Thread: Statistics wonderings

Default Statistics wonderings

So last night I was thinking and doing some numbers. I have recently found out that I was in high school with another ABDL. My High school has about 1,200 students. So this either leads to a ratio of 1:1,200 or 1:600.
    1:600 is a pretty uplifting statistic. any thoughts?

some1:

as mantioned by howiebabe: too small sample size.

But there's more:
    No geographical spread, no age groups, no social / etc. groups.

You can not seriously base any stats on simply finding out, that one in 1200 students of your highschool is a fellow ab.
    Or at least any kind of stat you derive from that data is utterly flawed in it's essence.

Just an example: lets say in your high there's two (yourself included) of 1200 students.

now in the next five high schools with a similar student count there's none (which would be just as likely as 10 or 1):
    5x1200 = 6000 Students.
    + 1200 from yours= 7200.
    so that would give you a ratio of 2:7200.
    which still, statistically speaking would be VERY inclonclusive as to the actual numbers.

also with any kind of stats you also have to consider the chances of people actually participating. Personally I keep my DL side to myself (OK the SO knows - but outside of that small circle, no one does and I don't feel like sharing).
    And looking at the way people here treat it usually: Confidential.
    So even less chances of getting actual numbers.

As interesting as an accurate bit of statistics would be, you'll probably never get even close due to the nature of the data.

I give you another one:

ADISC has 3500 something members at the moment.
    Let's broadly assume that only about 1/4 are within highschool age, so that makes 875

according to wikipedia:
    In 2010, there were 3,823,142 teachers in public, charter, private, and Catholic elementary and secondary schools. They taught a total of 55,203,000 students, who attended one of 132,656 schools

Now let's say we make an uneducated guess about the number of abdl related forums on the net, catering to a predominantly western world: 10 forums?
    Lets say the average of them has 3000 users, again with about a quarter within highschool age: 750 * 10 = 7500

So of these 7500, lets again be generous and say 75% are from the USA: 5625 People

Now if we take the wikipedia figure of 55mio students a year, take another fact from wikipedia into consideration (that an average of 89% will make at least high school level):
    89% of 55mio= apporx. 49mio.

So you could be looking at a ratio of 5'625:49'000'000
    or simplified: 1:8711

So for every 8711 students there's one potential ABDL.

But of course, as long as you don't have at least an educated guess on the actual number of ABDLs the whole thing remains a guess.
    But I'd say that even 1 for every 10'000 would be a HIGH number... I think 1 for every 20-50'000 would be more likely.

Yea I did see these comments coming.
    Let's just say I am prepared for the prospect of having to travel abroad to meet a like-minded ABDL for a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    Yea I did see these comments coming.
    Let's just say I am prepared for the prospect of having to travel abroad to meet a like-minded ABDL for a partner.
    Some1:
    Think about this for a moment: Searching for an like-minded ABDL Partner... ? WHY?
    I can understand the need to be able to be yourself in a partnership - trust me, I know this is VERY important indeed.
    But your potential partner does not by any necessity need to be an ABDL like you, she/he doesn't even need to be completely like minded.
    You certainly need to get along well, very well, with a potential partner. And you need to feel comfortable with whomever you end up with.

But try not to get a "prescription" for a potential partner... something like "my doc ordered me to search only for XXXXXX-Type Partners"

If you find a girl or boy you fall in love with, and the love develops into a relationship and trust is there and you have fun together, but also stick together in harsh times.
    Well then the rest truly does not matter a tiny little bit.

You see, if both: yourself and your potential partner are open minded, understanding, accepting, loving, trusting, etc... all things I consider to be core foundations for every strong, long standing, loving relationship.
    Well then you can easily be open about your ABDL needs, maybe your partner indulges - but certainly accepts... and so will you with whatever kink comes up on the other side.
    Same thing for other needs & desires.

I've so far been in my relationship with my lovely girl for over 12 years now... and it's still going like absolutely amazing.
    I'm a DL and I'm IC... and I'm VERY kinky on a general note...
    now the DL part I prefer NOT to practice with her (to me it just doesn't work) - but she knows and certainly has no problem with it.
    We share quite a few kinks - some I've had for a long time, some she had, some we both had, some we stumbled across together.
    Now I am open to indulge in a few of hers - even though some don't really float my boat... same for her.,.. she sometimes chooses to play along with one of my fantasies.
    And that's great, cause in my book, if you love someone you'll easily sometimes do something just to make the other person very happy - as long, of course, as it's within your own comfort zone.

but there's more...
    I do NOT believe that it's a good idea to search a potential partner primarily through a kink-thing...
    Doesn't matter if it's ABDL or whatever... I believe, as important as those aspects of ones identity may be - they're not the ones that will lead to a good / strong relationship.
    Pretty much going to be a one sided thing, as of course most never live by whatever kink they have 24/7 (I believe that gets old pretty quick to most)... so of course the rest of the day / time you spend in "non-kink mode" is going to matter far more if the relationship should have any chance to become something deep and trusting, loving etc.

