View Poll Results: Are you going to watch Obama get inaugurated?

35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a ticket!

2 5.71%
  • Yes, I'll be in DC but not with an official ticket.

2 5.71%
  • No, it's too far away or expensive.

19 54.29%
  • No, he's a communist.

12 34.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody going to the inaugural?

Default Anybody going to the inaugural?

Just as the threat title asks, anybody going to DC on Jan 20th?

I got lucky and scored a ticket from my congressman. Woo!

Anybody going to join in the parade route, watch from the national mall, etc.?

No I'll be playing video games.

I would like to go because I've never been to one and this is the first year that I voted too... but I'll be staying home.

I would rather not go. Although I appreciate the importance of ushering in a new political era -- and I would honestly love to go (despite my differing political views) as part of a smaller audience -- I don't want to have to deal with the fuckwittery of the people who are going to be down there. Washington, D.C. aggravates me enough as it is (seriously, who makes their city streets like a pinwheel), so I'll gladly watch from home, wander the streets of the Capital Wastes in Fallout 3, and enjoy my own special January 20th.

Have fun, Izzy!

(Oh -- I voted "No, he's a communist," even though I don't think he's a communist, but it was the closest thing I could think of for, "Going to it just isn't my thing.")

I wish, my sister really wants to go down there and see it but there are going to be sooo many people and I highly doubt I would get to see anything..

-The Sun-

There's an ocean in between, or two seas!