Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advise on wearing to the movies

Default Advise on wearing to the movies

I need some advice. I have always wanted to try wearing a diaper o go see a movie and using it while there if need be. However i don't go to movie often and since I'm going next week i was going to try it. But a relative is going with a i don't want him to know. Any ideas? Is it to risky? The only supplies i have are diapers, baby powder, baby oil, a 1 pair clear plastic pants.

Thanks in advance!

I highly recommend going to the movies diapered. Once you've done it, you'll wonder why you've never done it before. I think your best bet is to wear jeans (they really cut down or eliminate the crinkle sound), and a long, somewhat baggy shirt. You may want to stay away from the baby powder or heavily scented baby products since you'll be sitting right next to your relative and that could raise more questions than the diapers themselves.

Good luck, have fun and let us know how it goes.

Just for the sanity of others, please don't do a #2 in your diapers if you can control yourself, sharing that kind of smell with everyone just because you enjoy it isn't really nice for the others..

Aside from that, I've been diapered at the movies several times in the past, its really a nice relief when you need to pee really bad and the movie is in the best part, you can just relieve yourself and enjoy the movie rather than concentrating yourself on your need to go pee at the end of the movie...

Give us messers some credit, Cody, I wouldn't torture an audience with THAT... unless I was dragged to a movie that stinks even worse than my mess does.

I was sorely tempted to during Paranormal Activity. Hated that bore-fest.

Well, I would for sure go light on the powder if you're going to wear. It may be best to avoid it and just do it on your own, but keep in mind nobody is really suspicious of you wearing a diaper, so there's a low probability of you getting caught.. That is unless you're wearing light clothing or something that doesn't cover that area very well.
    I think you'll be safe if you wearing heavy clothing, just make sure you're not wearing anything really scented (Without masking the smell at least).

Quote Originally Posted by devinous View Post
    I need some advice. I have always wanted to try wearing a diaper o go see a movie and using it while there if need be. However i don't go to movie often and since I'm going next week i was going to try it. But a relative is going with a i don't want him to know. Any ideas? Is it to risky? The only supplies i have are diapers, baby powder, baby oil, a 1 pair clear plastic pants.

Thanks in advance!
    Baby Oil and Baby Powder... I'm IC (24/7 in either pads or diapers) and have NEVER (aside from childhood) used any of them... and I would not.
    The last thing I'd like to is to smell like a baby... and the scent is kind of strong.
    if you're worried about your SKIN: get a proper barrier cream / zinc cream... one made for adults (3M makes a good one: Cavilon).
    Not only do those products actually protect your skin from prolonged contact with urine ... (or worse) ... but they're actually made for adults and don't smell like baby stuff.

So that's one aspect.

The others are this:
    wear a diaper that is comfortable and field tested.
    If I rarely get a different type of diaper or pad than the ones I have come to trust, I'd thoroughly test them for some time (if I can) before I choose to use the product outside from home/family...
    In your case... drink your average stuff that you'd do at the cinema, wear that diaper, sit on a chair and wet.,... see how it works.
    do this a few times and you'll know how the diapers you have handle the situation... if it's 50% leaks, you know that you'll most likely leak at the cinema.

Noise? rarely an issue... honestly the "crinkle" - most poeple never notice, and the few who do rarely know what it is.
    So I wouldn't worry.

Bulge though, well that I would worry about... if your diapers are crazy thick - they probably aren't invisible (depending on how attentive your friends are).

Quote Originally Posted by devinous View Post

Thanks in advance!
    I'd suggest making sure you know your diaper's capacity. Put one on without the plastic pant and sit in a chair for 2.5 hours (ride before and after takes time too). Now whenever you have to pee, pee. Do not stop until your time's up. The time being up represents you getting home from the movie. If the diaper doesn't leak then you should be fine. Also try hard to maintain tight legs when taping. When sitting the rear of the diaper around your legs will be the leaking point. And if it's more than a few drops it'll probably spill out of your plastic pant and soak into your clothing.

I'll admit, I am developmentally disabled, so I'm not likely to think like a neuro-typical. Autistic as I am, I never put in much thought about foregoing the baby powder. I have worn either Luvs or Pampers diapers as a pad, and they had a strong baby powder scent back in the mid 1990's. Although their scent was very obvious, I never received a single negative comment from anybody. In fact, I got the same amount of respect from them as anybody else did, who did not have a disability. I was known to achieve some very strong, and positive performance appraisals at work when I was wearing protection, and not so much when I was doing without. That, of course, could have been my self-confidence and my greater ability to concentrate on what I was doing, rather than how I felt physically, or how I was influenced by any outside sensory input. I think the baby powder, along with the scent of the Pampers at the time, helped mitigate a lot of the negative environmental factors and helped improve my work performance.

one thing, rember to put the diaper as TIGHT as you can, even if it leaves a mark, that way you make sure it won't leak, unless it comes from the top but i skip the platsic pants, its gets hot in that and it don't pervent leaks

I never used to use baby powder, but if I go 24/7 for a few days I find it really helps. I just get regular J&J, it doesn't really smell and makes wearing for prolonged periods of time much more comfortable.

I also wear to the movies all the time, usually thick Abena m4's or molicare xplus. It is great, and you will want to go to the movies diapered every time after that!