Thread: traveling with diapers

Question traveling with diapers

hey friends,
    just thought I would ask you guys if you have traveled with diapers before? I was thinking of packing some on my next trip but was worried about the luggage scanning...do they show up, have you had your luggage searched because of them!? thanks for the input!

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagrl View Post
    hey friends,
    just thought I would ask you guys if you have traveled with diapers before? I was thinking of packing some on my next trip but was worried about the luggage scanning...do they show up, have you had your luggage searched because of them!? thanks for the input!
    Typically the things that set off airport scanners are food, liquids, metal objects, and electrical wiring (e.g., the cord for an electric razor). Diapers won't make the scanners go off.

They searched my luggage once while I was carrying diapers. The TSA woman zipped my suitcase open, looked through it for a few seconds, and then when she saw the diapers she immediately zipped it shut and handed it back to me. She didn't take the diapers or anything else out. If worse comes to worst and they search you while you're carrying diapers, you can tell them you want it done in private.

Or maybe just go with the thrill of getting caught. You will never meet the person working at the airport ever again and they don't know anyone you know.

Yep, I've passed through several international airports with diapers in checked luggage and hand luggage. Nobody has ever stopped me, and if they did why would they care? they just assume you are incontinent. I've worn through security lots of times too, no issue.

Well mate, I'm IC and travel a lot - mostly work related - but also on my spare time

And one thing is certain: DIAPERS ARE NOT ILLEGAL.
    They might be an embarrassing item - depending on the situation and your mindset... but nothing more.
    There are no laws anywhere that forbid an adult to wear diapers for whatever reason. Same goes for latex and leather and other stuff... it might not be "the norm" but if you fancy wrapping your butt in saran wrap instead of tighty whities, it might be "odd" to some, but hey, you don't break any laws - neither at home nor on any airport.

So your bag might be flagged for searches (for whatever reason) - you can ask for a private screening (at least on most western airports)... usually if anyone sees my diapers/pads, there are no questions... and the few times there are: "I'm incontinent".
    There's no way to proof / disproof it on the spot and I guess most will not push the issue any further.

I carry an extra set of plastic underpants in my carry-on. I left a bottle of water in there once by mistake and they opened it up to retrieve it. She went right by the plastic underpants and removed the water bottle and said thanks and have a great day. If you are looking for a thrill of being caught (I am not) you will not get it with TSA or other security folks. They have bigger interests than your undergarments.

Ive been through the new scanners while wearing a diaper through TSA security. Had no issues.

They honestly don't care at all, I've traveled diapered on my last trip to Disney in jan 2012 and for a cruise in april 2013 and also plan on doing it in my next trip to Minecon 2013, that's simply not their business at all, they have better things to do for our safety than checking someone that wears diapers, I wouldn't try to go wearing baby clothes, that would ring their bell somehow I guess, but a diaper is so much a need on a crowded plane especially if you get stuck on your seat because the plane is in a rough zone and there's no way to go to the restroom, I was really glad I was padded on my last trip. The funny part is on my return trip from my cruise, the passenger next to me was a young mother with a cute 9 months old princess, she was very quiet the whole trip, sadly it wasn't the case of all the kids on board but I never heard her except while landing and her mom just gave her a bottle and she was ok.