Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I have on my mind...

Default Something I have on my mind...

This has bothered me for sometime and I just kind of needed to talk about it. It's no secret around ADISC I have some friends that are into conspiracies and believe them with a feverish passion and have on numerous occasions called me a 'sheeple'.

One even called me a traitor because I don't support Ron Paul or other Liberty movement figures. I believe I may have made a post on that subject because I was so distraught after the incident.

I have since decided to distance myself from these friends for a while to give myself a break... and time to reflect. I have wondered if anyone else has had to do that; take a break from friends because you felt like they were pressuring you on your belief system.

That was one of the reasons why a few weeks ago I had issues with a member who has since been banned- because when I come to ADISC it's for a chance to escape, forget about my RL friends and hang with fellow ABDLs and not worry about conspiracy theories. That; plus I was not sleeping well at that time and very short-tempered.

I decided that I'm going to take a break for a while and do my thing. I have a lot of projects I'm working on that have relaxed me; projects such as model kits I've been building of famous warships and some books I've been reading as well. I have felt better since I decided to distance myself from my friends in the so-called Liberty movement and those who believe in conspiracies.

I wonder if anyone else has had to do that; take time off from friends because of the pressure you felt from them to believe things that you quite frankly don't?

And if so, what were there reactions to it all? I just tell my friends I'm busy and don't have time to talk... seems to be working thus far.

WildThing121675

The thing with people that are into conspiracy theories is the fact is they put so much of them self's into it and if any one dose not go with what they are saying no matter if they are friends or not they will turn on them. sheep asleep the words of a conspiracy theories being they know every think that is going on in the world that normal people dont see and that be any think form chemtrails to reptilans illuminati ufos nibiru world order black projects MIB haarp wonder weapon bilderberg group majestic 12 group. you get what im saying lol. The fact is your friends are down the rabbit hole and have taken to many red pills sad to say not much you can do about it but may be distance your self a little may be a good thing just for a little bit. Wish you the best and i'm shore your friends will come around to the fact that your not into what they are pushing on you. hugs little leo

There have been times that I have had to stay away from people to save my own sanity. Has for some bulling any one on this site is against the rules. Has for Ron Paul and his son Rand I think they are both kooks. People who want small government are always the first ones with their hands out when something happens.

The problem with government is those who crave and abuse power are the ones who get involved while whose who would run things fairly & honestly tend to stay out of it.
    It's just something we have to deal with.

I keep up with the news but I know there's little I can do about what's happening in the world. I refuse to become involved in endless and meaningless debates about something I have little control. I would rather concentrate on my own life and do things that are constructive. I have been known to build a model or two.

I personally am a fan of Ron Paul and his movement but I don't believe in conspiracy theories. He makes a lot of sense and almost all of his ideas are pretty good. I am more offended by people who support big government and the corrupt policies lawmakers pass today. I am not a libertarian though. I do like most of the ideas that libertarians have except the part where there has to be a government. I am an anarcho-capitilist and think the world would be a lot more efficient that way. No one telling you what you can and can not do. It is pretty ridicilous when the government thinks they know what kind of foods are better for you. They support the big companies like Monsanto which is feeding people genitically modified food which is horrible for you.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    hello Wildthing;
    from everything i have read of your''s, i don't think that your "sheeple"...

one thing that i have always kept in my thoughts when dealing with others....
    "those who can, do... those who can't, teach, preach or talk...."

just maybe some of your friends fall into the latter category. maybe they are so full of verbose words because they find their lives are a bit void of meaning. really the only important thing is that you know the difference. and that you have the "courage of your convictions"... which you seem to by all i have seen you post on ADISC.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism
    is this what you mean?
    Yes that is what I mean. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

as a patriot and former member of my Nations front line fighting Forces, defender of what you read above and all that follows that preamble; i am sworn to defend the above..... i duty i both volunteered for and take very seriously.

unfortunately (or not), anarcho-capitalism as i read it runs contrary to what i have sworn to defend with my life. that is what i think of it.....
    I totally see where you are coming from but the way I see it is government will always become corrupt. The founding fathers laid it out perfectly for small government. Look what has happened today. There is no way a government can exist by the people for the people.

It was not my intention for this to become an argument about the government... but about taking a break from friends! GOD, I hate when people deviate from the topic and try to spread their views rather than sticking at the topic at hand. All I was asking was if someone else has had to take a break from friends because you disagree with them. This was not intended to turn into a political fight.

WildThing121675

To update my situation; I've been spending time on things I enjoy, relaxing and feeling better. That has helped, plus avoiding the politico discussions in general has helped. PLEASE STICK TO TOPIC, DON'T TURN THIS INTO A DEBATE!!! And PLEASE no GMO discussions, I'm tired of that BS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    It was not my intention for this to become an argument about the government... but about taking a break from friends! GOD, I hate when people deviate from the topic and try to spread their views rather than sticking at the topic at hand. All I was asking was if someone else has had to take a break from friends because you disagree with them. This was not intended to turn into a political fight.

WildThing121675

To update my situation; I've been spending time on things I enjoy, relaxing and feeling better. That has helped, plus avoiding the politico discussions in general has helped. PLEASE STICK TO TOPIC, DON'T TURN THIS INTO A DEBATE!!! And PLEASE no GMO discussions, I'm tired of that BS!!!!
    I've had to take a break from friends and family...some of it permanent...

...I believe the word is foist...when someone is attempting, or succeeding at foisting their opinions, or beliefs on you...I don't think that they are truly being friends!

There's my answer
    -Marka