Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busted

Default Busted

Alright you guys caught me, I've been a lurker for a little while..however I can explain.

I found this site a while back while searching for more DL usage comments/reviews. After some digging I did get what I wanted to know, however I started to read more and more on the forums (reason for that soon) until one night I fell asleep while reading and the next day awoke and attempted to log back on and found that I was branded as a lurker (i guess the logged in for X amount of hours straight did it). My greatest apologizes, however in hindsight it was deserved because i actually was lurking.

What made me read more and more into the forums was well honestly my girlfriend for almost a year (was one week away from it to be exact) broke up with me. When she brought it all down on me I was broken. There was a lot more drama into it, but basically she dropped the bomb, and told me she was meeting this co-worker that she thought was pretty cool/nice/(whatever else you want to call it) at the park. Of course I was shattered and she left me in the parking lot just standing there...and shortly after sitting. She knew everything about me, including my DL-ism so it hurt all the more.

I started coming on here more often and reading, it helped me cope by a good amount. She was the only person I ever talked to about it, and she understood it and heck she even became a part of it (as a partner par-taker). And finding a place of people that openly talked about it, and reading the conversations eased my mind. And of course made me over all feel more confident about the whole thing (I've been a DL for about 6 years now, but I've been keeping it totally to myself except for a very select group of people, and none online).

That's my present life, again my apologizes for lurking for so long. If nothing else, maybe some of you can sympathize...I really wasn't feeling the urge to reach out to anyone for quite a while (and quite frankly I am somewhat nervous to even do this ).

clevermoose02

Awwww im sorry for you I hope you feel better soon. Well, welcome to the community, and dont feel nervous, we share the same feelings as you. And I dont know what i would do if my boyfriend broke up with me, we have been going out for a year and he doesnt know about me being a DL, so it had to have been worse for you. Hope you feel alright

Oh, well, I, for one, am glad you posted
    You should post more often, silly. It's nice to hear from other people, right? Well, others might like to hear from you, so...
    I'm sorry if that didn't make sense. ^__^'
    But anyways, Welcome to the Posting of ADISC, and I hope you move up from being a lurker
    Oh, and I'm sorry to hear about the girlfriend thing, and I hope that gets better soon, as well n_n

I couldn't stand not telling her...I was stupid and gave a little bit too much of myself into the relation and in the end she didn't respect all the things I did for her. And as I look back to it, a lot of the relationship had a double standard, but I learned a lot from it so if nothing else, that was something to get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by deidara_desu View Post
    Oh, well, I, for one, am glad you posted
    You should post more often, silly. It's nice to hear from other people, right? Well, others might like to hear from you, so...
    I'm sorry if that didn't make sense. ^__^'
    But anyways, Welcome to the Posting of ADISC, and I hope you move up from being a lurker
    Oh, and I'm sorry to hear about the girlfriend thing, and I hope that gets better soon, as well n_n
    Sorry for the double post..i hit post then realized I wanted to change it. hit esc and now discovered that it posted the first one..and there isn't a delete post button .

It will be a long time before it does...I can barely stand to be in the same room as her...and we have one last course together before she graduates . I will never understand how she was never bothered by what she did...it never irked her and she has never shown remorse for her actions. Some people will just not make logical sense I guess.

I have a feeling that by the time I can even look at her without anguish, it will be a point in time that we (hopefully) will never meet again.

And yes, I hope I get moved up also...I really would like to be able to read all of the board again, and this time to post as well.
    Last edited by Peachy; 13-Dec-2008 at 23:52. Reason: merging double post

Quote Originally Posted by Crimin View Post
    Sorry for the double post..i hit post then realized I wanted to change it. hit esc and now discovered that it posted the first one..and there isn't a delete post button .
    And yes, I hope I get moved up also...I really would like to be able to read all of the board again, and this time to post as well.
    You should be able to delete them through editing it (don't know if lurker can do it, but you might be able to change it when you move up to newbie)

You should be moved up within the hour, I believe

yeah I'm not seeing even edit as an option . I have a feeling this may become the longest hour

Well if you don't see one to the left of the Quote button, then you are going to have to wait...But if you can't edit them, then a mod will probably come around and merge them for you

Yeah..just see quote and mutli-quote.

oh, I suppose I should mention a few other things about myself aside from this drama...

Interest : Technology (basically computers. I build em, upgrade em, and repair/troubleshoot them)

Favorite TV show to just chill to : Star Trek. I'll watch any of the episodes except some of DS9's (I felt it started coming into a lot of soap opera concepts in that season, with it being a stationary crew. Although some of the Dominion War episodes were pretty...explosive

Video Games : I'm a pretty big PC Gamer..no I haven't bought Crysis yet (been buying some other things ) I've been playing WoW for about 4 years now on and off but I've got a good number of characters. I'm egerly awaiting Star Trek Online

alright, no longer a lurker. Thanks for whoever bumped by account up!
    Last edited by Peachy; 13-Dec-2008 at 23:53. Reason: merging double post...again

Quote Originally Posted by Crimin View Post
    alright, no longer a lurker. Thanks for whoever bumped by account up!
    That would be Moo's cron job Your status is changed automatically by the script. You were a lurker because you hadn't posted in a certain amount of time.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I too am glad you decided to post.

Cool, that is rather enlightening

fail to me..just realized i wrote "by" and not "my"..guess I got a little too giddy