Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never wet myself as a child.

Post I never wet myself as a child.

But I have an obsession with diapers. What do you think causes this fetish?

There are a many reason why as there are people who wear diapers. I can only give you reason I'm an AB. Suffered abuse as a kid, started bet wetting at the age of 12. At 19 I started wearing diapers to protect the bed. The AB part I guess was my way of dealing with having to wear diapers.

Well presumably the connection goes back to a time you can't remember.... When I'm guessing you probably did wet. Seriously, I think there's a deep emotional connection that encourages your desire. And this most likely goes way back.

I guess I must have suppressed whatever triggered it. Its driving me mad thinking what might have happened.

I can recall wetting my pants a few times as a child. Not due to IC, but due to some phobia/fear and a unwillingness to use restrooms I never been. Though oddly, fastfood restrooms and rest areas were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dlluke View Post
    I guess I must have suppressed whatever triggered it. Its driving me mad thinking what might have happened.
    Chill dude. The thing is that since you already have this strong connection, unfortunately it probably won't be going away anytime soon. And like most if us... We've got no idea why
    The key here is acceptance and learning how best to fit this into your life. That's what this place is all about. Luck buddy.

I am in the same boat but after spending countless hours trying to remember things and almost forcing myself to remember things that never actually happened I am still in the same place. I guess what I am saying is that it doesn't really pay to get to worked up about it, it isn't going to change anything. I know it's hard to not look for a reason but the truth is that there are things beyond our knowledge and sometimes it is acceptance rather than knowledge that will calm the turmoil inside you. I am decided I am going to focus more on acceptance and self-realization over scrutinizing my past.

Quote Originally Posted by TossNTurn View Post
    I am in the same boat but after spending countless hours trying to remember things and almost forcing myself to remember things that never actually happened I am still in the same place. I guess what I am saying is that it doesn't really pay to get to worked up about it, it isn't going to change anything. I know it's hard to not look for a reason but the truth is that there are things beyond our knowledge and sometimes it is acceptance rather than knowledge that will calm the turmoil inside you. I am decided I am going to focus more on acceptance and self-realization over scrutinizing my past.
    I must agree. It would be nice to know, but I don't think it would change how I feel about them or even be that significant of a revelation. We have all kinds of things we love and never question because they aren't considered weird. I did my time trying to figure it out and I think the time spent on self-acceptance, personal balance, and enjoyment was far better spent.

Quote Originally Posted by dlluke View Post
    Thinking that something triggered it is just pop psychology, and probably leading you wrong. I've had a thing for diapers longer than I can remember (and I can remember back to when I was 2, or possibly even younger). There was definitely nothing that caused it for me. It's just the way I always have been.

Whatever caused it with us is probably the same thing that causes other people to have all sorts of other fetishes.