Thread: Score!!!!

Default Score!!!!

Craigslist came through in a big way. Replied to an ad where someoone was selling diapers by the case for $30, 96 per case. Now, they are not the greatest, but they are double-tape poly-coated and are perfect for daytime wearing. I was a little hesitant because the size, to rated medium and span from 32 inch to 44 inch waist. I'm pretty close to a 44, So I brought along with diapers I normally wear to compare sizes. It look close enough so I bought a box. I tried one on, and its snug, but otherwise not too bad. I'm going to have to wait till after work to test the capacity.

The best part of this, is that I may have a regular hook up for diapers. The woman I bought them from has a teenager who deals with incontinence. she gets two cases of a month through her insurance. However, she doesn't use those diapers that often so she ends up with many more than her son could possibly use. It looks like I might be a regular customer. :-) it's going to be awhile before I have to put those awful big boy pants on again.

When I first became incontinent craigslist was an amazing help so I totally agree with It being a fantastic resource. Found another incontinent person right around my same size right in my area. worked perfectly to get extra diapers before I got them through insurance.

Okay, just did a test run. So far, no leakage. However, I dare not pee anymore. These diapers a good for one average to slightly bigger than average wetting. When I change in a few minutes I'm going to put a booster pad in there. One thing I like about the tightness of the diaper is it there's no room for liquid to leak out of the leg gathers. It's a pretty tight seal, I cant get my fingers in between the elastic and my leg. If I'm going to wear these throughout the day and use them, I'll probably have to bring a few spares with me. Which is perfectly fine by me.

- - - Updated - - -

Upon completing to change, I noticed that these diapers hold a lot more than they look like they can hold. The key is distribution. I still wouldn't trust them overnight, but for daytime use they leak a lot less than store brands tend to. The tapes are fairly strong, and the plastic is flexible. So far, no blown tape and no plastic tears.

The only complaint I have, it's a common one, is that the absorbent material inside can break down in humid conditions, or when I get sweaty, and I'm moving in and out of my car. But it wasn't that bad. For the price I paid, I can certainly live with these.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    The only complaint I have, it's a common one, is that the absorbent material inside can break down in humid conditions, or when I get sweaty, and I'm moving in and out of my car. But it wasn't that bad. For the price I paid, I can certainly live with these.
    Let us know if you find said disposable diaper... I've had very poor luck finding a medium thickness disposable that doesn't start to clump up (and start to accumulate in the crotch) after a few hours of mild activity and sweating.

I guess it depends on what you do... If you're a landscaper, use cloth. I just get in and out of my car all day. The motion makes the absorbent material break up and clump up near the top of my butt. Actually discovered a plastic split along the rear indicator slip on my second diaper today, but it was small and that area didn't get wet.