Thread: Jobs and diapers in the news

Default Jobs and diapers in the news

Honduran Factory Workers Chose to Wear Diapers on the Job - ABC News

Story is from 4 days ago but just heard on the radio

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of comments on the hondudiario site where the story broke, some equating the working conditions to be slavery and degrading

This happened about four or five years ago here in the states. Women working the cash registers at Walmart wore diapers because they weren't being given bathroom breaks. It made the major television media news services. I have to punch a time card at school because of what is called "The Walmart Law".

I'd like to note that the article makes it were clear they didn't choose to, they were forced.

In any case, if I could afford the amount of diapers and thought that using them would give me a competitive advantage over other employees in my workplace. Then again, the diaper fetish makes that less of an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I'd like to note that the article makes it were clear they didn't choose to, they were forced.
    They weren't forced, but they chose to in the sense that the only alternative was wetting themselves. It's actually a pretty depressing story. Working conditions in most third world countries are pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    They weren't forced, but they chose to in the sense that the only alternative was wetting themselves.
    I would call that being forced. It's like saying that I'm not forced to pay rent because I can always just be homeless.

For all intents and purposes, they're being forced.

Seems like a bit of a far stretch here. Not sure if this is just a dramatization or if they're really saying that these underpaid and overworked employees bought diapers to make working conditions better? I certainly wouldn't do that at my job diaper fetish or not.

Shit like this is why unions are good. Nuff said.

skyfoxpup

That is extremely wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    Shit like this is why unions are good. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwolfpup View Post
    That is extremely wrong
    Any "Western" country tried this there very well could be rioting in the streets but there's a warped side of me that says if I were an evil HR person this could be the perfect opportunity to implement it as 'sensitivity training'

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwolfpup View Post
    That is extremely wrong
    Was that directed at me, because if so your about to get schooled on why you have weekends, ot, sick leave and healthcare and safe working conditions.....