Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never tried cloth diapers

Default Never tried cloth diapers

I've never tried cloth diapers as I grew up when plastic backing was used on disposables and that is what I was put into. I've always wanted to try cloth diapers but part of the whole diaper experience is the crinkly sound the diaper makes. I was wondering if there is a plastic pant that is loud and crinkly like that so I don't miss it? Thanks so much for your replies.

Hey there well i ware both plastic back and cloth and i would have to say i like the cloth back ones better as they feel more like a baby nappy eg pampers and when wet the nappy becomes saggy like a pampers or huggies and its not for every one but i like how soft the cloth back nappies are i wear the age uk adult nappies or LIL care for cloth back and for plastic back tena slip max or cuddlz AB nappies. With plastic back i get a little to hot wearing them as they don't let any air in but i do like the crinkle you get from them that you don't get from cloth back but then when your out and about that can be a good thing. sorry did not really answer your question. But cloth back nappies work better for me and is worth giving a try. little leo

There are several types of plastic pants out there that are loud and crinkly. Here's a site that has several. Fetware Products Superior Incontinence Protection | Buy from Fetware Products, Llc.

Quote Originally Posted by Timid77 View Post
    I've never tried cloth diapers as I grew up when plastic backing was used on disposables and that is what I was put into. I've always wanted to try cloth diapers but part of the whole diaper experience is the crinkly sound the diaper makes. I was wondering if there is a plastic pant that is loud and crinkly like that so I don't miss it? Thanks so much for your replies.
    It doesn't get louder than this

It's very, very, VERY loud. I own it and there's no way you can hide the fact there's something under your pants. It sounds most similar to very loud shopping bags. Keep in mind PEVA is less stretchy than PVC, so you may want one size larger than you normally get on pvc. I think i have the medium and it fits an Abena M4 perfectly for me to give some reference.

I've always used both cloth and disposable .. I love them both A nice soft terry nappy pinned into place with plastic pants feels very babyish for bed (but that's what mom used when I was a baby so I guess I'm used to it - disposables were only really for going out I think she was trying to be environmentally friendly or something) PVC pants have a crinkle even the soft ones make some noise. You really just have to try them, there's plenty around. They also work well with cloth pull ups too.

I wear cloth all the time, and my plastic nappy covers are very thick, and white, and yes I can hear them as I walk, I love it, not too sure others can hear either,, but who cares, it's about us

Quote Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
    I like that they mention Dioxin as being an issue. It's really quite astounding where you can find traces of it in the world now; Last year I did some environmental sampling on Acorus Americanus and Acorus Calamus (Also known as "Muskrat Root" or "Calamus Root"), and we found Dioxin in all but one test sight, the one it wasn't present in was rich in heavy metals, though. Sort of sad when wild medicines get contaminated by byproducts of industry.

Anyhow! /endthreadjack

Also - Cloth is awesome, if you don't mind staying on top of washing them. Best advice I can give is this: Invest in 1 or 2 diapers, if you like them, gradually buy more. 5 or 6 is all you *really* need. (More is nice, though, if you intend to wear them regularly.)

Avoid All-In-Ones if you want an easier time too, they tend to be harder to wash/dry properly, and almost always rely on Hook and Loop (Velcro) enclosures, which wear out rather quickly compared to pins.

There are some great cloth diapers out there. I have a couple of the insert types and love them, they are so soft and cozy, makes me feel snug and secure. The one I just bought have a hemp/cotton insert, great for absorbancy and you can remove the insert for easy cleaning and drying, but you do need to wash the hemp/cotton inserts seperate from the diaper for the first eight washes on a high temp (eg 95degC) to strip the hemp of the natural oils and get it to its full absorbancy. You don't want the hemp oil mixing with the diaper in the wash. Also best is to dry cloth diapers in a dryer on high heat... but I still need to get a dryer for myself, waiting for the specials . Without a dryer they can take all day to dry.
    As for plastic pants, there are many to choose from and some can be very noisy and crinkly and others can be quiet such as PUL fabrics. Depends on your preference. You can also go with pullups or ones with snaps. I prefer the ones with snaps myself as it feels more babyish. Try find ones with good leak guards around the legs whichever way you decide to go.
    I always wear plastic pants now if I am padded for bed, even if I wear disposables. Try them out, I'm pretty sure you will come to love them

brand-wise, Gary .007 have a fairly nice crunkle to them, but i've always found it best to make my own pants, if only for the noise, as most manufacturers are geared towards discretion in their products.
    suitable materials are what you find, where you find them. cheap shower curtains are often quite noisy, as are body-bags (do you really want ask?), but you may need to factor-in fitting plush/fabric elastics as the stiffer materials can irritate.
    a fairly recent good find was:
    Attachment 17998
    although quite thin and soft (and therefore comfortable against the skin), the material is very noisy, even under clothes. as an experiment, i also ironed two layers together to make a pair of pants and the noise produced is considerably more full-bodied.

Amazon.com: Baby Pants Gerber White Adult Pullon Plastic Pants - Medium: Health & Personal Care

I love cloth! My wife has made Sundays cloth diaper making day. I just love her custom jobs. Anywho, to your question, Normies have pulled many a hair out because of how noisy the linked-to pants make. I'm getting some soon, so can't comment, but they seem......pretty loud.