Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some PR advice

Default I need some PR advice

Well, here we go.

I am trying to represent AB/DL's to assist people in understanding us and in people learning to accept themselves better.

Needless to say, It's a tall order. It's dangerous ground to tread on as well.

Anyways, I have a first video where I finally show myself fully wearing a diaper. It was a long time in coming and took a lot of thought. One of the main things I want to stress to the world is that just because a person likes diapers... doesn't mean they are all diapers....

We are electricians, business men, successful contributors to society. We are all just people, with different needs and desires that do indeed confuse many people.

Anyways... the main issue is if I should put the video on my Youtube or not. I have done a search on Youtube and seen some extreme things by searching "adult diaper" that have been on for at least a year and are far more extreme than what I am uploading.

It's such a complicated question and decision since I want to represent ab/dl in a good light yet at the same time, I am just not reaching enough people. I guarantee if I upload this video I will reach more people. But, perhaps it's all of the wrong people?

Once again, I must reiterate that I am not worried about repercussions on my personal behalf. I am only worried of the AB/DL viewpoint as a whole, not myself. I can take any ridicule that can be dished out.

The video is me playing a game, some may have seen it already. Personally, I think it was a fun way of doing it.

But I want some opinions on this "touchy" subject. Ultimately, the choice is mine to make.

I will not post the video here, it is non-sexual in nature but I don't wish to plop it all over like an advertisement. If anyone wishes to see it before giving an opinion they can message me.

There are quite a few ADBL explanation videos on YouTube already, it's not like you are suddenly going to be exposing something nobody has ever seen before - especially with TV programme coverage.

Ultimately you have free choice, you can put it up if you want to regardless of if we like it or not. Given that, the only purpose of this thread seems to be to ask us what we think of the video and not many are going to do that if they have to PM you to see it. Could you put it up as an unlisted video (you can only find it if you have the direct link) then post it here? That way we could all see it and give an opinion before it goes public.

We don't need publicity. There's pretty much nothing to be gained by doing this other than, at best, potential embarrassment and gobs of verbal abuse for yourself, and at worst a spike of trolls and negative traffic here and in other AB/DL communities. Publicity itself simply is not a good goal for a kink that is...pretty far out there, by societal standards. Any publicity you do get, regardless of your actual content, is going to be largely negative and as far as I can tell the only real end of increased publicity is increased difficulty coping for vulnerable people who aren't secure in their desires - can you honestly not recall a time at which you'd have found it very hard to deal with if "those AB freaks" became a topic of conversation amongst people you know? The logical end of more public awareness is more situations like that.

This is a private thing. It need not be anything but a private thing. We shouldn't be ashamed of our desires, but we have absolutely no reason to parade them into the public eye, either, and many reasons not to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyAB View Post
    We don't need publicity. There's pretty much nothing to be gained by doing this other than, at best, potential embarrassment and gobs of verbal abuse for yourself, and at worst a spike of trolls and negative traffic here and in other AB/DL communities.
    So, let's just hide. That will solve everything, and we can all just suffer the brunt of jokes and ridicule in silence, watch as others who try to create a bit of understanding get savagely attacked and verbally abused. Why stand up for ourselves when it's easier to just cruise under the radar? I'm not saying you or anyone has to be out and loud and doing videos and going full public but at the very least, don't discourage those who are brave enough to put themselves out there in hopes to counter the very ignorance and negativity you speak of.

Publicity itself simply is not a good goal for a kink that is...pretty far out there, by societal standards.
    It's not *just* a kink, though. Ten years ago I would have said it was just some strange fetish I was into. Now, not so much. Many of us arrive where we are as AB's for different reasons and it's inaccurate to say it's just a kink.