Thus I never really understood why so many - especially within the ABDL community - try to narrow in their search for a potential partner to other ABDLs... it's making thing more complicated than it has any right to be - also it simply speaking reduces your chances of actually finding someone by a significant bit.

I can understand the fear of possible rejection about revealing an aspect such as ABDL to a new partner.
    And yes, IT CAN indeed go wrong... but so can a hundred other things.
    Maybe she/he will find whatever trait you have absolutely out of question. Maybe it will fail for different idea, morals, life plans, etc... and a thousand other possibilities that can go wrong.
    So it's just another thing that can go wrong... but really it's not bound to fail.

And yet, there's even more to this:
    How far... Some people have strong desires regarding their Kinks/life-style choices / etc...
    It is however my believe, that by acting with some moderation (NOT SUPPRESSION) you will be far more happy & successful as you will actually be able to lead a life and not depend only on how well your kink is going to be accepted.
    For example with a DL: if he / she chooses to wear 24/7 and NEVER to use the toilet.. so all No1 and No2 exclusively in the nappy... now this, especially if done by choice, will really reduce your chance to find someone who's accepting quite a bit... simply because it's a rather "extreme" choice you have made.
    Same goes for an AB who basically wants to be only in Baby Mode 24/7, really only wants a mommy and not a PARTNER... again, it's an "extreme" choice and it will make it difficult to find acceptance in a potential partner.
    Same could be said about anything that you take WILLINGLY to some extreme level...

As an example from my own experience: Both my Girl and myself are a good bit into BDSM stuff (we switch though) - but NEITHER ONE would EVER want to do this as a lifestyle 24/7... We certainly do NOT have a Master/Slave relationship and our house doesn't look like a dungeon... We do act on it when we both want to and get out of it.
    Yet we kuddle just as much, do lots of other "vanilla" things... and generally lead a pretty equal partnership with shared responsibilities and most importantly we take damn good care of each other - we're here for each other in LIFE anytime.
    the rest is just "addon" to spice things up.

Well it is quite interesting that you would think of this cause the high school i went to had another ab like me and he was a yea ahead of me. kinda funny to think that there could be another ab sitting right next to you in class. but statistically speaking my high school was just under 900 students and including me there were to ab/dl's that i could factor for. Anyone think what the statistics would be in a college atmosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by abdl2727 View Post
    Well it is quite interesting that you would think of this cause the high school i went to had another ab like me and he was a yea ahead of me. kinda funny to think that there could be another ab sitting right next to you in class. [...]
    abdl2727, exactly what I was thinking. It was the same with the ABDL i mentioned in my post. He was also year ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Think about this for a moment: Searching for an like-minded ABDL Partner... ? WHY?
    I can understand the need to be able to be yourself in a partnership - trust me, I know this is VERY important indeed. [...]
    EPO1,
    I am able to have relationships with non-abdl partners. I know that. But at this point in my life I am not actively looking for a partner at all.
    HOWEVER
    I have only one life on this earth. I chose to continue living. I see no reason at all existant that I cannot realize my dream someday. Damnit I want to live in an Idyll. And it's not even so far fetched thanks to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    abdl2727, exactly what I was thinking. It was the same with the ABDL i mentioned in my post. He was also year ahead of me.

EPO1,
    I am able to have relationships with non-abdl partners. I know that. But at this point in my life I am not actively looking for a partner at all.
    HOWEVER
    I have only one life on this earth. I chose to continue living. I see no reason at all existant that I cannot realize my dream someday. Damnit I want to live in an Idyll. And it's not even so far fetched thanks to the internet.
    I'm just saying: there might be that lovely girl next door,... or ...
    You need not to focus on "personality traits" such as ABDL to find true happiness with a potential partner.
    Actually, you're right about this one thing: you only have this one life. So why make a search for something so specific that will not even give you any guarantees to happiness.
    So what if you find a girl who's into ABDL stuff and it still doesn't work out? Or is your life only based around ABDL stuff?