Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Tried ABU Cushies w/ Cloth-Like Cover?

Default Has Anyone Tried ABU Cushies w/ Cloth-Like Cover?

I've been waiting for someone to make an ab/dl diaper like the modern day Pampers / Luvs / Huggies. The ABU Cushies w/ Cloth-Like Cover don't look that much like them, but they are the closest thing. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I have had experience with them. I liked them the best, because the tabs can be refastened a multitude of times for when you have access to a restroom. Yet, they have enough performance to take a significant amount of fluid if it is ever necessary. Had they been regularly available, they would be my standard underwear. I just wish someone can come up with an all-white version, but I am fairly positive that ABUniverse has a good LOCK on that patent. This is unfortunate for us who want something with reasonable versatility and performance.

Thanks! They look good, but they need to add stretchy sides, right?

You wouldn't need stretchy sides with these, Bambusa. Once they are fastened, they'll hold just like a leather belt on a good pair of jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    You wouldn't need stretchy sides with these, Bambusa. Once they are fastened, they'll hold just like a leather belt on a good pair of jeans.
    Fair enough, and I totally get that, but I like the way the stretchy sides feel, you know? Tre comfy.

Well, think of this: Back in the day, baby diapers didn't have stretchy sides. In fact, they were made of cloth, and pinned, and then when the family went on a visit, they would be covered with plastic pants. But of course, these days are a bit different. You would have to try the cloth-like Cushies, and see for yourself. But I'll be honest: Even though they worked well for me, they're not for everybody.

I would love to try these... But they're not on the site anymore as far as I can see? Unless OP knows somewhere else to get them...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with them?
    I tried them and thought they were great -- very easy to put on, great fit (on me), and decent absorbency. Because of the low community opinion of ABU, however, I did not reorder. And it doesn't really matter now; ABU doesn't carry the cloth-backed Cushies anymore anyway. In fact, it looks like the plastic-backed Cushies are out-of-stock also. In general, it seems like ABU has barely enough money to do a single production run of diapers every now and then, and their pre-order practices proved to be a bit dubious with the Sissy diapers. I would not hold my breath waiting for the cloth-backed Cushies to reappear.

I've tried a few of them. The velcro tabs are surprisingly strong. The outer cover isn't terrible.... it's not smooth plastic but it's not like rough cloth, it's somewhere in between. Everything else about the diaper is identical to the plastic shell variety.

I have about 8 of these left from my order last year some time. They are great diapers! Nice and comfy that's for sure. The velcro tab really makes this diaper feel babyish. Love the crinkle, and the absorbency is good (not the best out there, but good). Hope Abuniverse stocks these diapers again sometime. I'd buy another pack of 20 for sure.