Thread: My fiancÚ wants to try cloth diapers

Default My fiancÚ wants to try cloth diapers

I've seen multiple threads about cloth diapers, but unsure if there's a difference or a particular brand that may fit a woman best.
    What and where should I get them?

She doesn't plan to wet them or anything, just hang around for now and warm into the whole diaper thing a little better. She wasn't so hot on the full size diapers, and goodnites where just a tad to small (thanks to her awesome butt lol)

Suggestions would be great!
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turrock View Post
    She doesn't plan to wet them or anything, just hang around for now and warm into the whole diaper thing a little better. She wasn't so hot on the full size diapers, and goodnites where just a tad to small (thanks to her awesome butt lol)
    Given that she seems to want something trim-fitting and doesn't plan on wetting, one suggestion would be to skip on diapers and go for training pants instead. Baby Pants makes some very good ones in a variety of prints. They're available in two thicknesses, with the thickest ("My First") being the better part of an inch thick once washed. Be sure to account for shrinkage when ordering, though! I have a couple of pairs of these, and they're quite functional as diapers if worn with waterproof pants or diaper covers.

Another option (I haven't tried these, but several here have and like them very much) would be the Dependeco All-In-One cloth diapers. They come in a ton of prints and, like the training pants, are contoured like underwear and won't be too bulky.

Of course, there are a ton of other cloth options. My own preference is for the old-school, pin-on style of cloth diapers, but I'm thinking this probably isn't what she's after.

She is looking for the snap style. We just noticed some people on etsy make to order but we want them now >
    Velcro looks pretty nice and seems common but she wants snaps.
    And thanks, if we can't find anything else then the dependeco ones really look nice!

Edit- Also does anybody know anything about flannel ones? She likes that idea

First off, let me say congratulations on having such a wonderful fiancÚ! You say the goodnites were actually too big on her? Has she tried a disposable baby diaper?

-Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    First off, let me say congratulations on having such a wonderful fiancÚ! You say the goodnites were actually too big on her? Has she tried a disposable baby diaper?

-Gus
    No, too small lol
    Her booty is to big to get it in there :p

Quote Originally Posted by Turrock View Post
    She is looking for the snap style. We just noticed some people on etsy make to order but we want them now >
    Velcro looks pretty nice and seems common but she wants snaps.
    And thanks, if we can't find anything else then the dependeco ones really look nice!

Edit- Also does anybody know anything about flannel ones? She likes that idea
    If your talking about the Dependeco flannel ones in AIO I have several of them they are nice and soft. You will find with the Velcro closures you have more adjustability in them rather
    than snaps.

If you want cloth diapers blow off etsy to expensive and have to wait go with snap ez cloth diapers and you can have them in three days they ship in plain white packaging and good prices and lots of sizes hope this helps

Thanks to ole man I ordered a dependaco!
    Should arrive Monday, very excited!!

I just received my first cloth diaper from Dependeco and I can say that I am impressed! Everything from the turnaround time to get to my house and the quality is awesome. I've never tried cloth before and my "care bears AIO" is so soft and fits me great with plenty of room for tummy expansion, since I'm trying to put on some weight. Very nice lady to deal with.