Any publicity you do get, regardless of your actual content, is going to be largely negative and as far as I can tell the only real end of increased publicity is increased difficulty coping for vulnerable people who aren't secure in their desires - can you honestly not recall a time at which you'd have found it very hard to deal with if "those AB freaks" became a topic of conversation amongst people you know? The logical end of more public awareness is more situations like that.
    If I am reading this right, you are saying that he shouldn't do a video that draws attention to AB's because it increases discussion, which is usually negative, and it makes people who are not secure in who they are uncomfortable? The greater good that could come of it in the future doesn't help mitigate that feeling?

Back before I came out of the closet (as gay) I heard lots of people talking about "faggots" and saying the worst things about gay people and yes, back then, I would rather the topic never came up. Even if I spoke out in defense of gay people I didn't want to be baited, as if only queers would stand up for other queers. That was the climate 25 years ago when I was a gay teen struggling to accept my sexual orientation. When I did come out a couple years later, I decided that nobody was ever going to force me back into the closet and if people have an issue dealing with my sexual orientation it's their problem, not mine. I was not alone, as many of my generation threw off the closet and all of the rationalizations that were used to justify it. No more 1950's mindsets where we all aspire to a sham of normalcy that does not exist, never has, and never will. No more SHAME. We shouldn't be ASHAMED of who we are and allow ourselves to be regarded as sub-human (whether we're LGBT, ABDL, whatever).

Edit: And look where the LGBT community is now. We're still fighting, in some countries for our lives and freedom. In the US we're fighting for equality under the law and civil rights. And the best part of that is the immense amount of support we now have from straight allies from the entire spectrum of our citizenry, from celebrities and elected officials to our co-workers and friends and family. That would not have happened if we just stayed hidden and refused to stand up for ourselves first, and to show those closest to us that we're not freaks because we're LGBT.

Now, of course I don't see striving for acceptance and awareness of ABDL as a civil rights struggle (with the exception of hate crimes and such). And of course, there will always be those who see what we do as silly at best, evil at worst. The goal is to change enough minds so that the reactions that do come about aren't as negative and hence, people will have an easier time in their journey when it comes to coping with their ABism whether it's sexually based or not. (End edit)

This is a private thing. It need not be anything but a private thing. We shouldn't be ashamed of our desires, but we have absolutely no reason to parade them into the public eye, either, and many reasons not to do so.
    If you wish to keep it private then that is your decision, although given what you said above, I disagree with your reason for it. Some people are just private by nature and that's fine. But to keep it private because heightened publicity (as if there's going to be a surge of people watching AB info-videos on Youtube) is going to cause negativity that makes some people uneasy, well that's just a lame excuse. It's not HIS fault if he posts a video intended to educate and inform and other people react with irrationality, hatred, bigotry, trolling, or flaming.

As a species we need to quit catering to bullies and self-righteous people who act as if there is nothing weird about them, and as such they can persecute anyone they think is weird. WE'RE ALL WEIRD, and the sooner we embrace it and encourage non-harmful expressions of it the better off this whole world will be.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    So, let's just hide. That will solve everything, and we can all just suffer the brunt of jokes and ridicule in silence, watch as others who try to create a bit of understanding get savagely attacked and verbally abused. Why stand up for ourselves when it's easier to just cruise under the radar? I'm not saying you or anyone has to be out and loud and doing videos and going full public but at the very least, don't discourage those who are brave enough to put themselves out there in hopes to counter the very ignorance and negativity you speak of.
    There are pretty much no jokes and ridicule now; the only ones I've ever seen have been in response to "PR" moves like this. AB/DL-ism is not a widely-known kink, and most people do not give a shit. Why would you want to change this? Do you honestly think that moves for "increased public acceptance" of a far-out kink which most people do not care about will have a net benefit over any timescale? If so, you're naive.

It's not *just* a kink, though. Ten years ago I would have said it was just some strange fetish I was into. Now, not so much. Many of us arrive where we are as AB's for different reasons and it's inaccurate to say it's just a kink.
    It's not purely sexual, no, but it is largely sexual for a majority of the community. What, are you expecting the general public to make fine distinctions? Even if they did, would it make any difference in their reaction?

