Thread: Keeley's Introduction

Red face Keeley's Introduction

1. Hello! Who are you?

I'm a computer programmer by day, of sorts. I have a fondness for weak puns which I claim qualifies as a good sense of humour. I try to have a sense of perspective, as well.

2. What brings you here?

That's such a complicated question. I guess that I've always felt there's a real me and a fake me, and most people get to see the fake me most of the time. The real me has a life that I never got to experience, so I sometimes like to go back and imagine what it was like. But it's all bound up with a complex sexuality - I don't believe that personality and sexuality are separate entities - that likes the elements of control and power exchange involved. And also the being warm and snuggled and cared for feelings as well.

3. What are your other interests?
    I play Bridge, I've been learning to sail, I occasionally act in amateur productions of things... oh, and I spend too much time playing MMOs and other internet games.

4. What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?
    I think it's just wanting to find people to talk about this element of the real me (there are other elements of the real me that aren't appropriate for here), and to share experiences. I had my first time wetting a diaper today, and it was... a very intense experience. Especially because it had a cute picture of a butterfly on it.

Thanks for reading, and apologies if that was dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeley View Post
    1. Hello! Who are you?

I'm a computer programmer by day, of sorts. I have a fondness for weak puns which I claim qualifies as a good sense of humour. I try to have a sense of perspective, as well.

2. What brings you here?

That's such a complicated question. I guess that I've always felt there's a real me and a fake me, and most people get to see the fake me most of the time. The real me has a life that I never got to experience, so I sometimes like to go back and imagine what it was like. But it's all bound up with a complex sexuality - I don't believe that personality and sexuality are separate entities - that likes the elements of control and power exchange involved. And also the being warm and snuggled and cared for feelings as well.

3. What are your other interests?
    I play Bridge, I've been learning to sail, I occasionally act in amateur productions of things... oh, and I spend too much time playing MMOs and other internet games.

4. What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?
    I think it's just wanting to find people to talk about this element of the real me (there are other elements of the real me that aren't appropriate for here), and to share experiences. I had my first time wetting a diaper today, and it was... a very intense experience. Especially because it had a cute picture of a butterfly on it.

Thanks for reading, and apologies if that was dull.
    Hello Keeley, and welcome! I appreciate a good pun, one that makes the room groan. I think, though, that you're the first person I've encountered that actually plays Bridge. I mean no disrespect at all; I've just never met a Bridge player. It's funny though, they used to have a Bridge column in my small hometown's daily newspaper. It was usually about four paragraphs, and it would talk about the highlights of a game between the cardinal directions (maybe that's actually a thing in Bridge, I dunno). I enjoy Euchre. It is a very regionally popular game-i.e. people outside of Michigan apparently don't play it at all.

As for feeling like there's a real you and a fake you, I understand the feeling, but I wonder if there's a different angle to consider. I mean, there are many things that we don't get to experience right away, even though we'd like to. I never had Chinese food until I was 17. I grew up in a small Midwestern (U.S.) town, which meant that there were very few restaurant options and diets were very meat-and-potato based and very bland. It was actually a big deal when the Chinese restaurant opened in town, and when I say big, I mean controversial as opposed to exciting. When I finally got to try Chinese food, it was excellent, something for which I'd been waiting for a long time.

I wouldn't say I was living any less before I got to try Chinese food, even though it's now one of my favorite things. It was just a new experience. Same for diapers in some ways. I don't think it's possible for there to be a "fake" you. I mean, perhaps you've lived in incongruity, but really, they're just delayed experiences. I think at some point we have to acknowledge that the choices we make earlier in our lives affect who we are later in our lives. Those all become part of you, not fake or real, just you.

Or at least, my thoughts on it. You'll get a bit of that around here, and I'm sure you'll have a fine time. Welcome!