Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air-mattress

Default Air-mattress

Anyone know if they make an air-mattress like this in adult sizes? I'm sick of ending up on the ground when I go camping. I always end up rolling off of air-mattresses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0007825731589_180X180.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	18057  

Quote Originally Posted by Paxy View Post
    Anyone know if they make an air-mattress like this in adult sizes? I'm sick of ending up on the ground when I go camping. I always end up rolling off of air-mattresses.
    Duct Tape?

I have tried them before - though not while camping. I fell out. Both while tring to get in and out of it..

Is there a trick to it?

I know people who love hammocking (I think that is a sport of itself) and hammock high in the treetops. Although I wouldn't try it for I would surely fall out. I actually have never been in a hammock before, but I always wanted too. As for Air mattresses, I think a good option would be to sleep in a sleeping bag on the air mattress, because then if you do fall out, you would have at least a little cushion to fall on and not a hard ground, sort of. Or surround yourself in pillows all the way around your body so, to make a sort of crib or even the picture above. I don't think these probably help, but they are suggestions. Best of Luck, Paxy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Duct Tape?
    That would work. LOL But it would also hurt to get out of bed, so I think I'll pass on that - thanks. xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naleas View Post
    I know people who love hammocking (I think that is a sport of itself) and hammock high in the treetops. Although I wouldn't try it for I would surely fall out. I actually have never been in a hammock before, but I always wanted too. As for Air mattresses, I think a good option would be to sleep in a sleeping bag on the air mattress, because then if you do fall out, you would have at least a little cushion to fall on and not a hard ground, sort of. Or surround yourself in pillows all the way around your body so, to make a sort of crib or even the picture above. I don't think these probably help, but they are suggestions. Best of Luck, Paxy!!!

Pillows might work...I'll try it at home so I land on carpet vs tent-covered ground. The air-mattress with bumper sides is sadly only toddler-sized (up to 2ft tall.) If I could find an adult queen sized one I'd buy it in a heartbeat if the price isn't too steep. Thank you.

A bit of a mod would be to fasten inflatable pool rafts to the perimeter of the regular mattress if Google yields no joy. This could end up as the next infomercial if nobody's thought of it yet

pepsicolaisgreat

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Duct Tape?
    lol. I need to try that. If I'm not in my crib, I always roll out of my bed and hit the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxy View Post
    I have tried them before - though not while camping. I fell out. Both while tring to get in and out of it..

Is there a trick to it?
    Camping actually has a special kind of hammock. You're probably accustomed to hammocks like this:

A camping hammock looks like this:

See the black strip down the side? That's where the support is; you actually lie about a foot lower than it. You won't fall out; in fact, it can be really effing hard to get out of them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Camping actually has a special kind of hammock. You're probably accustomed to hammocks like this:

A camping hammock looks like this:

See the black strip down the side? That's where the support is; you actually lie about a foot lower than it. You won't fall out; in fact, it can be really effing hard to get out of them at all.
    Very true - I'll add that they're much more comfortable than sleeping on the ground. You do need to figure out the insulation for under you (i.e. a quilt), as otherwise it can get cold.