If I am reading this right, you are saying that he shouldn't do a video that draws attention to AB's because it increases discussion, which is usually negative, and it makes people who are not secure in who they are uncomfortable? The greater good that could come of it in the future doesn't help mitigate that feeling?
    Realistically, what greater good do you expect to come out of this in the future? Widespread public "acceptance" is not possible in the current cultural climate, nor would I really ever want something significantly different than what we have now (most people not giving a shit) anyway - all we should hope/strive for is for the latent social disapproval to eventually disappear, and this will not further that cause. The only thing this can possibly do is change latent to overt.

This is a private thing. You lose nothing by keeping it that way. There will never be a social climate in which you can parade it around in shows of exhibitionism, and honestly that doesn't bother me one bit.

Back before I came out of the closet (as gay) I heard lots of people talking about "faggots" and saying the worst things about gay people and yes, back then, I would rather the topic never came up. Even if I spoke out in defense of gay people I didn't want to be baited, as if only queers would stand up for other queers. That was the climate 25 years ago when I was a gay teen struggling to accept my sexual orientation. When I did come out a couple years later, I decided that nobody was ever going to force me back into the closet and if people have an issue dealing with my sexual orientation it's their problem, not mine. I was not alone, as many of my generation threw off the closet and all of the rationalizations that were used to justify it. No more 1950's mindsets where we all aspire to a sham of normalcy that does not exist, never has, and never will. No more SHAME. We shouldn't be ASHAMED of who we are and allow ourselves to be regarded as sub-human (whether we're LGBT, ABDL, whatever).
    But that is just the thing; one of the main problems with being gay, socially, is that it is subject to widespread overt social scorn and disgust. The same is not true of being an AB/DL, and the only thing this sort of "PR" work will do is make it that way. I do not want it to be that way. You should not want it to be that way if you care at all for the peace of mind of all the people who are happy keeping this to themselves.

This is not like homosexuality, in which everyone will know if your spouse is the same sex as you. There is nothing at all mandating that your AB/DL desires be publicly known and displayed. "Not being ashamed" does not mean "making a public spectacle."

Edit: And look where the LGBT community is now. We're still fighting, in some countries for our lives and freedom. In the US we're fighting for equality under the law and civil rights. And the best part of that is the immense amount of support we now have from straight allies from the entire spectrum of our citizenry, from celebrities and elected officials to our co-workers and friends and family. That would not have happened if we just stayed hidden and refused to stand up for ourselves first, and to show those closest to us that we're not freaks because we're LGBT.
    This is not a parallel of the AB/DL community at all. See above.

Now, of course I don't see striving for acceptance and awareness of ABDL as a civil rights struggle (with the exception of hate crimes and such).
    Then what was that last paragraph all about?

And of course, there will always be those who see what we do as silly at best, evil at worst. The goal is to change enough minds so that the reactions that do come about aren't as negative and hence, people will have an easier time in their journey when it comes to coping with their ABism whether it's sexually based or not. (End edit)
    You're not going to change minds from negative to positive. You're going to change minds from neutral/uncaring to negative. You'd take a situation in which no drastic improvements were required and turn it into one where they are. In doing this, the only thing one could possibly do is create an actual need for "PR work" where there was none before, and probably make life more difficult for a whole lot of AB/DLs while you're at it.

If you wish to keep it private then that is your decision, although given what you said above, I disagree with your reason for it. Some people are just private by nature and that's fine. But to keep it private because heightened publicity (as if there's going to be a surge of people watching AB info-videos on Youtube) is going to cause negativity that makes some people uneasy, well that's just a lame excuse.
    The psychological well-being of people who, in the current state of things, would probably be just fine is a "lame excuse?"

