Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can i make things less 'clinical'?

Default How can i make things less 'clinical'?

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    So a bit of explanation first, my boyfriend is aware that I'm into this sort of thing and has been very accepting of it. Thus far we've only done one thing though, which consisted of me getting really nervous and embarrassed, putting on a diaper, freaking out mildly, calming down and then sleeping together (literally, not a euphemism), so nothing too major.
    Thing is, there was one bit that did weird him out a little: the diapers I have (Tender Night) are white with blue product codes printed onto them. In short, very clinical, to use his exact word.
    He has said that he could get used to it, but to be honest I feel like he's already done more than enough just by accepting me, so I'd really like to find a way I could make things less weird for him. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that adult diapers are made with incontinence in mind when it comes to 90% of the market. Most of these products are made to be used for their intended purposes, that being said there are some diapers out there which are entirely white with no markings on them, products such as Bambino - Biancos. Which have no markings on them and are all white diapers. Hopefully this helps you out a little.

ColeDL

Or you could go with a Bambino Classico, Bellisimo, Teddy, etc. or a Cushies, Super Dry Kids, etc. if you would prefer the babyish look.

Cole

Thanks for the suggestion. I know of Bambino and ABU products. I'd love to get them if I could, but with shipping and everything they'd be ridiculously expensive, and I dont have an address I could send them to atm. Actually, I've shown them to my boyfriend, and he thinks they would get rid of the weirdness factor for him - he's into cute - but its just not something I can afford. I was more looking for ideas of things I could do to make what I have better (or an alternative that isnt over the top in terms of price).

Unfortunately, if looking "cute" is a factor, you won't find a much better deal than Bambinos. Relative to Depends, they may be expensive on a per unit basis, but I can't think of another ABDL-type diaper that comes close to the value of Bambinos. Regrettably, that's the price we pay for wanting specialty, designer products.

If you want cheap and cute but are willing to accept lesser performance, you could just try some XL-sized GoodNights. They fit up to about a 30-32" waist on an adult, but they're a very tight squeeze and might be a bit uncomfortable.

Also note that Bambino will pay for standard USPS ground delivery. You pay for any expediting. I know you don't have a home address, but you can ship them to another location (office, dorm, or elsewhere). They use very discreet packages with no identifying product labels, so no one would be the wiser. Just play it off as "clothes" or something. :-)
    Last edited by PaddedPat; 08-Aug-2013 at 10:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimble View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I know of Bambino and ABU products. I'd love to get them if I could, but with shipping and everything they'd be ridiculously expensive, and I dont have an address I could send them to atm. Actually, I've shown them to my boyfriend, and he thinks they would get rid of the weirdness factor for him - he's into cute - but its just not something I can afford. I was more looking for ideas of things I could do to make what I have better (or an alternative that isnt over the top in terms of price).
    There are also special tapes that you can buy online, but you can also use decorator/novelty designed duct tape to decorate. (Hello-Kitty) is my favorite...and also you could try putting cutesy stickers on your existing diaper...or even fashion some type of cloth diaper cover. The latter would be reusable and save on accumulated costs...though the stickers are pretty cheap at 1$-stores, party-favor stores, and craft stores!

Have fun,
    -Marka

The cheapest option is to use a 'clinical' diaper, but to decorate it yourself. You can use a pack of stickers, or colourful stamp (pawprints everywhere is a good one), or printouts of diaper tapes from the internet. Just get creative and see what you can come up with!

A little bit of wrapping paper in the design of your choice and some clear packing tape is also a cheap and easy way to decorate any diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    you can also use decorator/novelty designed duct tape to decorate. (Hello-Kitty) is my favorite
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Marka, would you be able to show me an example of what you're talking about here? Sounds like an easy way to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimble View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone. Marka, would you be able to show me an example of what you're talking about here? Sounds like an easy way to do things.
    Sure Mimble,

Search "Hello-Kitty duct tape" ...I google

Available at many locations such as...
    Staples
    Wal-Mart
    Target
    Walgreens

If you switch to search results in images, you'll find ways it's being used...including finding things here...

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...aper-tape.html
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...er-tape-2.html

-Marka