Thread: How Much are they Worth?

Default How Much are they Worth?

This is not a solicitation, I'm just curious. I have a vintage pack of 14 year old (1999) Attends with Waistband. They are Medium and unopened.

These diapers harken back to the glory days of Attends; after they were sold to Paper Pack, but before the reduction in quality. They are thick, soft, and have a killer waistband. The plastic is a heavier grade as well.

I'm thinking about selling them in the future (don't know when), but I don't know what to charge. Thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by Scubadiaper View Post
    Probably $100-$150. Depends on the buyer. Could be as high as $200.
    For real???!

for f*** sake who would actually pay 200$ (or even 100$) for a PACK OF DIAPERS???? Old ones at that?

I'm sorry - but I buy 4 packs of 28 Attends diapers for approx. 100$... (thats's 112 diapers for a bit more than 100$)

Is there really a market for "vintage" diapers at such prices????
    Sorry, but I simply can't imagine...

Ah, well some things I probably never will understand.

It's true that some people will pay vast amounts for vintage diapers.

My landlord paid some stupid amount for some old pampers that be remembered from his childhood, all because he wanted them sitting on the shelve alongside his adult diapers.

Plus on ebay I have seen some insane amounts for old diapers. So would not surprise me if they were worth something, maybe not loads but something.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    For real???!

for f*** sake who would actually pay 200$ (or even 100$) for a PACK OF DIAPERS???? Old ones at that?

I'm sorry - but I buy 4 packs of 28 Attends diapers for approx. 100$... (thats's 112 diapers for a bit more than 100$)

Is there really a market for "vintage" diapers at such prices????
    Sorry, but I simply can't imagine...

Ah, well some things I probably never will understand.
    I see what you're saying - someone'd have to be crazy to spend hundreds of dollars on a single pack of diapers, right? Thing is, people are actually that crazy. Once in university, I saw a listing for 80s-style Pampers (I think) on eBay. It was an open auction. The winning bid? Six hundred dollars.

Makes me think I should buy a couple packs of Depends and stash them for the next thirty years, then sell them on eBay (or whatever we're using in thirty years). And if anyone finds them, I can just call them "investments"!

I wouldn't pay that much for them. I would be to temped to wear them. It would bring back old memories from when I used them back them

Hello friends!

As mentioned above, it really depends on finding the right buyer. As with so many vintage, or collectors items. Yes many will probably chuckle at the idea of adult diapers as "collectables" but for the right person, with decent disposable income (pardon the pun), then I could also see the mentioned prices above being quite realistic. These diapers will bring back special memories for some folk who used to wear them. Perhaps they were the first adult diaper they tried.. Or just the most comfortable. As a rare treat, who knows...

Personally I would not pay such money, as I think today's products are great too. Less puffy and padded, but hold more and keep skin feeling dry for longer.. Just my opinion.

Take care all
    Andrew