It's not HIS fault if he posts a video intended to educate and inform and other people react with irrationality, hatred, bigotry, trolling, or flaming.
    It's not a question of "fault." It's a question of utility. I esteem that "PR" videos are a disservice to our community because they take what is generally an unconcerned reaction and turn it into an explosively negative one. Whether the reaction is the "fault" of the person making the video is completely irrelevant; the outcome is what it is.

As a species we need to quit catering to bullies and self-righteous people who act as if there is nothing weird about them, and as such they can persecute anyone they think is weird. WE'RE ALL WEIRD, and the sooner we embrace it and encourage non-harmful expressions of it the better off this whole world will be.
    Taking an acceptable situation which will continue to improve with time and letting it be is not "catering to bullies." I see no immediate need to change public perceptions of AB/DL-ism, because as a whole there are none. I'm fine with it being that way, and I see no potential benefit, and lots of likely detriment, from trying to change it.

If you want to make AB/DL more acceptable, don't start by targeting the vanilla public that can barely even fathom that some people like feet. A better idea would be to target people who are somewhat close to us, such as clearing up misunderstandings that some people in the general kink community have (thinking all DLs are ABs and vice versa, for example), or to participate in Pride parades (and I don't mean being an exhibitionist, I mean spreading information).

Better yet, strive to make incontinence more accepted, so that the resulting lessened stigma against wearing diapers helps us out indirectly.

I concur with SpringCircle. An outreach initiative is not where the priority should lie. Personally, I've never found much appetite for what I'm about to say from other communities, but it seems to me that a movement should focus on the wellbeing of members of our community.

That is to say, we know anecdotally that ABDLs as a group suffer higher rates of depression and are more likely to self-harm than the wider population, and that historical abuse seems a common backstory.

We know that there are significant proportions of profiles on some websites designed to lure people into sharing conversation, images and videos under false pretences for sexual gratification (I mean seriously, how many single lesbian 18-year olds with a 28-inch waist and a penchant for padded drawers can there be in the world?). And we know that whilst there are well-moderated and safe spaces on the internet like ADISC out there, we also know that the web is a place filled with some scary information.

If someone gave me 100,000 and told me to make a real difference to ABDLs, I'd look at establishing a charity focussed on ensuring the wellbeing of our community, drawing not only on support from the community itself, but also establishing links with trusted psychologists, academics and mentors. Online, we'd develop an information and resource hub capable of ensuring that the right information was available when our people most needed it. We'd work with community sites, online and offline shops and individuals to develop a new standard of quality assurance surrounding privacy, content and safeguarding young people.

But I don't have 100,000. I just have a sense that a video won't accomplish any of this.

I would be interest in seeing the video, I think people can only benefit by learning from others experiences. All this talk about not making videos because somebody might get upset seems to be slightly selfish. I don't want these videos because they might affect me, and that is completely the wrong way to look at things. I think the video is a good idea, if it makes even one person think about their preconceptions then it has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyAB View Post
    There are pretty much no jokes and ridicule now; the only ones I've ever seen have been in response to "PR" moves like this. AB/DL-ism is not a widely-known kink, and most people do not give a shit. Why would you want to change this? Do you honestly think that moves for "increased public acceptance" of a far-out kink which most people do not care about will have a net benefit over any timescale? If so, you're naive.
    If most people don't give a shit, then they won't start giving a shit because of a PR video on Youtube. I would also disagree about AB/DL not being a widely known "kink". It is very well known, trouble is, there's a lot of misconceptions about who we are and why.

It's not purely sexual, no, but it is largely sexual for a majority of the community. What, are you expecting the general public to make fine distinctions? Even if they did, would it make any difference in their reaction?
    I used to think so too, but I am seeing more and more that for many of us, it's more than just a sexual kink. For some of us it's not sexual at all, it fills other needs. The public can't make a distinction unless they know that there are distinctions. You can't blame people for being ignorant when there is little information to counter the ignorance. It may make a difference in how SOME react when they discover a friend or a relative is ABDL. Maybe that person won't be shunned or made to feel bad about who they are.

