Thread: Yes, There’s an Air Force Class Flying With My Little Pony Patches.

Default Yes, There’s an Air Force Class Flying With My Little Pony Patches.

Turns out pegasi aren’t the only ponies that fly, thanks to a squadron of pilots-in-training in the U.S. Air Force who are now wearing My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic-themed patches on their flight suits.

That’s right. Class 14-05 at Vance Air Force Base in Oklahoma is making the skies a little friendlier with the rallying cry that “flying is magic,” thanks to their brony-approved pink and purple “My Little Pilot” class patches, which–true to the spirit of the friendship-themed Hub TV show–is meant to create a bond amongst the pilot class.

“The purpose of a class patch is to develop camaraderie, morale, and unity within a pilot training class,” First Lt. Tom Barger, a public affairs officer for Vance, told WIRED in an email. “It is a token of esprit de corps.”

Yes, There's an Air Force Class Flying With My Little Pony Patches | Underwire |

My Little Pilot, now that is Cute. Flying is Magic.

wow! vance fighter pilot patches are awesome and clever. i get to go there once in a while - that's where i was when i drew my profile pic :-D