Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny Subaru commercial

Default Funny Subaru commercial

Just saw this on tv and thought everyone might get a laugh too

I don't even know how this is supposed to be a ad for a car let alone a subaru asides the very end. I've seen it a few times on CNN and during local news and 1 am episodes of Scrubs.

I'm kinda more concerned that she's dropping him off at a public school when he's either 2 or dressed like he's 2 and still in diapers or training pants. Plus she's putting easily removal-able cloths on him, that he can even fully get off in a 5-point car seat. And I am reading WAY too much into a car commercial.

I again fail to see how this is a car ad; it has nothing to do with the Forester, it's almost a side theme. I'm a big Subaru fan, but this ad... NO! Not a good ad. Rally or something, show off the terrain response mode or something! I would expect this from Toyota or Honda, but not Subaru. Sorry 'bout the rant.

It doesn't matter that they don't talk about the car. The commercial says, if you can relate to this, Subaru is the car for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    It doesn't matter that they don't talk about the car. The commercial says, if you can relate to this, Subaru is the car for you.
    No it doesn't a car seat and spare clothes can fit into any modern car, even a fullsized bed pickup truck with only a bench seat. Nothing about that commercial tells you why you need it or should want it over any other SUV on the market unless yore a Subaru fanboy.

Haha... I like it when the school calls and she says, "What? He's never done that before."

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Haha... I like it when the school calls and she says, "What? He's never done that before."
    She says "I just pulled up now" and gets a change of clothes out the back. So I assume he was at a birthday party inside the house.

1st thing, subaru was made for the israeli market, you knew that? it was a way to pass the arab ban in the 70's and 80's
    2nd, what kind of diapers he wearing? and last, its a joke, take it easy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    She says "I just pulled up now" and gets a change of clothes out the back. So I assume he was at a birthday party inside the house.
    I think it was a bit unclear about this. It wasn't showing a single trip in the different shots. It's showing multiple trips and in each one, no matter where she's taking him, he's pulling his clothes off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    No it doesn't a car seat and spare clothes can fit into any modern car, even a fullsized bed pickup truck with only a bench seat. Nothing about that commercial tells you why you need it or should want it over any other SUV on the market unless yore a Subaru fanboy.

ADVERTISEMENTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

Bambusa is right. The advertisement isn't trying to sell you the car. The advertisement is trying to sell you identity. I'm a mom who has a three year old child who's a real handful, but he's worth it and I love him. I just need to be well put together and organized, and ready for anything. But I'm smart and can be ready for whatever parenthood throws at me. Then Subaru gets its name in at the end. The goal of this ad was not to make you say "I do need a new car, and I see the features I need at an acceptable price in this product." It's to suggest that Subarus are the car of choice for middle-class parents in their 30s. When people who face the same day-to-day challenges as you do, Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Consumer, Subaru is the car they choose to drive.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm kinda more concerned that she's dropping him off at a public school when he's either 2 or dressed like he's 2 and still in diapers or training pants. Plus she's putting easily removal-able cloths on him, that he can even fully get off in a 5-point car seat. And I am reading WAY too much into a car commercial.
    She's probably dropping him off at daycare. When we were 2/3 years old, daycare was generally organized playtime. Now it's designed to get a head start on school. There's a fair amount of structured teaching that happens- ABCs, counting, social skills, etc. So it's somewhat school-like.

Technically, many children should be in car seats through first/second/third grade. IIRC, you need to be in a forward-facing carseat through 60 pounds. Then you should be in a booster seat for a while past that.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I think it was a bit unclear about this. It wasn't showing a single trip in the different shots. It's showing multiple trips and in each one, no matter where she's taking him, he's pulling his clothes off.
    Must be why she pulled out a full set of his clothes eh? I mean she's clearly just bringing a set of her sons clothes into a then seemingly random house for shits n giggles.