• Depends maximum protection

6 19.35%
  • Tranquility ATN

25 80.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough choice

Bd123

Default Tough choice

I need to buy some new diapees tomorrow and I need to pick between depends maximum protection and tranquility atn. Which one do yoe guys think I should get. Also I want to order some diapers soon online because I want a really confortable diaper. So if anyone has a recomendation for the most comfortable diaper possible that'd be appreciated, cause these store bought ones arent cutting it.

I like Depends more than most people and faced with a choice between the two, I'd go with those. Tranquility have a higher capacity (although they're both low compared to others, such as Bambinos, Molicares, Abenas in the 3-4 range, or Dry 24/7s) but the tendency for the padding to clump when wet bothers me more. Longer term, I'd suggest samples of the above since there's really no one who can tell you what you will find most comfortable.

Tranquilty ATNs are 3Xs better diaper than depends I would buy the ATNs if I was you. Thats all I wear cause I cant afford Abenas X Plus L-4s

I personally am not a fan of the plastic used in the Depends diapers and thus am directed to go for the ATNs over those any day.

Tranquility ATN fits me much better around the legs. Depend padding is boxy and uncomfortable and the gathers tend to stick and ride up the valley, so to speak. I also prefer the two-tape design of the ATN versus the three-tape featured on the Depend brief. The tapes on the Depend are a bit weaker.

The ATN also distributes the fluid better and wicks it away from the skin more efficiently. Just my .02 but I think the ATN is a far better diaper.

Been using ATN's for two years. Anything is better than Depend for me. But remember this is something you have to decide. How they fit you how much you wet and cost are individual things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bd123 View Post
    I need to buy some new diapees tomorrow and I need to pick between depends maximum protection and tranquility atn. Which one do yoe guys think I should get. Also I want to order some diapers soon online because I want a really confortable diaper. So if anyone has a recomendation for the most comfortable diaper possible that'd be appreciated, cause these store bought ones arent cutting it.
    ATN are going to compete well or win in many categories. Instead of listing the pros, I'm going to try to just list the cons and uncommon features. Anything else, consider them average or superior.

- ATN have a narrower crotch than average
    - they are also very high sap while being medium to medium-large capacity, meaning they're relatively thin when dry, and the lining isn't as soft as a pulp diaper
    - pretty high crinkle factor. you may consider this a plus or a minus. the shell is thin but hard so it doesn't have a very soft feel, and that's what gives it its crinkle
    - costs a tad more than medium grade diapers
    - not as popular an item to stock, you can't get them from as many sources
    - the inside has a peach colored mat that runs down the middle. not really an issue unless you don't want that. but it is fairly unique in that respect. (there are a few diapers with blue surge zones in them, but they're not common and not as visually striking)

I don't care for either Depends or ATN. I think the ATN is a little better than Depends.

I'm wearing an ATN ATM... (see what I did there?) I'm just getting up. I flooded this around 8:30 AM and it held like a champ. I am using one stuffer. Just gave it a second, smaller wetting, still holding. If this were a Depend, my sheets would be soaked right now from the first wetting.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    I'm wearing an ATN ATM... I am using one stuffer.
    Considering the very narrow crotch (and unimpressive leak guards) you must have found a very narrow stuffer?