Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Wandering thought: SRS and diapers?

  1. #1

    Default Wandering thought: SRS and diapers?

    I am discussing and fighting my way for SRS (really wanting insurance to cover it), but an idle thought popped in about how it will affect/improve my DL side; even though I weaned a bit away from my DL aspects as of recently, I feel like I will be much more into diapers when I am able to get my procedure done (and a little extra thing to be excited about)

    Can any transitioned girls, who don't mind sharing, give a bit of a rundown of your affliction to diapers after your SRS?

  2. #2

    Default

    Sorry I am pre-op my self starting hormones in a week or two at the most, I am thinking it would actually make diapering easier as you would be peeing into the core of the diaper vs. possible directions the ding a ling gets pointing. Point to better absorbency plus it makes popping certain things into your diaper for extra fun easier. But that is all speculation as I am will not be at the SRS stage for at least year by state law you must be hormones for a year first and have 2 doctors seals of approval here. So I am curious and in kind of same boat from the diapering sense though I am AB as well as DL. Any post op girls want to weigh in on this your sisters could really use your advice and help.

    Another trans question for those of experience I wonder if it is possible to get your birth month and day changed to that of your srs I know the year would not be reasonable but I cannot see why you could not change the day and month.

  3. #3

    Default

    You cannot alter the dates on your birth certificate, no. This applies to Australia, UK, USA and Canada. I can't speak for anywhere else. In certain regions you can't even get your name changed on the document, only amended (both names are listed.)

    SRS presents a wide range of issues for diaper users, truly. From the offset, post-surgery, you'll spend some time incontinent with a mixture of bladder and other unpleasant discharge. You'll be dilating (using an object similar to a dildo) your post-surgery organ numerous times per day, and you'll be avoiding any and all chance of infection. That means no diapers. After you've fully recovered (three to six months) you might be able to consider wearing diapers again, but keep in mind that trans-girl vaginas are far more prone to infection as they are, in essence, wounds that you manually prevent from healing up (hence the need for dilation.)

    Different girls will dilate different numbers of time and for different lengths, and some do better than others and might end up only needing to do it a few times a week for life. Diminished sex-drive is expected and if you're circumcised you have a very high chance of not being able to achieve orgasm, so if there's a sexual element to diapers for you this is a consideration as well.

    On a final, and very important note that won't apply to many but is worth knowing: Messing will probably never be possible, and neo-vaginal sepsis is a very real danger and can (and has been) lethal.

    I don't like to be a downer here, but it's important to understand that your idealized view of SRS is probably very very skewed and you can expect looking after your shiny new vagina to be a full time job for some time to come.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    You cannot alter the dates on your birth certificate, no. This applies to Australia, UK, USA and Canada. I can't speak for anywhere else. In certain regions you can't even get your name changed on the document, only amended (both names are listed.)

    SRS presents a wide range of issues for diaper users, truly. From the offset, post-surgery, you'll spend some time incontinent with a mixture of bladder and other unpleasant discharge. You'll be dilating (using an object similar to a dildo) your post-surgery organ numerous times per day, and you'll be avoiding any and all chance of infection. That means no diapers. After you've fully recovered (three to six months) you might be able to consider wearing diapers again, but keep in mind that trans-girl vaginas are far more prone to infection as they are, in essence, wounds that you manually prevent from healing up (hence the need for dilation.)

    Different girls will dilate different numbers of time and for different lengths, and some do better than others and might end up only needing to do it a few times a week for life. Diminished sex-drive is expected and if you're circumcised you have a very high chance of not being able to achieve orgasm, so if there's a sexual element to diapers for you this is a consideration as well.

    On a final, and very important note that won't apply to many but is worth knowing: Messing will probably never be possible, and neo-vaginal sepsis is a very real danger and can (and has been) lethal.

    I don't like to be a downer here, but it's important to understand that your idealized view of SRS is probably very very skewed and you can expect looking after your shiny new vagina to be a full time job for some time to come.
    Thankyou that was very informative I never new about the dilating, it does not deter me from my goal but it is good to know. I knew their was a lot involved better to know now though.
    I figured it was a pipedream to get the birthday changed but that does not mean you cannot celebrate your birthday on your SRS day every year, who knows my romanticized view on that may change after the operation to preferring to celebrate on birthday birthday. I greatly appreciate the info the diapering aspect as it complicates things for me a bit as I am already partially IC so I do not know how I would sleep without a diaper for 3-6 months, messing is not issue for me but I have leaky pipes already. Thankyou for all the info this may go in another area or feel free to pm me about but is dilating painful out of curiosity, I still plan to transition regardless but knowing what to expect is always the best.

    Anyway I think you have answered the op's question well aswell.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    You cannot alter the dates on your birth certificate, no. This applies to Australia, UK, USA and Canada. I can't speak for anywhere else. In certain regions you can't even get your name changed on the document, only amended (both names are listed.)

