Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hip Pain?

Default Hip Pain?

Anyone ever get really bad hip pains after sleeping on their side in diapers?

I get this quite a bit now and sometimes it makes an awful popping noise when I wake up and roll over onto my back.

I sleep in a Dependeco diaper with a stuffer every night and have never had any joint problems in my hips. Sometimes those kind of problems can be caused by too soft a mattress.
    I know people have put a piece of plywood between the mattress and box spring to stiffen it up. I don't think the thickness of your diaper should have any effect on sleeping on your
    side. Most of your diaper thickness will be from front to back and not on the sides.

I'm not a doctor and I have no medical training but I am aware of what its like to be Hypermobile. so really the only thing I can suggest is to get yourself checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium View Post
    I'm not a doctor and I have no medical training but I am aware of what its like to be Hypermobile. so really the only thing I can suggest is to get yourself checked out.
    Omg that might explains why my knees hurt so much some times. Like me knees will lock up on me and I have to pop them back into place. It hurts extremely badly. I can also put both of my legs behind my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium View Post
    Perhaps that's why me knees bend backwards. But they never lock up.

I didn't want to scare anyone with a description of the problems I've had so I'm glad you have both seen the wiki page first.

The good thing that you need to know is there are many reasons why Hypermobility happens and being aware is the first great step to learning to look after yourself but I'd still suggest getting a proper diagnosis as there are some complications if you happen to have Ehlers Danlos syndrome like me.

try putting a cushion between your legs, at the knees and below, to prevent the levering action upon your hip-joints.
    (they actually do make cushions for this reason and purpose )

I had to look back at your age.

When you get a lot older, lots of stuff hurts when you hit the floor in the morning. Seems like every day there's a new body part complaining.

I pretty much ignore all of it unless it still hurts after I've been up and moving around for an hour or so.

Do you get the pains whilst sleeping in other clothes ?

Quote Originally Posted by mattywilson View Post
    Do you get the pains whilst sleeping in other clothes ?
    To answer that I would have to remember the last time I slept in other clothes.