Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What book(s) are you reading at present?

Default What book(s) are you reading at present?

Seeing as we have a "what TV shows are you watching" and "what games are you playing", I thought a thread about reading might be in order. Currently, I am reading 'Enemies, a history of the FBI' by Tim Wiener, 'The Clash of Civilisations and the Remaking of World Order' by Samuel Huntington, and 'Dune' by Frank Herbert.

So, what are you reading?

Kingdom Keepers: Disney at Dawn.

I already read the first book. I'm a huuuuuge Disney fan though. I have been for as long as I can remember.

Lets see right now "the leather stocking tales: last of the Mohicans"

I'm on a steampunk kick right now. I've recently finished the "Burton & Swinburne" trilogy by Mark Hodder, and now nearly finished the "Bookman Chronicles" by Lavie Tidhar.

Steampunk is what happens when goths discover the colour brown. -- Jess Nevins

The first three books in Frank Herbert's Dune series are brilliant! I've been rereading a few books. Fight Club, The Host, and the last Harry Potter book.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

I'm almost done with that one, but I'm a slow reader! Took me a long time.

Not sure what's next on the agenda.

EDIT: I have just recently been notified by a certain nameless Dr. Who fan that "2007 called and it wants its book back."
    Last edited by Frogsy; 08-Aug-2013 at 21:33.

I'm currently reading; Ageplay: From Diapers to Diplomas by Paul Rulof, Boundaries by Henry Cloud & John Townsend, and Bikers by Dave Ebert
    and I just finished reading Boundaries in Dating by Cloud and Townsend.

Heh =), a kinda cheesy one.

Night Road from Kristin Hannah (the translated name is way different... funnily = "like flowers in the wind", roughly translated from german.)

Actually I like it a lot, but as I already said it's a very emotional and touching story... You have to like this stuff or you simply hate it probably.
    Nevertheless it's kind of well written and deeply moving.

The book I read from most recently was 'Doctor Who: The Year of Intelligent Tigers' by Kate Orman, it's an Eight Doctor Original Adventure, however my main reading project atm is 'Never Had It So Good: A History of Britain from Suez to the Beatles 1956-1963' by Dominic Sandbrook. It's not that Sandbrook is dull or too heavy - he's as good and as readable everyone says he is - but even before I started spending half my life on the internet I rarely read more than 100-150 pages of a book in any one go.