Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day Vs Night

Default Day Vs Night

I'm not too sure if this is in the right section as it is incontinence related but it is about diapers so if I'm in the wrong place please let me know and I apologize ahead of time.

So I finally have a good budget again that I can spend on diapers (thanks to some promotions at work!) and I was curious about the general opinion on something. So now that I have the budget to afford it and seeing as I am still relatively new to being incontinent (botched surgery) is it possibly more economical to have different diapers for day vs night? Historically I've always used either Bambino or Molicare but during the day I feel almost as if they are going to waste because day times aren't as bad for me as nights.

Should I perhaps start purchasing different diapers for day vs night or is the cost difference not really going to be worth the trade off of many times having to order each one at different times and thus paying more on shipping? Does anyone else purchase different products like that and have any insight?

Thanks!

I would purchase samples of various brands from places like XP Medical - Incontinence Supplies That way you can determine which will work best for you. The more absorbent would normally be required for
    night time use. I've worn Dry24/7's which aren't available at the present time and tested Tena Slip Maxi's for overnight and worked fine for me. I now use Dependeco cloth AIO's for overnight
    which help me control costs. I use my premium disposables for daytime wear. Also once
    you make your choices you can buy by the case and get free shipping. The cases vary
    in count by number of diapers depending on brand.

To me there is no question: you should definitely determine which diaper suits your need for what you are doing and use that one. Tena Slip Maxis, Abena 4's, and Dry 24/7s are all excellent diapers; the Tenas however are MUCH thinner and better for daytime wear. Bambino and Molicare: same thing. They are great, but they are thick. Use a diaper that makes you feel comfortable, but why be wasteful?

When Dry 24/7 were available it was possible for me to wear only two diapers over a 24 hour period. I cannot do that with confidence and success with any other diapers. So I keep a variety of diapers. I have some Abena X-Plus, some in extra large and some in large. I have some Abena L3 and L2. And I just bought a case of Bambino Biancos in large, but so far, even after only using three, it's clear that Abena is the better diaper. I try to keep both costs and number of changes to a minimum; the L3 costs #1.13 per diaper, and the X-Plus cost around $1.60.

Wearing diaper all the time becomes an exercise in logistics, I think. My top diaper performance priority - and yours might be different - is no leaks, especially not in public, especially not driving my car.

I typically wear bambino overnight for the capacity and comfortable fit, and totaldry plus (not x plus) during the day for thinner between the legs and cheaper. You're not likely to find a single diaper type that is best for both your daytime and nighttime use.

And then there's the "cloth is much more economical and practical for overnight use" supporters chiming in. (but I don't want anything to do with cloth personally)

Yeah cloth is a no go, too complicated for me with the special care instructions and living in Indiana wearing plastic pants with them is too humid.

So judging by the responses I should be trying to find a day diaper and a night one. I may go back to tranquility during the day I don't know why but I've always liked the tranquility products they just aren't enough at night to handle my extremely having wetting.

Night time wise being as discretion is of no concern are the unique wellness briefs any good? I've heard they are decent but insanely thick. Perhaps if they are really good I can stop buying the booster pads with my orders.

I use different product for day and night mainly for the absorbency and confort. I don't feel like wandering about with a super thick diaper during the day. And I hate waking up during the night to change myself.

For me, during the day I use either Molicare Premium Soft Super or Tena Ultra.
    At night, I use Kendall Lille Supreme or Molicare Super Plus. I also use Tena Super.

I tried almost every products on this continent market and those are the one that suit my needs the best.
    I left out Abriform (X-plus and the rest) because I find they smell a bit when wet and I don't like how they absorb.

Edit: To answer your question, Wellness diapers are OK. You just need to be carefull not to sit in one when wetting. The exterior "shell" seap urine trough. For night time, they will be ok. I did not go for them because I hate their fit. I would not wear one for the day, as I don't trust them to handle sitting and moving around. They tend to swell a bit and leak under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post

Edit: To answer your question, Wellness diapers are OK. You just need to be carefull not to sit in one when wetting. The exterior "shell" seap urine trough. For night time, they will be ok. I did not go for them because I hate their fit. I would not wear one for the day, as I don't trust them to handle sitting and moving around. They tend to swell a bit and leak under pressure.
    Wow thank you for that info. I had heard so many stories about how absorbent they are so I thought that would make them good but I guess not! Definitely time to start shopping around.

Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    So now that I have the budget to afford it and seeing as I am still relatively new to being incontinent (botched surgery) is it possibly more economical to have different diapers for day vs night? Historically I've always used either Bambino or Molicare but during the day I feel almost as if they are going to waste because day times aren't as bad for me as nights. Should I perhaps start purchasing different diapers for day vs night or is the cost difference not really going to be worth the trade off of many times having to order each one at different times and thus paying more on shipping? Does anyone else purchase different products like that and have any insight? Thanks!
    This is a great question and one that I have pondered many times. I personally have two types of cloth diapers and usually two (sometimes three) types of disposables, varying in thickness and absorbancy. I will just mention one thing about cloth and then shut up about it. With cloth diapers you will never be concerned if you need to change, but you did not use much of the diaper, for example just one wetting.

Both types of diapers can be boosted. It all depends on how much you wet, but like most people, I wet more at night so I need more absorbancy during that time. So, if you just had one kind of disposable, boosters at night might be the way to go. Another consideration is your savings by buying just one disposable in bulk instead of several kinds, which could cost more in shipping. However, I like the flexibility of two kinds of disposables. If, for example, I'm going to work out or to a brief meeting, I'll wear a lighter weight, more discreet diaper.

Night time wise being as discretion is of no concern are the unique wellness briefs any good? I've heard they are decent but insanely thick.
    They are okay IMO. When I first tried them about four years ago, I thought they were great, but like other high end disposables, they became less so over time. I certainly don't think they are thicker than Dry 24-7. Currently my disposable preferences are for Depends for Men for active, discreet wear and Tena Slip Maxi or Dry 24-7 (whenever they come back) for regular wear and night wear. However, most of the time when I'm not traveling, I'm in cloth diapers.

I have been using Attends Waistband for my day time diapers. But now I might switch to a different diaper. I still like Attends but their padding has gotten thinner over the years. I notice it is starting to leak in the front middle of the diaper. For my overnight diapers I use Bambino Bellissimo and the Dry 24/7 diapers. I have not experience any leaks with these diapers. Both are my favorite diapers.