Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic pants brands?

Talking Plastic pants brands?

Hey guys!

I know there are other posts out there regarding this matter however I still want to find out what opinions the community has regarding the matter.

I looked at similar threads and searched a bit and found only a little bit of information on the topic of plastic pants.
    See: This thread

Those suggestions are dated and I want to make sure that I get a fresh take on the subject before I make a purchase. So yes I am looking for recommendations however I am a little picky.

• Milky white or Clear
    • Pullon Styled (No snappie thingies)
    • No designs at all
    • Not rubber (Afraid it will irritate my skin)

I don't really know anything about plastic pants nor is there really a super informative article except for what I found here. I am more interested in a plastic covering than a waterproof cloth cover.

If you want to make specific suggestions based on my size my US jean size is a 34 which is a UK size of... 92/96? According to the tape measure my waist is a 35 but the 34 jeans are loose on me so I might be doing this wrong. Regardless in the past I have worn Abena M4's and they fit me very nicely I never noticed that they were too small on me I've never tried a larger size.

Any suggestions or advise that you guys can give be it size, brand, a specific pant, anything please make a post .

Thanks!

Try nicediaper.com, they supply mine at reasonable prices

Quote Originally Posted by Fenterro View Post
    Hey guys!

I know there are other posts out there regarding this matter however I still want to find out what opinions the community has regarding the matter.

I looked at similar threads and searched a bit and found only a little bit of information on the topic of plastic pants.
    See: This thread

Those suggestions are dated and I want to make sure that I get a fresh take on the subject before I make a purchase. So yes I am looking for recommendations however I am a little picky.

• Milky white or Clear
    • Pullon Styled (No snappie thingies)
    • No designs at all
    • Not rubber (Afraid it will irritate my skin)

I don't really know anything about plastic pants nor is there really a super informative article except for what I found here. I am more interested in a plastic covering than a waterproof cloth cover.

If you want to make specific suggestions based on my size my US jean size is a 34 which is a UK size of... 92/96? According to the tape measure my waist is a 35 but the 34 jeans are loose on me so I might be doing this wrong. Regardless in the past I have worn Abena M4's and they fit me very nicely I never noticed that they were too small on me I've never tried a larger size.

Any suggestions or advise that you guys can give be it size, brand, a specific pant, anything please make a post .

Thanks!
    for

I've bought all of my plastic pants from this site. Fetware Products Superior Incontinence Protection | Buy from Fetware Products, Llc. I've got pants designed for wear over disposables as well as cloth. I've got solid colors as well as prints. Some are more crinkly than others.
    They are hot to wear if your out and about during the day. I recommend studying the size charts as for sizing for the type of diaper your going to be wearing under them. I don't recommend pants with snaps
    for overnight wear as they will leak if your a side sleeper. At the present time I'm wearing PUL diaper covers for overnight use. There a lot cooler plus there breathable.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    for

I've bought all of my plastic pants from this site. Fetware Products Superior Incontinence Protection | Buy from Fetware Products, Llc. I've got pants designed for wear over disposables as well as cloth. I've got solid colors as well as prints. Some are more crinkly than others.
    They are hot to wear if your out and about during the day. I recommend studying the size charts as for sizing for the type of diaper your going to be wearing under them. I don't recommend pants with snaps
    for overnight wear as they will leak if your a side sleeper. At the present time I'm wearing PUL diaper covers for overnight use. There a lot cooler plus there breathable.
    I myself have purchased before from Fetware, Inc. They are located here in New Hampshire.

There are a lot of stores that sell Gary pants. They come in a large variety of flavors. They are manufactured in San Diego and shipped wholesale to distributors. Fetware, Plastic-Pants.com, Adult Cloth Diaper, Baby Pants, Changing Times Diaper Company, are just a few of the online stores that sell Gary pants. The kind I like are the comfort style. They are opaque white with encased plastic on the legs. You can get them with a higher back rise for thicker diapers. Great for nightwear.

Other than Gary pants, the only other brand I can recommend at this time is Babykins. Their lightweight pant is extremely comfortable, however it won't last long (a couple months of regular use).

Check the size charts very carefully. Ideally, you want your size (waist and leg measurements) to be right in the middle of the range. If it's closer to the top of the range, go one size larger. There's nothing worse than buying pants and having them not fit. Along that same note, never buy more than one if you have no experience with that particular brand.

Thank-you guys for the responses thus far. While browsing the fetware site I found a note saying for individuals over 6ft they might prefer the high-rise pants. I am nearly 6'4 so this caught my attention. Are there any of you who have suggestions to make on that matter? I know my disposables come up fairly high and the point is to catch any leaks so I figure might as well right?

Any of the Gary suppliers would be good. They hold up pretty good for the price. The milky white medium would be best, considering your size and what you are looking for. I buy mine from adultclothdiaper in Utah. You can find them online. There is a high back version available that adds two inches to the waist.
    Last edited by utjerry; 20-Aug-2013 at 04:29. Reason: Additional Information

My favorite plastic pant of all time is from Comco (Comco Manufacturing, LLC). Old-school, institutional, thick, durable, reasonably comfortable-but-not-forgettable.

Another great source is Leakmaster pants at (PLASTIC PANTS).
    The Deluxe (Leakmaster Deluxe Heavy Weight Vinyl Pants - AdultClothDiaper.Com) is my fav, like a fancier, more comfortable version of the nice and bulky Comco. They also make a high-back version, which is similar in weight and feel to the Gary pants.

Otherwise, as previously mentioned, both Gary and Babykins (Cloth Diapers, Adult Cloth Diapers, Baby Cloth Diapers - Babykins & Kins Products) have great products.

Awesome! Thanks for all the responses guys, I'm looking through all the product ranges and going to be picking a product soon =).

I agree with Carstoncouche. I was a big fan of the milky white comco ones that were very reminiscent of my childhood. The Leakmaster Heavy Duty is a good replacement for that. I also get mine from All Together Diaper (via Amazon).

I also ordered a pair of their PUL pants as well just to see what the fuss was about. Not too bad either.