    SRS presents a wide range of issues for diaper users, truly. From the offset, post-surgery, you'll spend some time incontinent with a mixture of bladder and other unpleasant discharge. You'll be dilating (using an object similar to a dildo) your post-surgery organ numerous times per day, and you'll be avoiding any and all chance of infection. That means no diapers. After you've fully recovered (three to six months) you might be able to consider wearing diapers again, but keep in mind that trans-girl vaginas are far more prone to infection as they are, in essence, wounds that you manually prevent from healing up (hence the need for dilation.)

    Different girls will dilate different numbers of time and for different lengths, and some do better than others and might end up only needing to do it a few times a week for life. Diminished sex-drive is expected and if you're circumcised you have a very high chance of not being able to achieve orgasm, so if there's a sexual element to diapers for you this is a consideration as well.

    On a final, and very important note that won't apply to many but is worth knowing: Messing will probably never be possible, and neo-vaginal sepsis is a very real danger and can (and has been) lethal.

    I don't like to be a downer here, but it's important to understand that your idealized view of SRS is probably very very skewed and you can expect looking after your shiny new vagina to be a full time job for some time to come.
    This is more of what I'm going for; I know a lot about the SRS procedure, but I never really got any personal accounts of it with the more gritty stuff (never thought about the sepsis). I know SRS vaginas are nothing glorified and quite different from a ciswoman's, so that's sort of why I made this thread to get some personal intake from a DL transwoman.

    I'm aware of the risks and upkeep, so I just want to know more details of the human element.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    I am discussing and fighting my way for SRS (really wanting insurance to cover it), but an idle thought popped in about how it will affect/improve my DL side; even though I weaned a bit away from my DL aspects as of recently, I feel like I will be much more into diapers when I am able to get my procedure done (and a little extra thing to be excited about)

    Can any transitioned girls, who don't mind sharing, give a bit of a rundown of your affliction to diapers after your SRS?
    Welcome to Toby R Meltzer MD, PC

    lantis;
    i looked for an introduction thread for you and couldn't find one, thus i don't have anywhere to start in getting to know you, or your proclivities. after all, the questions that you ask and the very small and secretive group that you ask them of, is/are very personal in nature....

    it's been my experience, both personally, and among my friends (who are post-op), that discussions of such a personal nature are something that i (and they) share pretty much with others like our selves..... girls on the path to SRS, and not in open forums.

    the link that i listed above is for a very prominent and experienced gender surgeon here in the US.... one whom i can personally vouch for. if you would care to read his site in depth, there is much information there (no kink or fetish info of course), but what ever a person needs who is researching SRS legitimately.

    may i suggest that if you truly want an in-depth look at our world; maybe you should try getting to know one of the post-op ladies of ADISC first. there are a few around.

    lodge wrecker....

  7. #7

    Default

    Well, I made this account a very long time ago and I often come here unless my DL side is acting up. I had mention that I am in the process of trying to get SRS (via insurance), and I while I know a lot about the procedure, I just wanted to get a perspective from an ABDL angle.

    Also, I'm a little shy when it comes to this sort of thing, so I figured it's more simple to post as a general inquiry, rather than personal questions.

  8. #8

    Default

    You were absolutely right to ask here. Being told to go and seek out individual members is asinine.

  9. #9

    Default

    ugh... I hate my body. But maybe SRS isn't for me. I dunno. I don't really care about sex, anyway. To me, my gender role is a bigger deal, though I'm not too happy to have male "equipment"... I could deal with it, I guess. I don't wanna constantly worry about infection or stuff like that. Plus, SRS is expensive. And I don't wanna never be able to mess ever again. I'll be lucky enough if I ever find a way to transition anyway... it's expensive enough anyway. Maybe I would get castration someday... probably cheaper. It's my body & I'll have to do whatever works for me someday. I guess I have an unknown amount of time to think about it, if I ever get anywhere. And... I... am sorta rambling.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    ugh... I hate my body. But maybe SRS isn't for me. I dunno. I don't really care about sex, anyway. To me, my gender role is a bigger deal, though I'm not too happy to have male "equipment"... I could deal with it, I guess. I don't wanna constantly worry about infection or stuff like that. Plus, SRS is expensive. And I don't wanna never be able to mess ever again. I'll be lucky enough if I ever find a way to transition anyway... it's expensive enough anyway. Maybe I would get castration someday... probably cheaper. It's my body & I'll have to do whatever works for me someday. I guess I have an unknown amount of time to think about it, if I ever get anywhere. And... I... am sorta rambling.
    For some people nullification is what they seek a removal of wiggle bits period Just a smooth area with a pee hole. You can then feminize/masculinize as you wish, but be warned nullification makes it darn near impossible to get a vagina or anything later.

Similar Threads

  1. A thought on why diapers seem so attractive
    By Cush in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-Nov-2010, 15:12
  2. Getting used to the thought...
    By WRukD in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-Jul-2010, 16:13
  3. I thought this was well said.
    By InnocenceAlone in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27-Dec-2008, 00:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.