Thread: how to connect xbox360 to wireless home network.

Wink how to connect xbox360 to wireless home network.

hiya I don't think anyone has posted this topic but if they have sorry.

I'm getting my new wireless internet installed on Tuesday and I was wondering if any knew how I can connet my xbox360 to it to play online.

I would also appreciate if anyone can help out by telling me if need cables or connection things for it ?

thanx

tennismad
    Last edited by tennismad; 20-Aug-2013 at 14:25. Reason: added content

Mine is connected to the home wireless, and I don't remember it being all that difficult. A bit like connecting the Roku for netflix. You do have to set-up an x-box live account and ya have to pay for that. But, once that's done, I remember it being fairy intuitive. Like, there's a place where you'll need to select the wireless account that you wanna plug into and then put in your password (that you'll make when you get your home wireless).
    I'm not all that helpful, huh. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will break it down for you. Just know that if I was able to do it, anyone can. No worries.

If you have a wireless network setup that you are connecting it to - you don't need any cables. All you need to do is input your passcode and SSID like connecting with a computer. If you are connecting it to a LAN - that would be different.

However - you will need an Xbox LIVE account if you don't already have one. I recommend paying the membership for the year (aka Gold). I used to go month-by0month, and its actually cheaper to buy the membership annually.

ok thaks very much for the help paxy and little lulu. the only reason im queried about it is because I have never done it before. to be fair there is nothing I cant do with my laptop. this might sound mean but I do find it funny when people double my age have to ask me to help fix things on there copuer lol.

I am the best when its comes to computers lol. I have even built websites and such with html and microoft fireworks I think it is and I found it really easy too.

sorry if I sound like im bragging I just help saying how good a something. im not very good at many things.

I have also been told I should get between 8 and 14 meg on my lie evn tho its capable of going to 3o meg lol.

best thing about it its unlimited and Im only going to pay like 7 a mouth lol
    Last edited by tennismad; 20-Aug-2013 at 14:53. Reason: added content

Ok, firstly what Model Xbox do you have? The old type needs a Wireless adapter well the new type (slim) has it built in.

Next is what kind of games to you plan on playing with the xbox? FPS and most other games work best if the xbox is hard wired to the router then wireless.

Do you mean 30 or just 3? If you can 30 megs for 7 a month good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by tennismad View Post
    I have also been told I should get between 8 and 14 meg on my lie evn tho its capable of going to 3o meg lol.
    What I think of when someone uses "Meg".