Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shaving as a guy...

Default shaving as a guy...

so i have a full grown beard and mustache as i hate shaving. yet i hate the beard and mustache but would rather not shave. so i have not enjoyed a pacifier in about a years time because of it, or a bottle, but will enjoy a sippy cup every now and then. the act of shaving is just annoying and you have to do it frequently to keep it down. i do not see a purpose for beards any more yet our body still produces them.

one of the main reasons is i have no motivation to shave. i had enjoyed pacifiers for a short time in the past but the mouth cramps of baby pacifiers not being the correct size attributed to that.(duh) not buying one of those nuk thingie ones that are closer to the appropriate size.

so now every time i get payed i have been ordering one baby item(past week i ordered M3s) to add to my collection and thinking of ordering a correctly sized pacifier so doing research on what kind i should buy

if anyone with advice on shaving(i am looking at nair) or just general hate of it please share

people with pacifier information and opinions on particular brands please do not just say i like x brand because of blah blah blah give me and the community a proper wall of text. it does not have to be perfectly formatted...

also after looking at what is offered on the market. i am not happy with what is offered for my taste in said product

looking to fund the production of a better product
    searching google to draft a design professionally. looking for someone with good skills in drafting and design

tl;dr i hate having facial hair and looking for good pacifier brand for adults(give proper reason not why you like x brand)
    Last edited by Zebus; 10-Aug-2013 at 08:14.

I believe that the NUK5 is designed for adults. I used to get cramp in my jaw when I used my baby pacifiers, but that doesn't happen with the NUK5 unless I use it for a very long time. They also fit better in the mouth which makes them work better as an actual pacifier.

They come with a plain white shield normally, but some adult baby suppliers offer ones modified with custom shields. You might want to look into getting one with a larger shield as they tend to stay in position better than ones with smaller shields.

I've used my Nuk 5 just fine with a beard/mustache. I just never look in a mirrored surface while doing so.

However, plain Nuk 5's feel slightly better with facial hair clean shaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I've used my Nuk 5 just fine with a beard/mustache. I just never look in a mirrored surface while doing so.

However, plain Nuk 5's feel slightly better with facial hair clean shaven.
    well maybe it would be ok if i have a bit of stubble/5 o'clock but full on beard/mustache is ya no, just does not work for me

would you guys be willing to post a picture of a nuk 5 in the palm of your hand next to a baby pacifier?

I prefer to have a clean shaved face. I like my Nuk 5 a lot too! When I have a beard or a mustache I look older.

i have no experience with baby products or what im about to reccomend for that matter. for hair management if laser removal isnt an option then there is no no hair by radiancy. ive looked into getting the no no hair for managing pubic hair, the only real drawback is the price, 300 dollars. its said to work quickly and painlessly and it has good support from users. basically instead of shaving it conducts heat through the folicle down to the root which not only removes the hair but also inhibits the growth of hair in the future. it doesnt completely stop hair growth but it slows it down, and when it does grow back its thinner and softer than b4 like when u first grew hair. also it says that the more that u use it the longer it takes the hair to come back, reported by some to be as long as 6 weeks. this is definitely something id consider to manage my body hair but given the cost its a little out of my budget for now.

Quote Originally Posted by askmelater47 View Post
    i have no experience with baby products or what im about to reccomend for that matter. for hair management if laser removal isnt an option then there is no no hair by radiancy. ive looked into getting the no no hair for managing pubic hair, the only real drawback is the price, 300 dollars. its said to work quickly and painlessly and it has good support from users. basically instead of shaving it conducts heat through the folicle down to the root which not only removes the hair but also inhibits the growth of hair in the future. it doesnt completely stop hair growth but it slows it down, and when it does grow back its thinner and softer than b4 like when u first grew hair. also it says that the more that u use it the longer it takes the hair to come back, reported by some to be as long as 6 weeks. this is definitely something id consider to manage my body hair but given the cost its a little out of my budget for now.
    ya i saw that product to and was unsure of using it but nair has been around longer i think and has had alot more use...

Ok, personal grooming advice rather than dummy (pacifier) advice coming at you here from this Daddy.

There is no getting around it; even with the best razors in the world, shaving a full face of hair is an unpleasant experience. Follicles are pulled as much as they are culled, and if your skin is sensitive like mine, then you're not going to enjoy it. I shave about once a week to keep myself presentable for work, and even that is enough time for growth to become unruly and shaving to become painful.

Pal, there's only one way to do it. Ritualise. You can hack away at your face with some rubbish disposable razor, or worse rub it with an electric razor and try to ignore the way your face starts to heat itself from the inside...

...or it can become a ceremony. Now for an AB, I can imagine this might be tricky - particularly if you're 24/7 or a "heavy user." The thing about shaving is that its a man's activity, so you have to completely get rid of any AB head space thats going on up in your brain. There are two outcomes from a shave; smooth skin and a manly satisfaction. You need to be comfortable with the latter.

For me, its about tools of the trade. If my growth has been particularly long, I like to reset the clock with a visit to a barber with a steady hand. There's nothing as smooth or as refreshing as a cut-throat shave, but its a difficult skill to learn yourself. I'm still honing down the art. But until I do, this is my number one buddy:

Merkur 34C Heavy Duty Classic :: Double Edge Safety Razors (DE) :: Razors :: The Shaving Shack

You'll also need plenty of this:

Taylor of Old Bond St Shaving Cream (Sandalwood 150g) :: Shaving Cream :: The Shaving Shack

You'll also need a good guide from the internet of how to go about handling your facefuzz, given that its been a while. And make sure you've got the right scent for when you've finished.

Don't do this last thing before bed though, dude. Do it before a meal out, or a few drinks. Make sure you've got a nice shirt ironed and ready to throw on. Consider it a ManParty.

(Then get home and get your nappy and jammies on, but we'll gloss over that right this second).

Quote Originally Posted by Zebus View Post
    well maybe it would be ok if i have a bit of stubble/5 o'clock but full on beard/mustache is ya no, just does not work for me

would you guys be willing to post a picture of a nuk 5 in the palm of your hand next to a baby pacifier?
    Adisc's guide to pacifiers

Just a note to anyone shaving with a DE razor, check the blade gap, it should be even and equal on both sides of the razor. If its not then please do not try and shave with the razor because you will be in for a world of hurt.

Before anyways asks, yes I have seen many DE razors that are either crappy made or just worn out. I have ever got razors brand new and sent them back because the blade gap has been totally off.
    I personally shave everyday with a gillette 195 (fatboy) which is a razor from 1960 and even that needs love and care to keep it shaving nice.
    At the weekend then its time for a nice Dovo cut-throat to come out and give myself a pampering shave.

Its also worth noting that with DE razors they do need a nice bath about once every few weeks, the soap does build up on them, no matter what you use.

Also as an easier way to a cut-throat razor, there are shavette razors you can buy, which a lot of barbers are using now. They just take a DE blade snapped in half and don't require any of the stropping that is normal with a straight-edge razor.

I do have to say this... I have shaved with both DE razors and cut-throats below my neck, I have shaved my pubes with them both and trust me when I say, unless you are very very skilled then just stick with a normal razor for down there.
    Besides its the hair on your face that is the toughest on your body, and normally kills razors.

Also the no-no is not like a laser which heats the hair root and destroys the hair follicle itself. The no-no is in effect a hot wire suspended between two holder sections, (I will add here that I have used my colleges no-no as a solder remover on a hairdryer PCB once) it is not safe for anywhere like the pubes or crack. It does however work fine on smooth areas like the arms and legs, but I would not put it anywhere near my face, underarms or crotch even if you paid me.