Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emotionally Impaired

Default Emotionally Impaired

I mentioned in my last post that the school had labeled my has being Emotionlly Impaired.

Just what is that.

There is an old rule some where that says Boy's and Men are not suppose to cry. I broke that rule a whole lot of times as a kid

By the school calling me Emotionally Impaired was a polite way of saying I was a Cry Baby.

I never could under stand why men and boy's are not suppose to show emotions. I;m a very sensitive and emotional person. That does not mean that I'm less of a man because of it. I think it shows that I have fellings and i'm not afraid to show them.

I have tried keeping bottled up. No one wants to be around that person when the bomb goes off. When any one holds it in for to long something is going to give.

Everyone has Emotions and should not be afraid to show them. For Men it only means that you are human.
    Last edited by kennyrallen; 08-Aug-2013 at 01:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Astra View Post
    Snipped
    If someone seeks help we should not tell them to "bottle it up" That can be very unhealthy. If you guys don't like the threads, it is simple enough to not comment on them rather than post unhelpful comments that do nothing but belittle and hurt people.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 11-Aug-2013 at 01:24. Reason: snipping quote

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    I mentioned in my last post that the school had labeled my has being Emotionlly Impaired.

Just what is that.

There is an old rule some where that says Boy's and Men are not suppose to cry. I broke that rule a whole lot of times as a kid

By the school calling me Emotionally Impaired was a polite way of saying I was a Cry Baby.

I never could under stand why men and boy's are not suppose to show emotions. I;m a very sensitive and emotional person. That does not mean that I'm less of a man because of it. I think it shows that I have fellings and i'm not afraid to show them.

I have tried keeping bottled up. No one wants to be around that person when the bomb goes off. When any one holds it in for to long something is going to give.

Everyone has Emotions and should not be afraid to show them. For Men it only means that you are human.
    hello Kenny....
    (((((big Hugs))))

ADISC is a good place to unload the burden of decades as you seem to be doing. something that i myself have really never completely done. i know it's hard for me to strike the right balance between control by keeping the past in the past, and freedom by letting the past out in the light of day as you have here. but i am lucky in that i have my Wife to unload on every once in a while.... most people don't. in point of fact, She knows more of my history than i do as my memory is still quite compartmentalize.

in short, as long as you are posting here, i will be reading those posts...... (soft smile).
    lodge wrecker....

Snipped
    greetings my dear fellow;
    my i encourage you to keep in mind that this is a support community, and that as such airing on the side of empathy and kindness in responding to others might make better sense....
    LLW....
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 11-Aug-2013 at 01:28. Reason: snipping quote

In current society it really doesn't make sense, but it still exists in our genes and probably will for many generations. As politically incorrect as it is to say, male and female are biologically different and in my belief carry genes from our ancestors that still influence out behavioural tendencies, which in turn probably influences societies perception of what is "manly" and what is "womanly".

That said, screw society. If you wanna show your emotions, I say go for it. Things don't change unless people stand up to silly ideas.

Personally I'm your stereotypical guy in regards to emotion. The whole "boys don't cry" thing was never pounded into my head or anything, I've just never really been all that in touch with my emotions. It was actually a contributing factor to my breakup with my last girlfriend (she was literally upset that I wasn't upset about something.. but that's a whole `nother story).

The real head twister for me is I've had more emotional reaction to tv and fiction than to things in real life. I think the closest I've actually come to tearing up in a while was that episode of Futurama with Fry's dog. Close second was an MLP fanfic. A psychiatrist could probably have some fun with that...

Sometimes I cry during movies. Sometimes I fly-off-the-handle and curse when frustrated. Sometimes I laugh till im choking. Sometimes I'm sad and down upon hearing bad news. Sometimes I nearly lose my bowels before a chess game that I'm sure I'll lose. Sometimes I pump my fists in jubilation after hearing good news.

If feeling emotions makes me abnormal then I shun the idea of acheiving normalcy. I like to feel human and know that I have feelings. I like to know that I can express them.

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    If someone seeks help we should not tell them to "bottle it up" That can be very unhealthy.
    Except that he isn't seeking help. His post doesn't ask for advice. It's simply a declaration of victimhood: "I cried as a kid, boys aren't supposed to cry, that's unfair." There's been a bunch of recent threads like this that have nothing to do with ABDL, that don't ask for help, where the thread-starters simply enumerate their problems and flaunt their sense of victimhood. It's self-pity without self-reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    greetings my dear fellow;
    my i encourage you to keep in mind that this is a support community, and that as such airing on the side of empathy and kindness in responding to others might make better sense....
    LLW....
    Support doesn't mean being nice and empathetic no matter what. In this case, the OP is letting his disabilities and bad childhood define him. If you gush with empathy while someone reopens 50-year-old wounds, then you aren't supporting him. You're enabling him.

Except that he isn't seeking help. His post doesn't ask for advice. "..."..."
    Though lacking question marks...there are at least two questions that I saw in OP's opener.
    Enabling is a susceptibility here, but I've missed where and when that conclusion can be drawn just yet.

If the thread/post is so offensive to you, that you can't help but respond with your irritation, or offer constructive questions and comments; give appropriate rep, or report it...or, start a new thread, or blog post going into why you really feel the way you do now...how is that the OP's issue?

What do you intend to accomplish with this?

Except that he isn't seeking help. His post doesn't ask for advice. It's simply a declaration of victimhood: "I cried as a kid, boys aren't supposed to cry, that's unfair." There's been a bunch of recent threads like this that have nothing to do with ABDL, that don't ask for help, where the thread-starters simply enumerate their problems and flaunt their sense of victimhood. It's self-pity without self-reflection.

Support doesn't mean being nice and empathetic no matter what. In this case, the OP is letting his disabilities and bad childhood define him. If you gush with empathy while someone reopens 50-year-old wounds, then you aren't supporting him. You're enabling him.
    Well stated however I somewhat admonish or am confused at your intent.

I wonder why you peruse such topics only to litigate it's course. Yes, the original content would have been best inscribed as a blog but it certainly is not deserving of such accute discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by ilostthesheriff View Post
    Well stated however I somewhat admonish or am confused at your intent.

I wonder why you peruse such topics only to litigate it's course. Yes, the original content would have been best inscribed as a blog but it certainly is not deserving of such accute discourse.
    Nicely put!, and if I may add Under the title of Mature Topics...

Debates & sensitive discussions. Politics, religion, social justice, marriage, etc, as well as people seeking advice.
    This forum has especially high standards for maturity, tact and thoughtfulness.
    Bold, my emphasis...

I would suggest that perhaps the OP started a discussion on social justice

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    I would suggest that perhaps the OP started a discussion on social justice
    Yes, quite so. While I am not always tactful I try to keep my brain between my ears.

(if there is one in there at all)