Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attends

Default Attends

In my personal opinion, these are the best. What does everyone else think?

I have always liked Attends. I didn't like the thin one that they had after one with the blue tabs. Are they back to being thicker again? would go back to them if they are.

I loved the Attends. They had such a babyish look and feel to them. Nice thick padding and super soft plastic.

I used to like them, and then they went to hell. Leaking like a sieve. I don't know what happened.

the last European M10's I had have a rally weird fit, the sides are huge.

used to really like them though, super soft plastic.

I've been getting the regular Attends through Medicaid. So far, all of them have been defective in fluff placement. They have a machine that's out of adjustment, and they apparently don't care. It's been that way for years. They do have a somewhat pleasant scent to them, however. But that's the only credit I can give. I also got some 4" x 12" generic liners along with them, but they don't increase the absorbency nor do they add to comfort. If anything, they reduce comfort by adding a huge lump in the center of the product. I a may just throw the generic liners in the garbage, and use what ever I can of the Attends.

I also have some Tena Ultras, which have better quality control. However, they are wafer thin and feel like an abrasive scrub pad against my skin. So, I really can't use those either. I will be seeing my doctor about writing a letter to Human Services, so that I can get an increase in food stamps when I go to purchase the next case of Abenas. I will also be getting a sample of the Bambino Bellissimo, which I hope I can have qualified for the food stamp increase as well. I can only have one brand of medium adult diaper, because the doc doesn't want me to "get confused". So, I am going to go with the best regardless of whether it's an "ABDL" product or not. I need what works for ME and my AUTISM.

If I DO manage to get that letter from the doc, then both the Tenas and Attends, along with the worthless "inserts" will go in the dumpster. They're not even worth GIVING away.

I still use them for my day time diapers and I had no problems. I do miss the old Attends with the blue tapes.

It would be nice if Attends Health Care would at least take a more serious look at their quality control. I will try giving them a call, just to see if they're willing to listen. I still need to work on that prescription, though.

Attends was my diaper of choice back in the day- late 1990s until they disappeared from store shelves and before I was able to find them on the internet. Last package I used of Attends was 2000 or so- give or take.

Attends had a better feel than Depends way back when and I liked them... I only wish diaper companies would realize that some of us do prefer a thicker diaper than a thin, flimsy piece of shit that does not protect very well. I have not used Depends or Attends in YEARS. Last time I used Depends was in '06 when on a lark I bought a bag and hid it in my backpack on the way home from work. My diaper of choice is Abena now.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    It would be nice if Attends Health Care would at least take a more serious look at their quality control. I will try giving them a call, just to see if they're willing to listen. I still need to work on that prescription, though.
    If they are getting most of their money through Medicare/Medicaid or SSI/Disability I don't think they will care much about QC because their payday is guaranteed. They can cut corners and hence, cut cost on quality and increase their profit margin because getting a guaranteed government contract insulates them somewhat from consumers voting with their wallets. This is why I think contracts should be re-upped every year to make sure that the quality doesn't suffer. I could be mistaken on this, I really don't know, but I'm just hazarding a guess based on how many times other government contracts ended up being too expensive with questionable quality in the results.