Thread: Not Sure If I'm An Adult Baby. Trying To Figure This Out.

Question Not Sure If I'm An Adult Baby. Trying To Figure This Out.

I'm brand new here. I don't know if I really fit in here or not but I figured you guys would be able to tell me what category you think I should be in.

I'm 18 and in college. For the last couple of years as I grew up and started getting jobs and paying tuition and becoming independent, I've felt myself just wanting to be babied and taken care of. When I'm really stressed out and I vent to my boyfriend about all the things I need to get done, and he says "I can come over and help you. I could do (task) while you sit back and relax. I'll take care of you." it just gives me little flutters in my heart and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about him taking care of me. He loves taking care of me. When we go out to eat together he'll always pop food in my mouth. He loves feeding me and sometimes I just think about how nice it would feel to lay in his arms and let him feed me and just relax and be all snuggly warm and cared for and loved.

Another thing that got me wondering was that I have worn diapers a little. See, I've always had issues with leaking overnight when I've got my period no matter how hard I try to avoid it. So one day I happen to find free samples of adult diapers online and figure that would be a perfect solution. I mean, if I can try something for free, why not, right? So the first night I tried wearing a diaper to bed, I remember having this really warm and fuzzy and nice feeling in my stomach, especially because of the stretchy waist of the diaper over my hips and belly. I just loved having something soft and snug against my belly. The feeling completely caught me by surprise. Lately I've been looking forward to having my period and wearing a diaper to bed. Thing is, I would never wear a diaper under my regular clothes. Just does not appeal to me at all. I don't want to wear a diaper to pee or poo in. I just wore one to keep blood off my sheets, and really liked how soft and nice it felt to wear.

Another thing is that I keep having this weird fixation on unborn babies. I just keep thinking about how nice life in the womb must be. Just sitting in there all warm and soft and cozy and safe. Just resting and growing and knowing every second that you are loved. I love writing stories for fun, and lately I've found myself doing something really interesting. I wrote a short story about a couple that goes through struggles as they await the birth of their first baby, and I finished that story. Then I re-wrote it from the point of view of the unborn baby and the things that it would be able to feel or hear from inside the womb. Like at one point, the girl is asleep and her boyfriend comes up and just rubs her belly and whispers "I love you" to the baby and then feels the baby start moving in response, and from the baby's point of view you see that it knows this guy is its father and the baby already feels love for his father and is moving in the womb to try to get closer to his father. I especially got warm and fuzzy writing about how the baby begins to love his father as he starts to recognize the voice, and learns that this is the man who has been taking care of his mother, and by extension, taking care of him. Just a bunch of really cute fluffy harmless stuff. And it's so weird for me because I've never wanted to have children or be pregnant for any length of time, and I've always been pro-choice (think what you guys want, I don't want to start an abortion debate here!). Every night when I fall asleep, I make a little cocoon with the blankets and think about how a baby would feel as it fell asleep in the womb and I think about that until I feel secure enough and safe and happy and I can fall asleep.

I think a lot about how much fun it would be to sit around and just play with toys with my boyfriend. Just spread a blanket out on the carpet and play with blocks or stuffies or something like that. But I get scared that he wouldn't want to do that with me or he'd think I was being silly or something, even though he has never been anything but supportive of everything I do. I even told him about how I'll wear diapers to bed when I'm on my period and he said that was a really smart idea to keep my sheets clean. Wasn't weirded out or grossed out or anything.

I've always felt this longing to be taken care of. To make a long story short, I had a really terrible childhood. Dealt with a lot of emotional abuse that almost drove me to suicide, had depression and anxiety and suicidal thoughts and I self-harmed for years. Which all resulted in me distancing myself from my abusive family and becoming self-sufficient from a young age. I always took care of myself. I mean, my parents kept me clothed and housed and fed, but I would avoid being around them and just get all my own business taken care of all on my own. I would often forget that I could ask my parents for help with things like school work, problems with friends or teachers, or even medical problems. I always took care of myself, so I think that left a desire to just be able to relax and have no responsibilities and just be babied and loved and cared for. I missed out on a lot of care.

