Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure What IC is

Default Not sure What IC is

Ok so I know the clinical explanation of IC but honestly it just seems so... well clinical. My little is IC, I don't know if the IC prompted her to be AB or not but the two go hand in hand with her.

My question here is what practical restrictions, if any, can IC place on a relationship? Does it restrict what the IC individual can do? Please could you share some experiences, just because I want to better understand the condition. I would ask my little but she is on vacation at the moment and I don't want to ruin it with serious talk hehe.

And please forgive me if anything I have said here is insensitive. It is never my intention to give offence.

First lets define IC or incontinence
    unable to restrain natural discharges or evacuations of urine or feces.
    Those of us that are IC can be urine, bowel, or both. I think urine is the most common.
    The only restriction I find is I MUST have some form of containment as I wet without knowing it. You soon learn to judge how wet your little is and when you will need a change. This can present some interesting problems depending where you are and what the changing facilities are.
    It is different for each person. As far as doing things I decided that I was not going to let my IC run my life. I can do 99% of the things a normal person can do.
    For me and my wife the AB side is something that developed after years of me being in diapers just to add some spice. I welcome you and think you are on the way to a good relationship because you care enough to want to make your relationship work.
    Hopefully you will be able to find the answers to all your questions.

I think Ringer pretty much covered it. The big thing is the diaper changing, don't let any one be in a used diaper to long. Messy ones seem to be the worst on the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    I think Ringer pretty much covered it. The big thing is the diaper changing, don't let any one be in a used diaper to long. Messy ones seem to be the worst on the skin.
    I'd like to add on top of this to air out once in a while too and keep the area highly moist. This will reduce give the body some quality time to heal instead of being in a diaper 24/7.

Thank you all for your replies I know my little doesn't let her IC slow her down but it's good to hear from impartial sources so to speak. I especially like the idea of airing her out sometimes as krone6 suggests hehe. Everyone on this site has been so friendly.

I have been IC for over a year and it's really not stopped me doing anything that I did previously. I just have to plan ahead and take supplies with me, make time for toilet breaks etc. I've even been abseiling (rappelling) whilst diapered. It's a hassle sometimes, but it's not a disability.

Downtide, good response.

As a subscriber to the notion of the social model of disability, I was wondering if you believe that a lack of adequate changing facilities presents a problem for people with conditions like yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Jankin View Post
    Downtide, good response.

As a subscriber to the notion of the social model of disability, I was wondering if you believe that a lack of adequate changing facilities presents a problem for people with conditions like yourself?
    I can tell that it is a problem at time trying to change is a stall. Like any other disability there should be more accommodation's made for us.

I have been incontinent for years now. I have not let it stop me. I get nervous about changing on public. It is not easy to change in public and it would be nice to have private places to change. And airing out in very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankin View Post
    Downtide, good response.

Lack of adequate changing facilities is a difficulty but again I don't consider it a dealbreaker. I will always prefer to use a disabled changing facility if one is available. But I've changed in the stalls in busy clubs and pubs, I've changed in those horrible portacabins at festivals, I've even changed in the bushes out on a hike. Anything is possible.