Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another bowel incontinent question

Default Another bowel incontinent question

How long does it take for you to mess your diaper?

Can you still push it out?

Does it ever depend on if you're sitting or standing or lying down?

I still have a little control in that department, thank goodness. I can't push it out any more but I can usually hold it in just long enough to get to a toilet. Position matters; I've only ever had "accidents" whilst standing up.

I have been having a problem known as skid marks. It is not that I did wipe well it is a little leakage from my bowels. I wear diapers 24/7 because an a bladder problem but I do use my diapers for going both and I do find it easier standing up.

When I have an "accident" it's usually in the mornings when I'm out and about on my walks. It can happen standing or walking. It's normally a little on the wet side where it
    just runs. Never had one happen if it's a hard one where I would have to push. Those I can control till I can get to a potty. I sometimes can get a skid mark when I fart.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    When I have an "accident" it's usually in the mornings when I'm out and about on my walks. It can happen standing or walking. It's normally a little on the wet side where it
    just runs. Never had one happen if it's a hard one where I would have to push. Those I can control till I can get to a potty. I sometimes can get a skid mark when I fart.

Do you get constipated?

for me I don't feel when I need to pee or poop and both just happen when ever its time. with pee its in any position including when sleeping. with poop of its soft any position and hard, not when sitting down but I have pooped right after standing up and I have had solid BMs in my sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and I can push. I just can stop it once I start peeing or pooping. as far as estimated time of arrival, if its soft 30 seconds or less and solid, 30 seconds to maybe a minute. today I was looking around a library, and started going, by the time I got to the restroom, I was finished. I had to wait inside the restroom for a dad and his maybe 3-4 year old son to get done with the only toilet with In a stall so I could change. not fun.

I am bowel incontinent & I have not had control over my bowels for many many years.

Siting or standing supported by my leg braces & loftstrand crutches, I totally uncontrollably "fill my diaper" with poo-poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Do you get constipated?
    No I don't really get constipated. It's usually my first poop of the morning that is a little more solid. After I eat breakfast and the next time I go it's always a little looser.

Quote Originally Posted by TCWWITHAUTISMANDCP View Post
    I am bowel incontinent & I have not had control over my bowels for many many years.

Siting or standing supported by my leg braces & loftstrand crutches, I totally uncontrollably "fill my diaper" with poo-poo.
    That sounds like me with my bladder IC I could be hanging upside sown from a tree and when it lets loose it just happens. Some thing going on with my bowels lately too getting skid marks when there should be any. Getting them without passing gas.

I had constipation issues for most of my life, and only went 1-2 times a week, so while I had control problems, it was only 1-2 times a week, and only bad when I was having overflow problems. Now, since my bowel totally stops, causing blockages, I must take strong medication to try prevent anything serious. Anyway, I now go about twice a day, with very little control. I dont have the ability to push, and I dont have the usual feeling of needing to go. I just know when I can feel my lower abdomen starting to churn, I have seconds to get to the bathroom.