Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: who here likes linkin park and why ?

Default who here likes linkin park and why ?

apoligies if this is in the wrong place I don't where the music related stuff should go .

ok hi so im a huge fan of linkin park nd yes I know not everyone will like them. im putting this thread in as im curious to know who like them ?

please feel free to say what your favourite linkin park song is and why ?

oh and if you want to give me a top 5 list of your favourite linin park songs as well ok

ill start with my top 5 list ok

1. numb
    2. castle of glass
    3. crawling
    4. what iv done
    5. new divide

tennismad
    Last edited by tennismad; 18-Aug-2013 at 21:04. Reason: addded content

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    This topic is so gross, I'd put it in the mature section too.
    what are you on about ? you don't make any sence. How can music be gross ? Maybe not to your taste but some music you like I might/probably wont like. its a matter of opinion.

Linkin Park is an affront to anyone who has played an instrument. Nothing personal.

Sorry, but seriously? Its an affront to anyone who has played an instrument???? Its gross????

I personally have Linkin Park on my playlist and I play an instrument.
    It may be very processed but it's still as much music as anything Mozart or Wagner composed. Admittedly not on the same par but it is still Music!

We have had it booming from the student union several times when people have requested it, it's always a bit of a laugh when the bass kicks in and rattles the building.

Linkin park is an ok band, sure its not in my top 10 but does not mean others do not love it.
    It fits a profile and it appeals to certain people. If you don't like it then move on to something else, instead of insulting it and other people.

My top 5 would be:

1. Numb.
    2. Burn it down.
    3. Castle of glass.
    4. In the end.
    5. The whole "A Thousand Suns" album.

Yes. It's terrible. It's music for people who don't really like or know good music. That describes 98% of anything on mainstream corporate radio. There's better stuff out there.

Edit: In full disclosure, I am a music snob. LP doesn't even have a song I would rate as a guilty pleasure. If it comes on in my presence, I walk away. I'll not sully my ears with that rubbish.

From an objective standpoint it's generic over-produced pop-rock/nu metal.. but it's good at what it is. They've got a kind of non-offensive generic rock sound that works well in the background.

As to MattiKins, I play an instrument (Guitar, and kinda Alto Sax) and while I wouldn't turn out the lights, lean back in my chair, and put on some LP.. I'll certainly listen to them on the radio while driving into work and not storm out if someone puts them on the office radio or at a party.

As a musician I find them rather droll, and it's funny that radio show host Mark Levin uses them for his bumper music

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    From an objective standpoint it's generic over-produced pop-rock/nu metal.. but it's good at what it is. They've got a kind of non-offensive generic rock sound that works well in the background.
    From my standpoint, it's mindless music for people who don't seriously listen to music. And that's fine, not everyone cares that much. If a song has a good beat and a hook that's all that matters to some folks. I just don't see many people who pick up instruments aspiring to play like LP. As someone who is trying to create something artistic and dynamic with music, seeing generic bands like this sell millions of records makes me lose faith in music as a whole. I wanna grab people who buy that tripe and scream at them, "what's wrong with your ears????" I can't fathom why good people listed to bad music.

As to MattiKins, I play an instrument (Guitar, and kinda Alto Sax) and while I wouldn't turn out the lights, lean back in my chair, and put on some LP.. I'll certainly listen to them on the radio while driving into work and not storm out if someone puts them on the office radio or at a party.
    I wouldn't storm out, I just would leave the room, or if it's on my radio, I'd change the station. You have to understand, I have a hard time ignoring music. Sometimes it's a blessing and I hear things I love, but other times I hear the worst superficial crap that sticks in my head completely uninvited and unwanted. It can be hard to purge such songs from my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    As a musician I find them rather droll, and it's funny that radio show host Mark Levin uses them for his bumper music
    At least Rush Limbaugh uses The Pretenders for his lead-in. Sometimes Slayer for bumper music.

I like Linkin Park's old stuff, but I still dig them. I guess the reason why I love them so much is because I was going through some rough times as a late teenager and they had a dark, evil, emotional and extremely destructive sound that appealed to me at the time. I used to have a fascination of me being a dark angel, evil in appearance but a heart of gold underneath it all; it's complicated lol.