Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abu?

Default Abu?

I have been considering buying from ABU, but I've heard some rumors that they, or their partners, have some questionable business practices. Is it true that they are somehow connected to something? I just don't want money going anywhere fishy.

They indeed have a long history of extremely sketchy business practices, the worst offense of which was to market their BMX diaper using a cropped picture of a child model from the extremely problematic site that sold the diaper alongside them under a different name. They've also done things like have Deeker's Diaper Page as a sponsor of the month and sell a certain underwear product that I'll not mention so that people don't need mind bleach after Googling it.

Additionally, multiple ABU representatives have built up an extensive rap sheet on ADISC that involves getting banned for a wide variety of reasons including guerrilla marketing (creating a fake persona pretending to be a satisfied customer), "security reasons", and a sizable number of attempts to evade bans by alt-accounting.
    Last edited by Fruitkitty; 21-Aug-2013 at 23:20.

Thanks FruitKitty, I think that's enough for me to avoid them.

@FruitKitty
    I hate to say this but the mention of mind bleach has sparked my interest. lol dont suppose you could enlighten me to this horrid product?
    as for topic.. I've bought from abu quite a few times and haven't been dissatisfied. those bmx diapers were fishy though...

Quote Originally Posted by d3vian7 View Post
    as for topic.. I've bought from abu quite a few times and haven't been dissatisfied. those bmx diapers were fishy though...
    I don't think anyone is worried about being ripped off so much as they just don't want to give their money to a company that engages in those sorts of things.

Well,

I'll state this...

I have in the pas purchased items from Abu...cushies I think...

Anyow, they will not rip you off...

But, yes in the last several years they have done some ethically irresponsible and down right bad business practices...

I tend to stay away, but that's a personal choice...

I having been a bsness owner many time over...will say that sometimes things go wrong for all the right intentions...

Now, I've never been investigated by the FTC...but , shit does happen...not that itis excusable..

B

In My book - well any company that even remotely support a fuckin' pedo outfit should get put out of business, permanently.

Absolutely zero tolerance for the deek* crap.

Seriously, I don't know why those creepy fuckers still are walking.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    In My book - well any company that even remotely support a fuckin' pedo outfit should get put out of business, permanently.

Absolutely zero tolerance for the deek* crap.

Seriously, I don't know why those creepy fuckers still are walking.
    Well,

You do know some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them...

B

Yay, I wondered when this would come up again... never fails the canned responses between defenders and supporters. This has been done to death - no point in discussing it - just go back and find all the posts in the search engine unless of course they have been deleted as there are those supportive of ABU and from those who actually like their products... otherwise it is ancient history and looks like lessons learned as ABU has done nothing "sketchy" for a long time now
    Last edited by RedPanda; 22-Aug-2013 at 15:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Well,

You do know some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them...

B
    Amen to that.