Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical Situation

Question Hypothetical Situation

Let's say you were in an accident of some kind. You wake up days later in the hospital and your doctor has something to explain to you.

The trauma from the accident caused some damage in the lower part of your abdomen. Nothing life threatening, but it has caused you to lose complete control of your bladder.

The good news: There is a new surgery available that combined with exercises can fix the problem. There is a 7 in 10 chance you will be completely cured. There is a 1 in 10 chance that you will be able to retain urine while awake, but will still experience wetting problems when you sleep. This has occured mainly in patients with a history of bedwetting. There is also a 2 in 10 chance that you will experience symptoms of "stress IC" (sneezing, laughing, coughing, jumping, etc. causing you to leak).

The bad news: This surgery has one potentially risky side effect. There is a 3 in 10 chance that you will lose your ability to have children.

What would you do?

I'd get the surgery. It's not all that hard of a dilemma. XD

ill jiz into a cup, then ask how much the procedure is, no sense wasting $20,000 if im gonna be wearing diapers WITH control.

I'd also "jiz into a cup", and take the cure.
    Then if I became infertile and wanted children I'd have the options of adoption or IVF.

It wouldn't be hard decision at all.

Edit: Wooo 200th post!

I would not have any surgery done to me ever. No matter how life threating it is.

It's a big no no from me.

I'd take it without a second thought. Children I haven't thought about yet but I think it'd much rather be cured of IC then have children.

I'm in Canada.

Canada has universal health care.

The surgery would be free.

Wow this is so controversial. I, personally, wouldn't have the surgery because of the risk of not having children. Although, I could freeze a decent amount of my eggs because I have a friend of mine who has two children and she said that she isn't getting "fixed" yet just in case I need a surrogate mother to carry my child until birth. God I'm lucky! But even then I would be so hesitant.

Ah... I was curious if this question would mean more to the gals than the guys.