Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The last time you were in a crib as a kid.

Default The last time you were in a crib as a kid.

Do you remember the last time you wer in a crib as a kid>

Mine would be twice when I was 6

The one time at home, I was sick and for some reason mine and my brothers room was tore up If I remember right my parents were putting up new paneling. But I was sick so my mom had lay down in my sister crib.

The other time was when I was in the hospital and in the children's ward they had in a hospital crib. That would be the first time I seen older kids in diapers.

My last time in a crib was also in a hospital. I think I was six or seven.

i was made to sleep in what was called a "hollywood bed" (much like a crib but with half-sides) until about age seven as i wet the bed most every night i think. the bed wetting didn't stop after that, i just out grew the bloody bed. and i also learned how to hide it and was shamed into doing so....

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    i was made to sleep in what was called a "hollywood bed" (much like a crib but with half-sides) until about age seven as i wet the bed most every night i think. the bed wetting didn't stop after that, i just out grew the bloody bed. and i also learned how to hide it and was shamed into doing so....
    Ha, you have brought back memories. I had a Hollywood bed, because I remember my parents calling it that. I don't remember the sides however, so maybe they could be detached. I remember having the thick plastic sheet on the mattress, but I think they called it an oil skin, back in the day. The bed also had an upholstered headboard, though I think it was vinyl.

Oddly enough, I think I can remember being in a crib, and actually being diapered, because I can remember my mom telling me to quit squirming or I'd get stuck by the diaper pin. Amazing, huh?

May bed wetting started about when I was 12, at 14 I started to hide it. I was tired of being called lazy, even a few spankings a long the way. No kids should be make to feel a shamed of something they have no control over.

Don’t know that they’re still made, but I slept in what was called a Youth Bed till dry at night. It was somewhat shorter and narrower (Google says 33” X 66”) than a standard twin bed with guard rails. The rails extended eight or so inches above the mattress and ran only for a couple feet at the foot and head of the bed to prevent rolling out.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Ha, you have brought back memories. I had a Hollywood bed, because I remember my parents calling it that. I don't remember the sides however, so maybe they could be detached. I remember having the thick plastic sheet on the mattress, but I think they called it an oil skin, back in the day. The bed also had an upholstered headboard, though I think it was vinyl.

Oddly enough, I think I can remember being in a crib, and actually being diapered, because I can remember my mom telling me to quit squirming or I'd get stuck by the diaper pin. Amazing, huh?
    i had forgot all about that stinky rubber sheet until you reminded me, DogBoy.....
    my mother thought by leaving me to lie in the cold wet puddle i would learn to stop i think. and that rubber sheet was good at keeping one wet and cold. but i will never forget the night that my Father came in and with out saying a word, got me out of bed, took the wet sleepers off of me and whill i was standing there; un-tucked the the other end of the bed (the foot of the bed) and put me in that end and tucked me in and then went back to bed Himself..... needless to say it was warm and dry and ever so comfy. and i slept the rest of the night away.
    and so started my life-long love/hate-affair with my Father, and all "Daddy-Types". when i look back on it it's hard for me to fathom, but that one event formed what has been my emotional and sexual attraction to Dominant protective men my whole life. the special bonding that i shared with my Father are the thing that look for in others before i will trust or submit to their authority in my life.....

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    May bed wetting started about when I was 12, at 14 I started to hide it. I was tired of being called lazy, even a few spankings a long the way. No kids should be make to feel a shamed of something they have no control over.
    from what i have read, a lot of bed wetting in young kids starts as a result of abuse....

Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    Don’t know that they’re still made, but I slept in what was called a Youth Bed till dry at night. It was somewhat shorter and narrower (Google says 33” X 66”) than a standard twin bed with guard rails. The rails extended eight or so inches above the mattress and ran only for a couple feet at the foot and head of the bed to prevent rolling out.
    yup!
    that sounds like a hollywood bed to me....
    my little brother got to sleep in a big bed while i was put in the little hollywood bed in order to shame me out of bed-wetting. in all truth, my mother didn't want to admit her own culpability in my bed-wetting. but that is another story.....
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 08-Aug-2013 at 18:53.

the last time i slept in a crib was at age 3 or 4 I can't remember exactly
    does anybody have pictures of a Hollywood bed, I never heard of one before they sound cool.

Quote Originally Posted by wetatnight View Post
    the last time i slept in a crib was at age 3 or 4 I can't remember exactly
    does anybody have pictures of a Hollywood bed, I never heard of one before they sound cool.

some pictures (examples) of what were called hollywood beds when i was growing up. they were a bit hard to find and in one case, i had to redact the image of a person out of one of the pictures as per ADISC rules.... but all-in-all, these are an example of the youth or hollywood beds of the 50's and before.....

Attachment 17986Attachment 17987Attachment 17988
    Attachment 17989
    Attachment 17990

My parents replaced my crib with a bed on my 3rd birthday. I remember that day. My mom was putting the bed together and doing the sheets and trying to tell me how I was a big girl now, hehe. I do not think I felt upset or anything, not that I can remember. I just remember kind of not caring and/or being confused. She did something really smart, though. Before she left the room she put a few children's books on top of the bed and so naturally I got right up on the bed to read them. So I never had any crib-desires and still don't care much about that aspect of being ABDL.