Sorry about how long this post was. I'm just really confused about where I belong here and where I should go from here. If you guys have any questions for me don't be shy! I'm really looking forward to meeting you!

Welcome to the site arizona. From your description I can say you probably are an adult baby. When I first joined the site in March I too was rather confused about these new feelings I'd discovered I had. I know what you mean by that warm fuzzy feeling... Back in December or January I was reading an ab themed my little pony story and got that funny feeling in my chest... So that's pretty much how I ''knew....''

You'll find that you'll fit in in no time though! Feel free to browse and ask questions, we're here
    to help!

Hello arizona138 and welcome to the group.

You have come to the right place. We are a support group, and you can find answer to a lot of your questions and find like minded people to talk to.

This is a very detailed introduction. could you please tell us a few more things about yourself like hobbies and other interests.

If you like writing we do have a fiction area for story writing.

I hope to see you in the forums and again welcome to the group.

Well.... I love wearing cowboy boots and I live in Canada right now but want to move to Arizona in the future. I love rock music and my favorite bands are The Misfits and Danzig. I have the biggest crush on Glenn Danzig even though he's way older than me. I work at a gas station and I love my job cause I don't have to be nice to people hehe. I'm working there to keep myself earning the tuition money for college. I'm starting my addictions counseling course in a few more weeks. I've got a weird kinda 'fusion' accent. Mix of my parents accents, Newfoundland and Nova Scotian. So I speak with a twang and a slur and talk way too fast and swear a lot. My boyfriend loves my voice. Also, he's fun to listen to. He's Mexican-Spanish-Filipino-Japanese. He lived in the Philippines until he was 13 and he talks really slowly compared to me. We're quite a pair. He's this big calm Asian-Hispanic guy and I'm this little blonde girl that won't stop yelling and swearing and jumping around everywhere.

Hi Arizona.

You talk about not knowing where to go from here. The good news is that you're not on a deadline. I don't know if this is your first foray into exploring the online community, but if is, seeking out like-minded people to consult was a significant step and if I were in your cowboy boots right now, I'd probably be satisfied that I'd done that. I've been here a couple of days now and I have to say everyone's very friendly and honest.

Before bringing your boyfriend in on this completely, you need to be sure of exactly what it is you want from all this, and if you want him as a part of it then you need to be able to clearly articulate it to him. Just bide your time and make sure you explore this on your own first, so that you know who you are.

He sounds like a great chap though.

Anyway, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankin View Post
    Hi Arizona.

You talk about not knowing where to go from here. The good news is that you're not on a deadline. I don't know if this is your first foray into exploring the online community, but if is, seeking out like-minded people to consult was a significant step and if I were in your cowboy boots right now, I'd probably be satisfied that I'd done that. I've been here a couple of days now and I have to say everyone's very friendly and honest.

Before bringing your boyfriend in on this completely, you need to be sure of exactly what it is you want from all this, and if you want him as a part of it then you need to be able to clearly articulate it to him. Just bide your time and make sure you explore this on your own first, so that you know who you are.

He sounds like a great chap though.

Anyway, welcome.
    Oh, he's fantastic. He has never made me feel bad about anything ever. Even when I make him do weird stuff like I'll randomly say "Hey know what might be funny? Let's go to the sex shop in the gay district!" most guys would feel uncomfortable but he just doesn't care and he'll go along with it just to satisfy my morbid curiosity of what will happen. I joke with my friends that our relationship works because he does whatever I say. He's my bitch. (Is that word PG13? I think it is. I know they say it in The Simpsons and that's how I measure what words I can say and where :P )

