Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First pacifier?

Trollbear

Default First pacifier?

So most of us here have a pacifier. And Those who don't might wish to get one.

Well, for those who have them, what was your first pacifier (after infancy) and where did you buy it?

For those who don't have one yet, which one would you most likely want?

For me, my first pacifier I bought was a pack of 2 gumdrop pacifiers, bought them at CVS.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollbear View Post
    So most of us here have a pacifier. And Those who don't might wish to get one.

Well, for those who have them, what was your first pacifier (after infancy) and where did you buy it?

For those who don't have one yet, which one would you most likely want?

For me, my first pacifier I bought was a pack of 2 gumdrop pacifiers, bought them at CVS.
    I used to sneak out and buy pacifiers with my parents money without them knowing. I even stole it once (this was elementary school after I got my first bike, it's part of my past I'm not proud of.) but I started saving up money and would still sneak out to buy them. I've had so many stash's in my past. In this current stash, my first one was a blue Gerber soft center binky from my local supermarket. My first adult baby binky was from Inner-Child and I received it on my 18th birthday!
    Last edited by BinkyBoi; 05-Aug-2013 at 03:34.

My first after infancy was a pack of pink and yellow Nuk 3's, purchased at Walmart by my mother.

I got my first one from the local supermarket (Acme). I got it along with my normal weekly shopping so it wouldn't standout. I have no idea the manufacturer or size. I'm not sure I even realized at the time that they came in different sizes. I probably walked down the baby aisle and grabbed the first pacifier I found.

I found my first pacifiers at a theme park (I think it was in Canada's Wonderland), I cleaned them and started using them, I remember that 1 of them was probably a Gerber size 1, it was so tiny I could fit the whole thing in my mouth, the second one I never ever knew which one it is exactly, I might post pictures of it if I find it I think its still around somewhere but I might have thrown it up cause the nipple was broken, I think it was probably something like a Nuk 4, at least it was larger than the current Nuk size 3 and I'm 100% sure of that.

Still I will probably buy my first real proper Nuk 5 as a christmas gift this year, last year I got myself a cloth diaper and a sleeper, perhaps I'll have some baby-pants items with it, I want their training pants but think they are too thin to really feel them.

My first was a Tommee Tippee Air back with a green one and a purple one to make things simpler, basically these ones Tommee Tippee Cair Soothers 9-18 Months - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

My first was a nuk 2 bought from a Pharmacy. I was a little ignorant and was thrilled when I found a local store had Nuk3! Now I have a couple Nuk 5's... bliss.

This is going to sound crazy. I never told anyone this before! Some of you know I was and still AM a thumbsucker. I never grew out of it. When I was younger, past age three or four, my parents and older sister would really get angry at me for thumbsucking. Sometimes they'd smack my wrist backwards away from my mouth. Or make up myths about how little girls who suck their thumbs past a certain age end up getting very sick and dying. Also they would hold down my hand and hold a butcher knife over my thumb, etc. Things like that.

Then one day, when I was about eight years of age, my sister is in the grocery store and spots pacifiers in the baby section. So she has this idea that they could use it to make me stop thumbsucking. But really I suspect it was just some other means of punishment, because they kept announcing it everywhere. Like to the clerk. "This is for HER because she sucks her thumb, still." And they made me use it for a while. Thankfully, not in public, but around the house and especially at night. This only lasted about two weeks, if memory serves. They sort of grew tired of it, and I'd always wake up with the thumb in my mouth and the pacifier somewhere lost in the sheets anyway.

So my first pacifier, in general, because I didn't have one as baby, was when I was eight. Now, I'm attempting again to stop sucking my thumb by way of using my nuk 5 pacifiers but the same thing happens as when I was little. I can't sleep like that.

My first pacifier after Infancy was a Nuk 3 they were larger and found them very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    This is going to sound crazy. I never told anyone this before! Some of you know I was and still AM a thumbsucker. I never grew out of it. When I was younger, past age three or four, my parents and older sister would really get angry at me for thumbsucking. Sometimes they'd smack my wrist backwards away from my mouth. Or make up myths about how little girls who suck their thumbs past a certain age end up getting very sick and dying. Also they would hold down my hand and hold a butcher knife over my thumb, etc. Things like that.

Then one day, when I was about eight years of age, my sister is in the grocery store and spots pacifiers in the baby section. So she has this idea that they could use it to make me stop thumbsucking. But really I suspect it was just some other means of punishment, because they kept announcing it everywhere. Like to the clerk. "This is for HER because she sucks her thumb, still." And they made me use it for a while. Thankfully, not in public, but around the house and especially at night. This only lasted about two weeks, if memory serves. They sort of grew tired of it, and I'd always wake up with the thumb in my mouth and the pacifier somewhere lost in the sheets anyway.

So my first pacifier, in general, because I didn't have one as baby, was when I was eight. Now, I'm attempting again to stop sucking my thumb by way of using my nuk 5 pacifiers but the same thing happens as when I was little. I can't sleep like that.
    That's sad how your parents treated you. No child should be threatened like that. I remember being at a flea market once and seeing a little girl, about 5, sucking her thumb and her mom telling her to stop. I felt kind of bad for her.