awesome. I could just go get my first pack of diapers and my favorite binky and go have a good time regressing with a random stranger. But then I thought back to how Craigslist is FULL of scammers and fakes, to the point I'm actually scared to post anything anymore (I'm in the middle of trying to get myself out of another scam, completely non-ABDL related).

So my question is...fishy or not? Though I already decided I will NOT take part in this activity even though I would like to, should this person be trusted?

Craigslist is like the world itself - full of good and bad people. Personally, I would not trust this person, but I'm very suspicious in general. Of course, if he/she is a scammer, it makes you wonder why he/she would target such a small minority. My best guess is because a lot of us are desperate for caretakers and thus more susceptible.

Would have to check on the person first be for doing any thing. Some are real and a lot of them are fake scam artist.

I've had mostly good encounters from CL, whether it's buying or selling things or meeting people. Most of the times, the flakes don't show up. If you decide you want to take a chance, remember- if they ask you for money, stop. If they give you an unpleasant vibe at all, stop. Meet them in a neutral, public location first before you decide to go somewhere private with them, and don't offer up your home as a place to engage until you have grown to know and trust them. Craigslist can be a good way to meet others and network but it's also full of flakes, fakes, and scam artists. You will never see a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, but hey, Luke met Han in Mos Eisley, so... you can find a diamond in the rough too.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    I've had mostly good encounters from CL, whether it's buying or selling things or meeting people. Most of the times, the flakes don't show up. If you decide you want to take a chance, remember- if they ask you for money, stop. If they give you an unpleasant vibe at all, stop. Meet them in a neutral, public location first before you decide to go somewhere private with them, and don't offer up your home as a place to engage until you have grown to know and trust them. Craigslist can be a good way to meet others and network but it's also full of flakes, fakes, and scam artists. You will never see a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, but hey, Luke met Han in Mos Eisley, so... you can find a diamond in the rough too.
    I think this is good advice. In fact, I'd take it even further and say don't go anywhere private the first time you meet them. Go for coffee in a public place. Get to know them first, before you go anywhere private or put yourself in a compromising position. There are good people on CL, from what I've heard, but there are predators too. I'd also suggest telling someone where you're going to be (but not why, obviously), in case things get scary.

I'll admit, it seems a little odd that they're just fishing generally for adult babies. Perhaps this is a normal thing on CL, I dont know because I've actually never used it. But it seems a bit indiscriminate. So if you want to try meeting this person, please be really careful. Your safety is the most important thing! Keep it public, and dont rush into private or compromising situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I'll admit, it seems a little odd that they're just fishing generally for adult babies. Perhaps this is a normal thing on CL, I dont know because I've actually never used it. But it seems a bit indiscriminate. So if you want to try meeting this person, please be really careful. Your safety is the most important thing! Keep it public, and dont rush into private or compromising situations.
    What I've noticed with CL is that there are few ads up because oftentimes, they get flagged by others simply because they think it's too weird to be on there. Nothing makes me angrier about CL than the flag patrol who can't be confronted since it's completely anonymous.

But definitely, the OP should keep their safety first in mind.

I would leave your cards, checks, valuables, and cash at home. Little cash may be fine so that way you didn't lose much if they took it.

Seen good and bad stuff come off Craigslist. My dad once sold some car parts, and that went well. But, just in case, he took me along, and he had grabbed a wrench and told me to use it if something went wrong. Thankfully, nothing did.
    So, try to verify their statements first, leave any valuables at home, and bring someone along, if you can.