Realistically, what greater good do you expect to come out of this in the future?
    See my last point above. When our only public exposure comes from tabloid talk shows and people playing psychologist on sensationalist TV docu-dramas, we are not improving out own lot. We allow others to define who and what we are because we are unwilling to step into the light even for a moment to correct the misconceptions.

Widespread public "acceptance" is not possible in the current cultural climate, nor would I really ever want something significantly different than what we have now (most people not giving a shit) anyway - all we should hope/strive for is for the latent social disapproval to eventually disappear, and this will not further that cause. The only thing this can possibly do is change latent to overt.
    I don't share your assessment. I am not suggesting that we aim for widespread public acceptance. I am talking about AB's defining ourselves and offering better information about who and what we are so that those close to us have something a bit more accurate to base their own opinions on.

This is a private thing. You lose nothing by keeping it that way. There will never be a social climate in which you can parade it around in shows of exhibitionism, and honestly that doesn't bother me one bit.
    This reminds me of people who say, "you can be gay but why do you have to FLAUNT it?" Really, the parallel is just glaringly obvious. I am not talking about exhibitionism, parading around in diapers and so on. I'm talking about not having to feel the insecurity you mention because we're so wrapped up in what others may think if they find out. If you truly believed that most people don't care if someone else is ABDL then you would have no objection to a PR video because apathy is apathy. But the reality is, when faced with it, many people do have an opinion. I think they should have an informed opinion, and one that comes from those of us who are ABDL who can address the issue without the voyeuristic trainwreck-TV angle. if *we* don't put that out there, who will?

But that is just the thing; one of the main problems with being gay, socially, is that it is subject to widespread overt social scorn and disgust. The same is not true of being an AB/DL, and the only thing this sort of "PR" work will do is make it that way. I do not want it to be that way. You should not want it to be that way if you care at all for the peace of mind of all the people who are happy keeping this to themselves.
    I think you meant to say that being gay,socially, is NOT subject to widespread overt social scorn and disgust. But you're wrong. It still is in many places, even in the United States or other modern, first-world nations. It's not as bad as it once was in the US, but look at what's happening in Russia where, up until a few years ago there were no real issues with LGBT people outside of the normal knuckleheads that plague every country.

I would posit that those people aren't "happy" keeping it to themselves. They're about as happy as a cat hiding under the bed during a thunderstorm. As I said, there are people who are just private and this is what they do in their own space and time and that's great, but those people would not object to a PR video designed to offer education to counter ignorance and stereotypes about us. The ones who are objecting to these videos are doing so out of fear, not a desire for privacy. And besides, what's stopping them from remaining private about it regardless?

There is no peace of mind when every step you make is designed to make people believe you are something you are not.

This is not like homosexuality, in which everyone will know if your spouse is the same sex as you. There is nothing at all mandating that your AB/DL desires be publicly known and displayed. "Not being ashamed" does not mean "making a public spectacle."
    You forget, though, that even today, same-sex couples who hold hands or smooch in public the same way straight couples do are sometimes accused of "making a public spectacle". And for the umpteenth time, I am not talking about putting ABDL on grand display, but rather helping to create a climate where people don't feel afraid. Where we don't have to see topics every day like "How do I hide my diapers from my roommates" or "Help! Someone discovered my stash!". JUST LIKE BEING GAY, there are many instances where people who were discreet and private were found out through pure chance, some of them had their careers and lives ruined. But that doesn't happen as much because for the last 30 or 40 years, activists have been pushing and fighting and striving to create a climate where someone being LGBT isn't a big deal and isn't something that people need to hide from their friends and family, and that they don't have to make choices in life that run against their own orientation and desires just to keep a mask on and keep up the perception that they're "normal".

This is not a parallel of the AB/DL community at all. See above.
    I disagree, I see many parallels. There are some differences but when it comes to closets, they're all made of the same type of wood: FEAR.

