Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I ordered diapers and I'm worried my parents will see the delivery. Help!

Unhappy I ordered diapers and I'm worried my parents will see the delivery. Help!

So as some of you know, I just moved into a new apartment in New Orleans. I moved in last Friday and on Wednesday, ordered a bunch of things I need on Amazon. The timing was so that they'd start to show up on Wednesday. One of these things is a case of Depends (ie, a box with four packs in it). And I think it should arrive tomorrow as yesterday (Saturday) it was checked into a New Orleans facility. There's no shipping today as it's Sunday, and the next step in delivery, typically, is to put it on a truck that'll come to my apartment. In my experience, they leave packages right outside my door.

Here's the problem. Last time I did this the box the diapers were shipped in were clearly marked as Depends- giant corporate logo on all sides. Packages are usually delivered here any time in the afternoon (1-5ish). Which coincides pretty directly with when my parents will be here with a carload of stuff to unload for me. Now my parents don't pry into my life or habits, but that doesn't mean they don't ask questions either. I imagine an "Oh, so what's that?" is likely.

And I have no effing clue what to say. My only thought of what to do is say that the package is from a third party on Amazon, but that would also raise further questions. What is it? Oh that's interesting, why don't you go ahead and open it up? Etc. So I'm not sure if that's the best option.

Anyone have any ideas? Because I'd really like to not get caught now that I don't even live at home anymore.

If the package has a tracking number, perhaps you could call the post office/UPS/FedEx (whoever is delivering it), give them the number, and ask if they could hold it at their facility?

That might be a good idea. The issue is that their facility is nowhere near where I live. If they hold it I'll pay as much for a taxi as I did for the diapers.

You could call and have it delivered the following day. Some times I think we worry to much about what our parents might think. I'm 61 and wonder how to hide things from my mom how I'm staying with. You're 28 living on your own. Not sure what else I can tell you, but enjoy your new home.

If they're not going to open it you can just say you ordered something from ebay. They could send it in any box. Pick something which needs a box that big something your parents don't know you have that you can produce later or something they wont expect to see later. New Clothes? The delivery slip should presumably be discrete enough.

You could tell your folks to come another time. Something came up, can you drop by later, or tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    You could tell your folks to come another time. Something came up, can you drop by later, or tomorrow?
    Nope. Parents are making a 3 day drive from NJ. They're currently finishing Day 2. They also have quite a few things I need to live, like clothing and everything for my kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Nope. Parents are making a 3 day drive from NJ. They're currently finishing Day 2. They also have quite a few things I need to live, like clothing and everything for my kitchen.
    Ah, my bad. Didn't realize they were coming from far away. At best, you could slough it off as a practical joke should they see the box, but the best bet would be as others have said, have them hold the delivery off a day. They should be able to accommodate you.

Just say that its a box full of stuff you can wait to unpack. (DVDs, blankets, etc) we used a load of tena boxes I got from my incontinent great gran's house to store stuff in when I moved out.

I often deal with FedEx dhl ect,, you can call up and say you will be out of town that day thus saving them a trip.