Thread: Dance Mother F**ker Dance!

Smile Dance Mother F**ker Dance!

Hi everyone! Please do not let my thread post scare you, I was justing listening to some music and that was a line said by the Violent Femmes

1. I really really like music. I play a few instruments and if you are interested I have a soundcloud as well as a youtube channel where I do a few live things. I love to talk music so please do!-especially if you like indie, folk, blues, and jazz.

I also love to talk books! I am really into Jonathan Safran Foer, Salinger, Vizzini, Burroughs and lots others.

I desperately want to meet Morrissey

2. Currently I go to schooleo and I try really hard...seriously I do. It is all consuming sometimes and I have a hard time balancing relationships with people. I think sometimes I just use school as an excuse to not get close to people.

3. I am an introvert but I have to be an extrovert sometimes because I help teach a writing class....Don't judge my writing on here, I am off the clock. I am a DL and I struggle with that. Maybe that is why I am introvert? Maybe thats why I like to write? Not sure

4. I forgot what I am suppose to be typing so I apologize if I go off subject

5. I am here for support. It is hard for me to love myself sometimes and I have never really told anyone about my feelings for diapers. I actually told a therapist once but she really had nothing to say about turns my world upside down sometimes and I let it make me pretty upset. By being here I am hoping to just be a little more open about it, a little more accepting, a little more happy. Isn't that what we all want?

Hi, welcome to Adisc!

1. I enjoy music too, though I am more into metal, 80s and more instrumental things at the moment. What instruments do you play?

I am also into books. I haven't read any if the authors you mentioned, but I am currently reading the Game of Thrones series, and when I finish that, I have a lot of classic fiction to catch up on!

2. Well done on trying hard in school! You
    probably hear this alot (I know I did) but I wish I tried harder... If I had just managed my time a bit better I could have made a difference. Don't let it take over your life too much though.

3. You are in the right place for support! A lot if us on hear have struggled to accept ourselves, hopefully we can help you find a bit of peace. I'm sure the others on here would agree. Feel free to message me if you need a chat.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Welcome to Adisc TossNTurn!
    I am also into music, sadly none of the genres you mentioned. I'm more of country to Rock to metal kind of guy.

As for books, I do read whenever I get the chance. I am familiar with Salinger, but I don't recognize any of the other authors.

So, welcome again!

Welcome to the "introvert" who opens the door to reveal himself and screams at all comers, "Dance, Motherfucker, Dance!"

I'm an indie/folk girl myself, though Violent Femmes never quite​ struck me as belonging to that category...

Yeah I don't think the VF really do fit into that category...They are totally Punk/Folk originators. I dig them but I love me some indie folk. I am listening to Bright Eyes "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" right now. That is one of my favorite indie folk albums within the last decade. I really like Okkervil River, they do some really great stuff. Also Kimya Daweson is the bee's knees and who doesn't love the Juno soundtrack? I could talk music for days

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Hydra,

Thanks for the welcoming! I used to listen to a ton of metal and I have seen some really good acts but I have mellowed out quite a bit now in my music preferences. I play both the electric and acoustic guitar, ukulele, sing and I dabble in the keyboard and harmonica. I do my own little one man band thing

I heard the GOT series was pretty good maybe I will check it out sometime. Take care and make sure you stay in touch!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Trollbear!

If you like Salinger I think you would probably like Foer.....kind of a depressing author that sheds some brilliant optimism towards the end of his novels. Always leaves you feeling connected.