All I'd really want out of this would be to get babied by him from time to time. I really feel this desire to be taken care of in times of stress. I feel like when exam time rolls around again and I'm stressed to the max, if he could come over and I could just lay down and get fed and cuddled and loved by him, that would make me so happy. Even just for an hour or so. I might even want to wear a diaper and an oversized t-shirt while he takes care of me. I know for sure that I'm weird about bellies. I love chubby bellies. He's a bigger guy and he's got this potbelly that I think is absolutely adorable. I love touching and rubbing his big warm belly and he doesn't mind at all. I have actually said the words "I want to be babied by you" to him and he's okay with that and super supportive already, but I don't know if he realizes the full extent. I've always been a person who takes on the world single-handedly, so to be able to just rest and have no responsibilities and just enjoy myself for a little while when things get tough would be awesome. I think I'd just have to explain it to him gently, especially the diapers. I know that he'd get really uncomfortable if I were so hardcore into this that I would soil diapers and want him to change me, so I've just got to make sure he doesn't think I'm into that. No offense to anyone who is, but soiling diapers does not appeal to me at all. But for some reason I feel like just wearing a regular clean diaper for a while, then saying I soiled it (but not really) and having him change me into a new clean one seems like it might be nice. Just entertaining it as a thought makes me feel all happy inside.

Well hey, sitting in a pile of your own doing isn't a prerequisite. It may be something that you take to when you fall into the right headspace; it may never be. Whilst my wife likes wearing nappies (you'll forgive me for not saying diapers, its just... not the right word for it here), and wetting them, she chooses not to do the other. Many times she doesn't even wet, and sometimes when she's in the right mood to be looked after, nappies, dummies (pacifiers), bottles, sippies or even clothes aren't even necessary. At its core, its about being nurtured, and getting that right is the important bit.

So you want to wear nappies sometimes. Do. Enjoy it on your own, or around him, and don't make a fuss. So you like being looked after; ensure you get cuddles in a way that makes you feel babyish; cradled. He sounds like he'd be inclined to like that. You don't need to "come out;" just stretch your legs with this instead.

He'll let you know if he gets uncomfortable with anything. But this next bit is important too; if he's uncomfortable, you have to respect that. And as you explore this, remember that you have a relationship that comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankin View Post
    Well hey, sitting in a pile of your own doing isn't a prerequisite. It may be something that you take to when you fall into the right headspace; it may never be. Whilst my wife likes wearing nappies (you'll forgive me for not saying diapers, its just... not the right word for it here), and wetting them, she chooses not to do the other. Many times she doesn't even wet, and sometimes when she's in the right mood to be looked after, nappies, dummies (pacifiers), bottles, sippies or even clothes aren't even necessary. At its core, its about being nurtured, and getting that right is the important bit.

So you want to wear nappies sometimes. Do. Enjoy it on your own, or around him, and don't make a fuss. So you like being looked after; ensure you get cuddles in a way that makes you feel babyish; cradled. He sounds like he'd be inclined to like that. You don't need to "come out;" just stretch your legs with this instead.

He'll let you know if he gets uncomfortable with anything. But this next bit is important too; if he's uncomfortable, you have to respect that. And as you explore this, remember that you have a relationship that comes first.
    I really like that idea. I'm not into diapers sexually at all. It just feels very comforting and nice to me when I have something snug and soft against my belly. In fact, when me and my boyfriend get intimate, I'll sometimes tell him to gently press his hand down on my stomach, right in the uterus area, because I like the feeling. I really love the idea of just feeling nurtured and cared for and protected and he is very much a protector for me. I have an ex-boyfriend who was an absolute scumbag and treated me like crap, and when I told Francisco about him, he got so angry. He looked about ready to find his house and kick his ass. Never ever did confront him, but he loves me so much that it kills him to think about someone mistreating me.

I would never ask him to do anything that makes him uncomfortable. I get worried sometimes that if I tell him about how much I do sometimes want to get cared for and babied, he'll make that jump to "oh Lord she's going to make me wipe her ass" or something. I can see myself wearing a diaper around him, but it would be a once-in-a-year kind of headspace I'd have to be in. When we get intimate it's just all very normal and vanilla. Just cuddling, kissing, touching, etc. No kinks or anything. So I worry that if I brought this in, he'd think it's a sexual need, when it's an emotional want.

So I guess if I have anything that's adult baby in me, it's very mild and just every now and then. Still doesn't explain my weird cuddly squishyness about unborn babies though, but I feel like that's connected to how I love being touched on my belly, especially right around where my womb is.

You sound like you're coming to realise what it is you want; question is, what's your next step?