Then what was that last paragraph all about?
    Because while there are similarities, there are also differences. My overarching point is that if you continue to treat ABDL as if it's something we should be ashamed of, then don't be surprised when attitudes don't change for the better.

You're not going to change minds from negative to positive. You're going to change minds from neutral/uncaring to negative.
    O rly? Because all the people I've told in real life have been really cool about it, and are willing to learn about it. I haven't told everyone close to me, but I've told those closest to me, those who matter most. Some have reacted better than I could have hoped and some remained neutral or or apathetic, but none have reacted negatively. Not one mind I changed went from neutral to nasty.

In doing this, the only thing one could possibly do is create an actual need for "PR work" where there was none before, and probably make life more difficult for a whole lot of AB/DLs while you're at it.
    That's the exact same line of logic that perpetuated gays staying in the closet. Just hide. Don't rock the boat. Don't stand up for yourself when you see others spreading hate, lies, and misinformation, or who are harassing and bullying gay people. It's the same exact fear. And for the most part, it's terribly unfounded.

The psychological well-being of people who, in the current state of things, would probably be just fine is a "lame excuse?"
    Yes. It's a lame excuse to suggest that OTHER PEOPLE should shut up about something so someone else doesn't feel put on the spot. I don't believe anyone's psychological well-being is at stake from a Youtube video.

It's not a question of "fault." It's a question of utility. I esteem that "PR" videos are a disservice to our community because they take what is generally an unconcerned reaction and turn it into an explosively negative one. Whether the reaction is the "fault" of the person making the video is completely irrelevant; the outcome is what it is.
    And it will always be, until something changes it. People fought and sacrificed for change. It didn't just walk up to them and greet them like an old friend. It was painful. People who put themselves out there faced terrible consequences for things that we now take for granted as part of a civilized society. All I am saying is, if someone doesn't want to be in the campaign for greater social acceptance or to promote a more personal understanding then that's fine, but don't make those who do feel the need to educate others feel bad by saddling them with the guilt of the closeted. That's not cool at all.

Taking an acceptable situation which will continue to improve with time and letting it be is not "catering to bullies." I see no immediate need to change public perceptions of AB/DL-ism, because as a whole there are none. I'm fine with it being that way, and I see no potential benefit, and lots of likely detriment, from trying to change it.
    Then don't try and change it. I don't agree, though. Acting like scared rabbits every time there's publicity about ABDL-ism is not an acceptable situation, and I don't think it will improve so long as the ones who do stand up and try to improve it are torn down not by negative reactions from the greater public, but from those within out own community who have grown accustomed to living in fear of others knowing their "deep, dark, shameful secret".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Springcircle View Post
    If you want to make AB/DL more acceptable, don't start by targeting the vanilla public that can barely even fathom that some people like feet. A better idea would be to target people who are somewhat close to us, such as clearing up misunderstandings that some people in the general kink community have (thinking all DLs are ABs and vice versa, for example), or to participate in Pride parades (and I don't mean being an exhibitionist, I mean spreading information).

Better yet, strive to make incontinence more accepted, so that the resulting lessened stigma against wearing diapers helps us out indirectly.
    I don't disagree with any of that suggested outreach, but we can do more than just aim for one group. Definitely agreed about the IC point, though.
    Last edited by MattiKins; 13-Aug-2013 at 21:08.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Well, here we go.

I am trying to represent AB/DL's to assist people in understanding us and in people learning to accept themselves better.

Needless to say, It's a tall order. It's dangerous ground to tread on as well.

Anyways, I have a first video where I finally show myself fully wearing a diaper. It was a long time in coming and took a lot of thought. One of the main things I want to stress to the world is that just because a person likes diapers... doesn't mean they are all diapers....

We are electricians, business men, successful contributors to society. We are all just people, with different needs and desires that do indeed confuse many people.

