Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What helps maintain your little-ness?

Default What helps maintain your little-ness?

I have days when I'm feeling little and when I'm not. My problem is that when I am having a moment where I'm feeling incredibly little, I have no idea what to do with myself. NickJr helps with shows, as does coloring, but I have a very limited list of things I can think of doing when I'm in that mindset.

So, just to see how other people maintain their little-ness, when they're in that mindset...what do you do when you are little? Does anything in particular you do while you are little become boring quickly?

Basically how to you maintain your mindset of being little without being bored? Or perhaps jumping out of being little because you couldn't think of anything you really wanted to do in that moment...

Quote Originally Posted by littleboy9985 View Post
    I love my pacifier it helps me feel small
    me as well

I also like to play with my k'nex or my mechano

I love going on adventures!!!

If my s/o or a likely friend is around I will grab their hand and drag them with me, out in public where there are things to climb on and touch and play with and laugh at and people to see and smile at and talk to and so many things to learn and explore !!! LIKE THERE IS SO MUCH OUT THERE if youre receptive to noticing it

People don't really give me funny looks, although I think some of them think I'm on drugs, because when I am little (out and about) I am usually REALLY SUPER HAPPY and excited and engaged with everything around me ... and I'm not really a child-like looking person, I mean I don't have a baby face or anything, so I don't think "Oh it's a secret 5-year-old!" is the first thing that goes through their heads. But I don't care because everything is so much fun (and then if I do get embarrassed, I have someone friendly there whose shoulder I can hide against)

Also I just really love pestering people for attention. Sitting next to their chair and leaning my head against their knee sadly and watching them until they pay attention to me ... lol or quietly and delicately untying their shoelaces or using a feather/string/hair to tickle the back of their neck, or generally being a brat in any way possible ... so long as it doesn't genuinely annoy them.

And um ... I like to run around and climb on anything handy and sometimes make a fun food, like grilled cheese cut into sticks and dipped in tomato sauce like my dad used to make when I was a kid or cheese cubes & crackers to watch a tv show sitting in the floor! or just ... you know ...stuff? whatever I feel like doing ...that is kinda the point~

Pacis are super nice too, and dragging around your favorite stuffed animal E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E you go, wearing cute socks and putting on temporary tattoos and putting stickers everywhere ~ play-doh and silly putty and apple juice in a sippy cup? eating chex mix out of a big bowl and especially getting someone to feed you by hand the best! Or getting down to crawl around and look underneath all the furniture in your house (you'd be surprised at what is hiding under there it is amazing!)

Also just sitting in the floor with a huge soft blanket and rolling around and getting tangled up in it until you're not sure which way is up or where your hands are, that is nice too

Quote Originally Posted by FaennaJo View Post

If my s/o or a likely friend is around I will grab their hand and drag them with me, out in public where there are things to climb on and touch and play with and laugh at and people to see and smile at and talk to and so many things to learn and explore !!! LIKE THERE IS SO MUCH OUT THERE if youre receptive to noticing it

People don't really give me funny looks, although I think some of them think I'm on drugs, because when I am little (out and about) I am usually REALLY SUPER HAPPY and excited and engaged with everything around me ... and I'm not really a child-like looking person, I mean I don't have a baby face or anything, so I don't think "Oh it's a secret 5-year-old!" is the first thing that goes through their heads. But I don't care because everything is so much fun (and then if I do get embarrassed, I have someone friendly there whose shoulder I can hide against)

Also I just really love pestering people for attention. Sitting next to their chair and leaning my head against their knee sadly and watching them until they pay attention to me ... lol or quietly and delicately untying their shoelaces or using a feather/string/hair to tickle the back of their neck, or generally being a brat in any way possible ... so long as it doesn't genuinely annoy them.

And um ... I like to run around and climb on anything handy and sometimes make a fun food, like grilled cheese cut into sticks and dipped in tomato sauce like my dad used to make when I was a kid or cheese cubes & crackers to watch a tv show sitting in the floor! or just ... you know ...stuff? whatever I feel like doing ...that is kinda the point~

Pacis are super nice too, and dragging around your favorite stuffed animal E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E you go, wearing cute socks and putting on temporary tattoos and putting stickers everywhere ~ play-doh and silly putty and apple juice in a sippy cup? eating chex mix out of a big bowl and especially getting someone to feed you by hand the best! Or getting down to crawl around and look underneath all the furniture in your house (you'd be surprised at what is hiding under there it is amazing!)

Also just sitting in the floor with a huge soft blanket and rolling around and getting tangled up in it until you're not sure which way is up or where your hands are, that is nice too
    reading all that made me giggle a bit x3

Quote Originally Posted by FaennaJo View Post

wow I think I need a breather and a cup of tea after reading all of that phew lol

My little self is even sillier than my "pretend-to-be-a-grown-up" self, so things do tend to get a bit "busy". I'm totally with FaennaJo, on that! Lighthearted pranks, telling jokes, running around, just for the fun of it, playing Frisbee, etc. I also enjoy busting out the Legos, Blythe Dolls, Play Dough...Which reminds me that Play Dough is the best smelling stuff in the world!
    Ummm...What else?
    Coloring. But, you already mentioned that. Sometimes, I chase down my two kitties and dress them up, like boy princesses. That's probably more fun for me, than them, though. And just yesterday, I was remembering the 'slip n slide', I had when I was a kid. It's gonna start getting cold (where I live) soon, but next summer, Ima have me one of those!
    My advice (to you) is to just go with whatever seems fun, to your little self. As long as you aren't hurting anyone, including yourself (id est; don't go jumping off the roof, with a towel 'round your neck, like a cape, thinking you can fly), then it's all good, imo. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLulu View Post
    My little self is even sillier than my "pretend-to-be-a-grown-up" self, so things do tend to get a bit "busy". I'm totally with FaennaJo, on that! Lighthearted pranks, telling jokes, running around, just for the fun of it, playing Frisbee, etc. I also enjoy busting out the Legos, Blythe Dolls, Play Dough...Which reminds me that Play Dough is the best smelling stuff in the world!
    Ummm...What else?
    Coloring. But, you already mentioned that. Sometimes, I chase down my two kitties and dress them up, like boy princesses. That's probably more fun for me, than them, though. And just yesterday, I was remembering the 'slip n slide', I had when I was a kid. It's gonna start getting cold (where I live) soon, but next summer, Ima have me one of those!
    My advice (to you) is to just go with whatever seems fun, to your little self. As long as you aren't hurting anyone, including yourself (id est; don't go jumping off the roof, with a towel 'round your neck, like a cape, thinking you can fly), then it's all good, imo. *hugs*
    I think someone has been watching too many superhereo films lol

Anything that engages my imagination. Cuddling too, especially if the one I am cuddling with caters to my little side.

Oddly, my little side comes in handy when I play with my nieces and nephews. We'll play with matchbox cars or build castles ut of blocks and legos (and then destroy them). I can tap into that imagination any time, and be just as silly as a five year old when I want.