Anyways... the main issue is if I should put the video on my Youtube or not. I have done a search on Youtube and seen some extreme things by searching "adult diaper" that have been on for at least a year and are far more extreme than what I am uploading.

It's such a complicated question and decision since I want to represent ab/dl in a good light yet at the same time, I am just not reaching enough people. I guarantee if I upload this video I will reach more people. But, perhaps it's all of the wrong people?

Once again, I must reiterate that I am not worried about repercussions on my personal behalf. I am only worried of the AB/DL viewpoint as a whole, not myself. I can take any ridicule that can be dished out.

The video is me playing a game, some may have seen it already. Personally, I think it was a fun way of doing it.

But I want some opinions on this "touchy" subject. Ultimately, the choice is mine to make.

I will not post the video here, it is non-sexual in nature but I don't wish to plop it all over like an advertisement. If anyone wishes to see it before giving an opinion they can message me.
    Mitchey,

As you may be aware I am usually outspoken mostly against such outings - for various reasons. That just one aspect.
    On the other hand as a precursor to the following reply I also have to say that I have found your videos so far to be the rare show of someone who is able to talk about the stuff genuinely from heart in a fashion I think most people (even vanilla) will understand or at least not be put off about it.
    This is quite a feat in my book.

As an addendum to that precursory text above I might have to quickly indulge and give you my reasoning as to the "WHY" I PERSONALLY don't am in general favor of being "out there" / promoted etc.
    To me my DL side is a fetish (probably grown out of my IC need to wear diapers since forever), it doesn't differ to me from either a taste for latex or leather stuff to *some* degree.
    On another level the diapers are / have become much of a "comforting" item to myself, actually far more than they do anything sexual for me (it was a bit different when I explored my DL feelings at first, but that kind of grew "old" quickly... I still am "attracted" to the object, but not mostly for sexual motives).
    None the less it is something I consider to be a private choice - as I can indulge 24/7 (well I wear Pads during the day mostly, diapers at night - both for need...), well anyone can, there's no laws stopping anyone from wearing diapers... and it doesn't impact your daily life etc on any large scale (unless you do something out of line / stupid, but that's a different story).
    So personally I would gain NOTHING from people around me being aware about DLism or ABism or whatever...
    MAybe even it could have a contrary effect to myself (and a good number of IC people out there who aren't into the stuff). from doctors who will more easily think that diapers are a perv-item... to the general public who might at one point (if ABDL would be all out) would find it easy to target any incontinent one for ABDL and I can see how some wouldn't like that.

So with that said (well, written):
    I still think your videos so far have been really good - and that is why I say you SHOULD NOT publish the mentioned video of yours.
    Why? showing you in diapers takes this to a different level, and I can see and respect you highly, for not just going ahead with publishing it but rather first seek input on the situation.
    Whilst I still believe that if there's anyone out there doing videos about ABDL stuff who MAYBE could pull off a diapered video and still make a good point it would be you.
    None the less I think that it will, especially by the more vanilla people be received not so kindly.
    And besides, you have talked about diapers: and that is what I thought was excellent, you wore your everyday street clothes, your room - whilst playful looking - isn't a full blown nursery. you didn't do baby talk or any of that stuff that usually comes over as really creepy/weird to most....
    and thus I think you had a good impact / effect... as your audience will perceive you as a sane, regular guy, with some maybe weird but definitely not that bad interests.
    At least that is how in my eyes you have so far managed to come over to the general audience.
    Well I'm afraid doing the "same" thing in nothing but a diaper could basically ruin that effect, at least to the mostly vanilla audience.

Don't get me wrong - again I think you have so far done some really nice videos...
    so with the new one (diapers): just think it over... if you after letting it sit for a few days and rewatching it in lets say a week still think you should publish it - go ahead.
    But if you still have any, as slight as it may be, doubt: don't publish it.

good luck, with a not really easy decision!